The Big Picture: Who Was That At The End of Guardians of the Galaxy?

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
Well, it's been mentioned several times, but no one's linked to it yet...

...So here it is: The Nostalgia Critic's look back at Howard The Duck:

JarinArenos

Jan 31, 2012
I was going to say I wanted Bob to do an episode on the HtD movie, but then I saw all those clips and... I... I'm not sure my poor brain could handle it. That "romantic" scene just about killed me.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Howard was just a Red Herring, Warlocks Cocoon being open was the subtle reveal.

chazwicked82

Jul 22, 2010
Call me crazy, but I first saw Howard the Duck when I was a kid, and I freakin loved it. Going back and watching it now I still like it, sure it's weird and doesn't make a lot of sense, but it was still good.

abort_user

Aug 4, 2009
i dont know about anyone else but id love to hear your thoughts about what went wrong with the Howard the Duck movie. i feel you are lot better at delving into the details behind the scenes and wouldnt just do a scene-by-scene summation of everything wrong with it.

id also like some clarification as to your last thought. personally i agree with you but i feel its something that could make a neat elaboration in another episode (though probably not a full episode).

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
YES! COMICS ARE WEIRD is back! And so is the "WTF did I just see?!" sign. The group gasp is a nice touch too. I was blown away by seeing Howard the Duck in the Collector's room, drinking a martini and sounding like Seth Green. I had no idea there was a lot of creator-ownership problems around him, including the image stuff. If he's appeared in a major Marvel story, it wasn't in an issue I got. I think the other WTF-worthy moment in this episode should be appearing on a cover with U.S.Agent.

On that note, how's this for a future COMICS ARE WEIRD episode: The Replacement Captain Americas. Of course, Bob's title will be better than that.

Nojh

Occipital Ostritch
Aug 10, 2009
People keep talking about "Nostalgia Critic" like everybody knows who they are.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Big Picture episode on Howard the Duck, the Movie.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Blue Ranger said:
I will have to save this video until after I see the movie.
There were no spoilers of the actual movie, though: just mentioning what tangential thing came after the credits.

And I think we've seen enough of that movie's awfulness between the clips here and Nostalgia Critic's old review of it. Duck tits, ew-ew-EW!

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
My memory of this movie is cloudy but that woman and the duck have sex? Or did i remember that wrong? Wow that was creepy. All though we get Brian the dog having sex with woman in Family Guy so i guess bestiality still lives on. lol

Stilkon

Feb 19, 2011
I'd love a Big Picture episode about the Howard the Duck movie, particularly because it gives MovieBob another opportunity to discuss eternal enigma George Lucas.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Pat Hulse said:
antiproductiveman said:
It always makes me feel better when someone reads off a Wikipedia article to me
I...

Wait a minute. You've been a member since 2009? And you decided that THIS was the moment to finally post your first reply on the forums? After five years, you break your silence just to make a sarcastic put-down against a random video about Howard the Duck?

Damn. I'm actually kind of impressed.
Haha, everyone has that moment, "...That's the last FUCKING straw."

Good episode, although I'm fond of anything Howard the Duck related, I like to think the ending was there for the ONE guy in each packed theater who not only knows Howard but also appreciates the pointless perfection of the POS showing up right at the very end. I was that guy and I loved every second of the blatant confusion and anger I felt in the theater. I love you, Howard, even if you do belong in the trash.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Hiramas said:
Well, yet another thing I have to miss out on since in Europe, we don't get the movie till august 28th...
In the UK we had it on 31st July, the day before the Americans. I wonder why you're getting it so late in Germany. :/

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
I remember the day, long ago, when my local video store owner tried to SELL me his rental VHS copy of 'Howard the Duck'! I turned him down as politely as I could.

Oh, and Bob, about that video dedicated entirely to the Howard the Duck - movie: Yeah, I could very likely find out, from any number of sources, just how f***ed-up that production process was - but I'm sure I'm not the only one here who would rather hear it from you! You're easily among the very best authorities on pop-cultural f**k-ups. And I'm not just saying that.

Mikkaddo

Black Rose Knight
Jan 19, 2008
I'd love to see an episode on Howard the Duck's movie, since I've only seen the movie once, when I was a kid aroudn the same time I saw "IT" for the first time so the memory is BEYOND "a bit blurry" it's all a massive maelstrom of weirdness, sex references and terrifying clowns murdering people, and giant spiders because THANKS STEPHEN!

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
WHY? Why did you have to subject us to so many scenes from that awful movie?!

We do NOT need a Howard the Duck movie episode.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Yeeeew, did they really make a PG movie with heavily implied bestiality? (jiggling shadow breasts etc)

Moeez

May 28, 2009
Wait, is this even a question? Most people in my cinema laughed and immediately recognised him, shouting Howard.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Not G. Ivingname said:
Dear Bob,

Why, why, WHY did you have to include the DUCK SEX scenes from that movie?

*Whole body cringes.*
Because whenever someone brings up Howard the Duck, it's always a good time to talk about duck tits.

OT: Holy shit!... If they DO bring him back, I'll definitely watch the shit out of it! :D

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
ewhac said:
Well, it's been mentioned several times, but no one's linked to it yet...

...So here it is: The Nostalgia Critic's look back at Howard The Duck:

And I counter that video with a more positive (and informative) light on this film.