The Big Picture: Who Was That At The End of Guardians of the Galaxy?

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
Man that monster from that movie scared the hell out of me when I was a kid. Gave me nightmares, with that F-ing creepy ass tongue and claymation that didn't look nearly as fake back then...

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I havent seen Gaurdians but.....

did Howard the duck show up post credits?

THAT is the single most weird and terribly awsome thing EVER!

EDIT:if they do a Howard the duck movie before a female charachter mvoie then....the world is a strange place

Redd the Sock

Apr 14, 2010
I actually went in expecting a Howard cameo. It was the kind of inside joke I could see being pulled both as a nod for whatever marvel executive thinks he's the greatest thing ever and just can't get the traction as a book (kind of how the whole GotG got greenlit in the first place), and the cruel continuity people to watch fanboys debate if the 86 movie should now be counted as part of the cinematic universe. Kind of a shame they ripped off a joke from Hulk: agents of SMASH to do it, but whatever.

The movie is still a guilty pleasure. As a kid you get a lot of it, but there was also that allure of stuff you didn't get but knew was naughty (and I'm not just talking about the naked duck in the bath.) As an adult it's a fun mess that you'd swear was done on purpose a la Sharknado. It's one of the few movies I have trouble riffing on since the little feathered bastard starts doing that for me midway.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
BigTuk said:
Heck the existance of ROcket Racoon in a major film is enough. FOr DC to match that they'd have to have to basically bring in Ace the Bathoud or Myxlpklx
I would drop cash opening night to see a Superman movie with Gilbert Gottfried reprising his role as Mr. Mxyzptlk. Bonus points if it's not in a reboot, and he's just in there to take the piss out of the grimdark setting.

hotdogoctopus

Jun 16, 2009
I would like a Howard the Duck episode. Mostly because of the heart-wrenching nostalgia that revolves around that movie terrifying me as a kid.

Living Contradiction

Clearly obfusticated
Nov 8, 2009
I...I...ayayayayay.

There is some silliness that must be encouraged whenever possible and an episode about Howard the Duck movie, especially after so much history on the character (kudos to you, Bob, for finding it all), fits that to a T.

Part of my brain blocked out my memories the movie in self-defense, I'm sure. If a Big Picture episode happens on it though, I'll do the honourable thing: Numb my brain into defenselessness with alcohol and revel in the madness.

Oskuro

Nov 18, 2009
Well, that was unexpected! It's actually another good reason to go see the movie! (With my luck, it'll be one of those times the projector is shut down as the credits start so people leave the theater...)

As for a Howard the Duck episode, I'd like to see that. Funny thing, it was the Nostalgia Critic's Howard the Duck video that got me into the whole internet video review thing, which lead to SF Debris, Red Letter Media and Zero Punctuation (and thus The Escapist) among others.

So yeah, Howard the Duck has been a good thing in my life. :D

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
Sosa Star said:
I was kinda curious about the Howard the Duck movie, but after those clips I'm going to admit I'm scared of what else you would show me in a full Big Picture about it.

I also need to actually go to a theatre and see GoG. I rare do, usually waiting for DVD, but this I gotta see.
A full watch of the Howard the Duck movie will reveal things no man should possibly face. Case in point. Naked Duck Tits. Yep you read that right. Bare breasted duckage, complete with big pink nipples.

So yeah lets set Bob loose on this one. Maybe if it isn't enough on its own he could do it as part of a retrospective of Lucasfilms non Star Wars Indiana Jones, batshit insane movies. It would probably team nicely with Willow, More American Graffiti and The Land Before Time.

TKretts3

Jul 20, 2010
Blue Ranger said:
I will have to save this video until after I see the movie.
Yeah, me too.
"Who was that at the end of- OF FUDGE, I can't watch this yet!" -_-

Kieve

Jan 4, 2011
Just posting this to say:
Yes Bob. Do a breakdown on the Howard film.
Because fuck Nostalgia Critic[footnote]I actually don't care one way or the other about NC but I refute the idea Bob should give it a pass just because NC did a video for it.[/footnote].

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
Not gonna lie, I figured this was going to be a bait and switch episode all about Cosmo.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I always liked the Howard the Duck movie. Yeah it's garbage, but it holds the same place in my heart as Killer Klowns from Outer Space and Leningrad Cowboys Go America.

While I would like to see an episode dedicated to the movie, what I'd actually love to see is a play by play analysis of Tanaleer Tivan's showroom. From what I understand it's a cornucopia of Marvel Universe references but it goes by too quickly to see it all.

(So much so that I thought The Cocoon was supposed to be Mojo)

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Nthing request for Howard the Duck episode.

Now pardon me...I'm still picking up the fragments of my blown mind from that. DON'T STEP ON THAT ONE OVER THERE! It's my fanfiction workup knowledge, and since I work in megacrossovers, stepping on that would cause it to implode the entire galaxy from the sheer geekiness.

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
Not gonna lie, I was laughing so damn hard when Howard showed up at the end I nearly missed what most people missed. (Adam Warlock is once again free) I actually had someone from the audience in my same aisle ask me why it was so damn funny, as he didn't get it.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
I'd like to see a Big Picture about the Howard the Duck movie so long as you kept those...clips to a minimum. Watching that was painful on so many levels.

webkilla

Feb 2, 2011
I recognized Howard instantly when I saw him - though I do recall a few people in the cinema going "Wtf is Donald doing in a marvel movie?"

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
I for one wouldn't mind an episode on him, I've seen enough of him around (probably a lot on MovieBob's stuff come to think of it? I'm not sure where my knowledge of the movie even comes from) but still know little of the movie itself, save for it being a flop and I found this Big Picture fairly interesting though those clips were quite trying...

Still, amusing enough cameo, I look forward to seeing this film.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Honestly, I'm interested in seeing Marvel Studios tackle a new Howard the Duck movie or whatever plans they may have. If only just to see how much more they can fuck with DC Comics/Warner Bros. XD

And lets not do a review of the 1986 movie. I think that version of Howard has scarred enough fragile minds in its lifetime.