The Big Picture: With Great Power

brazuca

Jun 11, 2008
It took Bob half the video to go to the point. Rewatch and you will see it. These videos are already short, so don't waste time examplifying what you already said in previous videos (like that series about movie history). Good video by the way.

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
In connection to the Tropes vs Women reference, I don't take Alisia Sarkeesian seriously.

Watch her episode, then Facts vs Women and you'll see why.

Orcboyphil

Dec 25, 2008
Bob Really!? the people your riling against are either children (your homophobic, racist misoginistic Spunkgargleweewee gamers)or insular loveshy manchilds there vocal but they are a tiny tiny minority of geeks. I don't think that I've ever met one of these people in the 32 years of my life outside the internet.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
So you're saying that instead of hypocritically embracing an atmosphere of exclusion that we have defined ourselves as the victims of, geeks ought to try to fight the demon that has plagued us for so long?

You're a madman, Mr. Chipman! A madman!

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
I feel kinda bad about saying this but it's very hard to deny that a very defining factor of what you call geek culture is and always was a certain sense of elitism. It's true that we always existed outside of the mainstream... it is, however, also true that many if not most of us think and thought that they are better than the mainstream. Sure, we were outcasts but we always secretly considered ourselves some sort of secret circle that only the worthy can enter, as absurd as that notion is. In this context a certain amount of prejudice was to be expected but it needs to be overcome on an individual level rather than on a collective level.

Jacco

May 1, 2011
Christ. This was pretty much a sociology class in 6 minutes. I hate those stupid terms like "cisgender" cause it just adds to the idea of difference. If people truly want a unified equal human species, we need to stop making up stupid meaningless terms like that.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
So Nerds can be the leaders that bring us to a species-wide brotherhood? I'm on board with that! NO MORE HATRED!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Amen to the first half of the video but good luck trying to get people to be more mature/ responsisble from the last half of the video. By all mean Bob did raise a good point but we all know that most people don't give a danm unless the video itself is awe inspiring/ motivate us but not long lasting.
Also ain't the video itself is kind of a hypocrite coming from Bob? No don't quote me on this but I know one of the reasons why people don't like Bob is his attitude toward stuff and for him to say that the nerd culture attitude should be more mature seen hypocritical.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
Er... I appreciate his intent but this video is pretty poor. TL:DW, nerds are cool now, stop being jerks.

Zombie_Moogle

Dec 25, 2008
Renegade-pizza said:
In connection to the Tropes vs Women reference, I don't take Alisia Sarkeesian seriously.

Watch her episode, then Facts vs Women and you'll see why.
While Thunderf00t's videos made rational counterpoints to Sarkeesian's videos, and that's a great start, we shouldn't forget the maelstrom of troll fire that arose after she announced her kickstarter

The side of the gaming community driven by compassion & perspective is ever growing, but there is still work to be done

Movie Bob, excellent video

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
The funny thing is, Mainstream culture haven´t been worse than it is now, i´ve been watching a lot of 90s/80s mainstream action movies at the moment, and even the mediocre films are often better than the big nerd movies of today. Maybe i just hate nerd culture, i don´t really know to be honest. But when nerds declare something a masterpiece, i tend to avoid it like the plague, because i´ll probably hate it and vice versa.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Now that we are on top, the only natural thing for us to do is oppress those that have kept us down!

Sorry human nature :(

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Thank God for you Bob.[sub](Don't tell Jim I said that. He'll get jealous. ;D)[/sub]

I think we as a community really do have an opportunity to make a place where all can be welcome, regardless of who/what they are.
It won't be easy, but most things that are worth having are also worth the effort you have to put in to have them.

Good luck with the book!