The Big Picture: Two Many Busters

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Two Many Busters

MovieBob ain't afraid of no ghosts - or cheap looking cartoon imitators.

Watch Video

THAC0

Aug 12, 2009
oh dear, um first i guess. sigh, so close.

anyway. i remember both cartoons and liked them. Only trouble was it seemed a lot harder to find the filmation version, I was a kid, i didn't care what it was about as long as it had Ghostbusters in the title.

THAC0

Aug 12, 2009
MatParker116 said:
I remember loving the sequel Extreme Ghostbusters never seen the original though
you can see a lot of them on youtube if its something you are interested in. I suggest the Real Ghostbusters and not Slimer and the Real Ghostbuster. Writing just seemed better on the earlier episodes while later, they seemed like they were trying to make it more kid friendly.

scottxxxx667

Apr 30, 2010
Interesting show Bob, I'm a long time fan of your work, but this will be my first comment (sorry if it sounds the tiniest bit critical).

Anyway, while this sort of stuff is interesting from the 'useless triva' side of the internet (not a bad thing, by the way), it sort of fails to evoke a response other than, "oh, I guess that's kind of cool". Your best work is when you use your intellect to discuss an issue or an idea in a way that few people ever think of before, or at least least introduce people to an idea that could change their way of thinking (such as your GameOverthinker episode about how Super Mario Galaxy features one of the few examples of creationism reenvisioned through entirely feminine means).

Anyway, not to sound too harsh, your 'useless triva' is always interesting to hear, but your best episodes will always be the ones that could change a persons thinking.

dmcc85

Feb 18, 2010
so ... oyu 're telling us "the gostbusters" the sucky cartoon version is the origin for "ghostbusters" the movie, even so it was broduced AFTER the movie, but the tv-series was made before the movie, on wich "the ghostbusters" cartoon is basically based upon.
(all in one sentence)
in short: "TV IS WEIRD"
thank you very nice episode.
proceed!

dmcc85

Feb 18, 2010
so ... you 're telling us "the gostbusters" the sucky cartoon version is the origin for "ghostbusters" the movie, even so it was broduced AFTER the movie, but the tv-series was made before the movie, on wich "the ghostbusters" cartoon is basically based upon.
(all in one sentence)
in short: "TV IS WEIRD"
thank you very nice episode.
proceed!

Okysho

Sep 12, 2010
scottxxxx667 said:
Interesting show Bob, I'm a long time fan of your work, but this will be my first comment (sorry if it sounds the tiniest bit critical).

Anyway, while this sort of stuff is interesting from the 'useless triva' side of the internet (not a bad place, by the way), it sort of fails to evoke a response other than, "oh, I guess that's kind of cool". Your best work is when you use your intellect to discuss an issue or an idea in a way that few people ever think of before, or at least least introduce people to an idea that could change their way of thinking (such as your GameOverthinker episode about how Super Mario Galaxy features one of the few examples of creationism reenvisioned through entirely feminine means).

Anyway, not to sound too harsh, your 'useless triva' is always interesting to hear, but your best episodes will always be the ones that could change a persons thinking.
I'm with you on this one, between his ancient TV show episodes and comic eps also, I find myself feeling unfulfilled, and while the aforementioned episodes may indeed be the big picture on the subject, the subject itself doesn't provoke much thought.

This is another reason I love extra credits...

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
MovieBob said:
Two Many Busters

MovieBob ain't afraid of no ghosts - or cheap looking cartoon imitators.

Watch Video
Not only do you get major props for being a fellow "I know way too much about Ghostbusters" fan, but added points for the Crystal Head Vodka Danny picture.

Seriously, I found out about that product on April 1st. I think the official tagline should be "Crystal Head Vodka, what do you mean it's not an April Fool's Joke?" Smooth though.

Captain Underbeard

Mar 8, 2011
Wow I remember watching the Ghostbusters cartoon (the one with the monkey) as a kid. Have no idea where or when though.

What an absolute blast from the past. I kinda enjoyed it, though I remember being freaked out and thinking it was really...out there. I was like 4 though.

Thanks Bob, nice bit of nostalgia :)

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Great episode, always wondered what was going on with those series, and now I know.

Much better than the political commentary.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
MatParker116 said:
I remember loving the sequel Extreme Ghostbusters never seen the original though
YES THANK YOU. I loved the extreme one especially when the real Ghost Busters made an appearance.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I was about 4 or 5 when those shows came out. I know my slightly older brother had a few action figures that were weird (particularly the one with the fat guy with pilot hat and goggles) he claimed were ghost busters and I didn't get it. Not recognizing them at all.

That answers that.

s_glasgow99

Jan 8, 2010
Bob,
You forgot to mention a couple of 'crossover' episodes the original Ghostbusters did where they had to rescue the Real Ghostbusters. It makes from some laughably bad continuity, but it was amazing that they did it.

Scott Glasgow

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
Aaaaah! Thanks Bob, now the fog is starting to clear.

I remember watching an animated Ghostbusters show growing up in the '90s and loving it, thinking that was, you know what Ghostbusters was. As I grew up I largely forgot what it was about and when eventually I learned Ghostbusters was actually a live action movie and assumed the cartoon was a spinoff.

All these years I've always had this sense that something, somewhere was wrong about that picture. Partially because I clearly remember that the show had a talking car that was never in the movie. I just assumed they didn't give a damn when they made the cartoon.

I'm glad I got that cleared up ^^

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
Filmations Ghostbusters atcually served as the base of inspiration for Danny Phantom on nickolodeon, for example the idea of a ghost catching thermos Came from the Ghostbusters cartoon.

Kaytastrophe

Jun 7, 2010
scottxxxx667 said:

Anyway, while this sort of stuff is interesting from the 'useless triva' side of the internet (not a bad thing, by the way), it sort of fails to evoke a response other than, "oh, I guess that's kind of cool". Your best work is when you use your intellect to discuss an issue or an idea in a way that few people ever think of before, or at least least introduce people to an idea that could change their way of thinking (such as your GameOverthinker episode about how Super Mario Galaxy features one of the few examples of creationism reenvisioned through entirely feminine means).

I agree, I finished watching this episode and while I enjoyed it at the end I was like so what? I agree that I didn't walk away with any new perspective or a different perspective on a topic.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I remember always feeling very nervous whenever Sky Channel announced "Next up: Ghostbusters". Would it be that actual awesome Ghostbusters or the crappy gorilla Ghostbusters?

The Boogey Man from the Real Ghostbusters always scared the shit out me by the way.