The Big Picture: Who Was That At The End of Guardians of the Galaxy?

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Who Was That At The End of Guardians of the Galaxy?

As with most Marvel films these days, there's usually a post-credits stinger that hints at more things to come. Guardians of the Galaxy did things a little differently.

Obviously, there will be spoilers.

Watch Video

Omnicrom

Jun 26, 2012
Well Bob, I'd certainly be up for a big picture episode on the vagaries of the Howard the Duck movie. You have a knack for making obscure ephemera really interesting, and I always love your film examinations.

Pat Hulse

Oct 17, 2011
antiproductiveman said:
It always makes me feel better when someone reads off a Wikipedia article to me
I...

Wait a minute. You've been a member since 2009? And you decided that THIS was the moment to finally post your first reply on the forums? After five years, you break your silence just to make a sarcastic put-down against a random video about Howard the Duck?

Damn. I'm actually kind of impressed.

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
Ok, that was actually quite a bit more interesting than I thought it would be. Was worried it was just going to amount to another regurgitation of a Wikipedia entry. And incidentally, I've actually read Howard the Duck MAX. It is one of the single weirdest comics I have ever read, and not in a particularly good way.

Hiramas

Aug 31, 2010
Well, yet another thing I have to miss out on since in Europe, we don't get the movie till august 28th...

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I suppose that is the best he can get after the failure of that film of his.

I just assume the reason why they added him was another joke on the retro/ 80's thing due to Pete is kind of lost in time (it make me wonder how he will react to the musics he had missed if he return to Earth).

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
I haven't seen Guardians Of The Galaxy yet but I'm glad I'll see Howard The Duck in the after credits scene.

Now if only Nintendo could get over that Mario movie.

Sosa Star

Nov 23, 2009
I was kinda curious about the Howard the Duck movie, but after those clips I'm going to admit I'm scared of what else you would show me in a full Big Picture about it.

I also need to actually go to a theatre and see GoG. I rare do, usually waiting for DVD, but this I gotta see.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Growing up, I mostly knew Howard because of the spoofs and shots Marvel took during and after the litigation incident. I still haven't seen the whole movie, in part because my brain starts to throttle itself in self defense when I try.

Burnouts3s3 said:
Really? I thought everyone had seen that Nostalgia Critic episode and knew who Howard was.
I know NC has a lot of fans, but I don't think his coverage is anywhere near that high.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Hmm... all of this actually puts a different spin on what he meant by "Ugh, that's gross. Why would you let him do that to you?"

Zacharious-khan

Mar 29, 2011
I believe the nostalgia critic did an episode on Howard the Duck but i would like to see a movie bob take on the movie

Chaos999

Jun 7, 2010
Hiramas said:
Well, yet another thing I have to miss out on since in Europe, we don't get the movie till august 28th...

Depends in which part of Europe you are, because I already seen it.

And Bob when I was little I liked the Howard the Duck movie.

Uriel_Hayabusa

Apr 7, 2014
You can chalk up my vote for an episode detailing the production of that Howard the Duck movie. I love stories about troubled productions.

ran88dom99

Feb 3, 2011
Talking about Howard the duck crossovers makes sad. Moviebob, could you do an episode on webcomics please?

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
And I thought the main female character of Dust: An Elysian Tail being naked in a furry world filled with clothed people was weird. What the hell was that bedroom scene? I kinda do want a The Big Picture episode on that film now.