The Big Picture: Worst Movies of 2012

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Worst Movies of 2012

See which movies MovieBob branded as the worst films of 2012.

Watch Video

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
I had a feeling The Amazing Spiderman would be right up there.
I don't know how many other people would put it as their number 2 worst of the year, but still, it's Movie-Bob's list.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
About Jarvet: Symbolism. Jarvert is supposed to represent Val Jean's past, something inescapable and unforgettable.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
I really liked Les Miserables, though that's mostly because of the story and the songs/music. The movie itself is enjoyable to watch, though the two things that really kill it for me are the extended close-ups of people's faces while their singing and nothing else is happening and Russell Crowe. Everything else is fine by my standards. As for the other movies, they're all pretty well-deserving for this list.

mybabyateadingo

Jun 10, 2011
With all due respect to bob, the reason focus switches to Marius and Cosette in the third act, is BECAUSE they're boring. They represent a privileged youth left by Jean Vel Jean, the mean who went through hell to give them something. The ending, while happy with JVJ and Fontine in heaven, isn't actually happy. Then only surviving characters are the spoiled rich kids, and the thieves. Because they're the only ones ever left after a revolution. They're the only constants in the world. My apologies for spelling or grammar mistakes.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
10. Ugh, WHY do people ask for films from that era? Action movies only got BETTER when we got back to using good actors in action movies instead of lunkheads

9. God this was a bad idea.

8. No need to comment

7. Only expect more of these to be made

6. Thank god Hardy earned some cred back with Dark Knight Rises

5. Glenn Beck!? What the HELL was he thinking?

4. Ouch

3. This pretty much proves that Hooper did NOT get a Best Director Oscar because of his ability

2. So. Much. HATE. Man did they fuck this up, especially with the ending where Peter basically spat in George Stacy's face.

1. Like I said before, it almost sounded like you were talking about Ninja Theory's GODAWFUL DmC game that shows the worst excesses and pretenses of writing.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
I never sawz ASM because I believed how stupid it would be. This video more or less confirms my fears.

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
Haven't seen Les Mis yet because it's not out in the UK yet but I don't think it deserves a number three spot from other people I've heard talk about it. I mean, it wouldn't get on a top ten best but it wouldn't go on the worst either... though Russell Crowe's singing is so horrible that I am inclined to agree with you on the fact that it'd go somewhere on a "Top Ten Miscasts in Cinema" list.

And please stop harping on about The Amazing Spiderman. Same as above, it wouldn't go on my top ten best but it wouldn't go on the worst either, especially not at number two. If you want to talk about The Amazing Spiderman, talk about Issue #700 and the whole... everything surrounding that mess. I'm honestly interested to hear your opinion on that because it's so weird, even by comic book standards.

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
Only film on this list I've seen is battleship so I cant comment on the others, but for me I actualy enjoyed it.

Oh dont get me wrong theres a huge difference between enjoying it and it being a good movie and I'm not condoning more films like it but I went to see it with a handful of friends on one of those "why the heck not" nights, went in with horrendously low expectations and it actually surpassed them, moving from horrendous into just bad territory

Was fun to watch with with friends in the same way most bad films are, snakes on a plane, starship troopers etc etc etc

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
If I were making this list, Dark Knight Rises would have landed in the top 3 somewhere. I haven't seen the new Les Mis though, so I'll take your word for it Bob.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Kumagawa Misogi said:
Yawn, you don't like amazing spiderman Bob that's fine but stop acting like everyone in the geek press does as your a very, very lone voice in hating it (and no, pointing out that a pretentious douchebag WHO TYPES IN ALL CAPS doesn't like it either is not all geek press).
I don't wanna ruin your fun or anything, but this was HIS top 10 worst. He can put whatever he wants.

And for what it's worth, I think he's right. That movie was a mess and I felt like I was being assaulted with weaponized "stupid" as the film went on.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I have to be honest...I kinda liked The Lorax. I didn't love it, it's not on my top films of the year or anything, but I thought it was okay. And as for Le Mis, I haven't seen it yet, though I still want to.

However, I'm well aware that this is your list of your worst films of the year, and realize that it's entirely subjective. Shame all the people who have/will bash you for putting Spiderman on this list don't realize that.

...Is Jamie Foxx really playing Electro?

Kinda funny how most of the films on this list I forgot even existed, I guess that shows how bad they were.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
I HAVE SEEN ANOTHER SIGN OF THE END!!!

Glen Beck and Vince Vaughn reality TV show. I would look it up but my sanity demands I do not. Lord save us all, if we ever stumble across it by accident.

Also, that Will Smith movie. It could be bad, but there is a chance at it being mediocre.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Never been a fan of victor Hugo's work in general. Find him too melodramatic. Even hunchback annoys me.