The Big Picture: Turtle Maki

therockdemon

Mar 17, 2011
why do all anime heros have to turn in to robots its the one thing that really puts me off them

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
Well... that was surprisingly weird, but also... kinda meh...
I mean the TMNT thing.

I never really was into that, but I guess there is something for everyone.

Nice to know about this sort of stuff though, although can't say I'm thrilled.
But good show

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I had a TMNT toy when I was younger. It was Donatello and he even had a little boa staff. Then I tripped on him and cut up my kneel. WHY DONATELLO, WHY!?

MrMisfit

Apr 8, 2008
A Ronin Warrior knocking up a Digimon. Try and shake that mental image kids. Also, Bob still owes us a "Rain of the Supermen" episode.

RKOking226

Jan 5, 2011
When they turned in to their crystal form they looked a lot like wolverine... Only more greenish.

Catolf

Jul 2, 2011
That was interesting to see, considering I was a HUGE turtle fan until power rangers came along it's nice to see what happen over on the other side of the ocean. XD

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Congratulations, Escapist community. You've now completed the ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com [http://thatguywiththeglasses.com] entry course.

You can further your quest into obscurity by visiting that site, where everything has already been uncovered there, instead of waiting for MovieBob to copy it.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
ThatGuyWithTheShotty said:
I called it! I fucking called it!
FIRST!
*EDIT* AH FUCKING NINJAS!
Oh, and in the last episode I called this episode, that's what I mean.
He said he was going to do it anyway after the credits, so "calling it" is rather meaningless here.

therockdemon said:
why do all anime heros have to turn in to robots its the one thing that really puts me off them
Do you want me to go through the list of ones that don't or should we just not waste each others time?

OT: Having never been a turtles fan, forgive my dull enthusiasm. I guess I was never really sold on it because of the name. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Say it out loud and tell me it doesn't sound ridiculous. It's the same reason I never watched Biker Mice from Mars, because the name wasn't intriguing, catchy or interesting to me. I'm sure if I watched these, I might like them, heck, Pun heavy humour and mild violence are in Digimon so I guess I would like them, but it's that name. That damn name.

It's like going out with a girl who's called Arnold Schwarzenegger. It doesn't seem real, but it is and is awkward as hell.

Calumon: That name is just silly! XD Why can't we watch it?

VonBrewskie

Apr 9, 2009
Thanks Bob. I used to read the old TMNT graphic novels back in the day on long road trips to Tahoe. I thought it was awesome to see Splinter catch an arrow with his bare hand in one of those old books. Loved Casey Jones' old mask too... Had no idea they went all Gundam/Eva/Voltron and gave the turtles a blazing sword ultimate attack. Not really interested in checking it out after this episode, but that's weird man! Thanks for the heads up. (Damn I'm old.)

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Thanks for sharing this BoB.

Was looking forward to a more in depth guide of the TMNT anime.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Jbird said:
Congratulations, Escapist community. You've now completed the ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com [http://thatguywiththeglasses.com] entry course.

You can further your quest into obscurity by visiting that site, where everything has already been uncovered there, instead of waiting for MovieBob to copy it.
And someone did it before him, it's a about a fifteen year old animation hundreds of poeple probably did it by now, plus the big picture has a whole bunch of topics that Nostalgia Critic never touched.

OT: This is why I don't like it when people complain about America ruining anything they get there hands on, because all the countries do it, most of the time it ends up crap no matter who grabs it.

Jman1236

Jul 29, 2008
I didn't know that Power rangers hurt ninja turtles' ratings, I know they did to Satam Sonic.

BTW the ovas are on youtube with english subtitles, you can see them here:

Episode 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdTEnvfhLd0

Episode 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ns-2Pfw8Fc&

Lex Darko

Aug 13, 2006
This video made me think of the x-men anime series. Only that the x-men anime [http://www.gogoanime.com/category/x-men] is actually easy to follow unlike the 20 different versions of the x-men comics.

Throwitawaynow

Aug 29, 2010
LadyRhian said:
They don't. Saiyuki and Saiyuki Reload never had that happen, among others.
True, but so many do. Really randomly too, I just watched the first episode of GunxSword and at the end the villian and protagonist gets a huge mech out of nowhere. I was just sratching my head wondering, "Wtf?" Threw me off the series for sure.

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
The remake of TMNT (a few years old at this point) actually does have a lot of dynamic fight scenes and whatnot. It borrows very heavily from anime. The first couple seasons are particuarly good since they are mostly based around the good parts of the comic.