The Biggest Hoax Of All Time?

RetiarySword

Apr 27, 2008
bad rider said:
RetiarySword said:
You realy are a clueless idiot. I have tolerated some twats thinking global warming is a lie or a myth but you try to justify yourself and claiming it is a way of scamming money out of people?!
Great way to start an arguement make personal remarks about the OP. Seriously if you want to make a serious point and discuss go ahead, but don't open up with a your a twat comment as it says heelo to the rationale debate society kicks it in the nuts then goes for a stroll down start flame war lane.
He made it personal with 'people trying to make money out of this lie', I'm an activist. That was pretty personal to me.

Mar 31, 2009
I agree with the OP, it is a philosophically valid idea that this is just a huge cycle that humans don;t have as much a hand in as is thought by the masses. I do believe that we need to help the earth out and this hoax has been best because it has convinced many people to start trying to be friendly to the planet, but that is about it. we are going to cool off again and warm up again ad nauseum for as long as this is a changing beautiful world.

----------------

-bad rider

Great way to start an arguement make personal remarks about the OP. Seriously if you want to make a serious point and discuss go ahead, but don't open up with a your a twat comment as it says heelo to the rationale debate society kicks it in the nuts then goes for a stroll down start flame war lane.

-----------

very Yahtzee like if you forgive my fanboy faggotry

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
RetiarySword said:
bad rider said:
RetiarySword said:
You realy are a clueless idiot. I have tolerated some twats thinking global warming is a lie or a myth but you try to justify yourself and claiming it is a way of scamming money out of people?!
He made it personal with 'people trying to make money out of this lie', I'm an activist. That was pretty personal to me.
It wasn't intended as a personal remark, hell I've fallen down that line. But everytime it happens the same thing happens a random and pointless arguement comes out of it. You don't change minds by starting arguements, by respecting each other and perhaps by being critical of the terms which offended you, you can persuade him to edit the post to be less offensive to you thus you feel less offended and a serious discussion can be had.

RetiarySword

Apr 27, 2008
bad rider said:
RetiarySword said:
bad rider said:
RetiarySword said:
Too much effort. I need a sandwich.
It wasn't intended as a personal remark, hell I've fallen down that line. But everytime it happens the same thing happens a random and pointless arguement comes out of it. You don't change minds by starting arguements, by respecting each other and perhaps by being critical of the terms which offended you, you can persuade him to edit the post to be less offensive to you thus you feel less offended and a serious discussion can be had.

Moormur

Mar 24, 2009
Feel free to check out the University of Wisconsin -- Madison research that shows that 2008 was amongst the coldest years in recent history. That essay states that 'Global Warming' has actually reversed. Again.

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
Shapsters said:
The biggest hoax starts with an r and ends with eligion.
letsnoobtehpwns said:
Global Warming is just more shit that was crapped out of Al Gore's mouth.
Forum guidelines

Replying to a topic: Your responses should be relevant to the topic at hand or address a particular post. We like spirited responses on our forums, but they should be informed and polite responses. The great thing about a forum is that it allows you to take a minute to collect your thoughts before crafting a reply. One sentence non sequiturs are not good replies.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
TheLivingDaylights said:
Thank you both flyingpeanut and Berthil. You have some grasp over what is happening.
Enough with the thanking people who agree with you - its not only a waste of forum space but its actually pretty annoying.

Global warming is real - the facts and figures show this - as for your pretty poor theory - we are in uncharted territory.

P.S - Use the quote button - its very hard to tell who you are talking to otherwise.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
bad rider said:
Shapsters said:
The biggest hoax starts with an r and ends with eligion.
letsnoobtehpwns said:
Global Warming is just more shit that was crapped out of Al Gore's mouth.
Forum guidelines

Replying to a topic: Your responses should be relevant to the topic at hand or address a particular post. We like spirited responses on our forums, but they should be informed and polite responses. The great thing about a forum is that it allows you to take a minute to collect your thoughts before crafting a reply. One sentence non sequiturs are not good replies.
Sorry, please don't report me :(

MURPHYCHACHO

Oct 28, 2008
I don't know whether global warming is a hoax or not, but humanity's pollution can't be helping.

That's all.

kiwisushi

Sep 29, 2008
Accelerated climate change is happening, plenty of evidence supporting it, none more so than the large changes in seasonal weather patterns and intensity of storms. Of course those with power will support action ONLY if they have something to gain, its pretty much human nature. The reality is that we CANNOT stop climate change, nor can we really make much of an impact on it at the current moment, the only way is to effectively "revert to bushmen" and live truly sustainable lives. To say that the entire thing is a lie may be down to your own experiences of it, if you don't see a change it isn't happening, perhaps in some places this is the case currently.

The best things to do at the moment is to invest heavily in renewable energy and maybe we could stave it off a little. Those who think that cars are the problem are pretty clueless though, the main cause of carbon emission through travel is aircraft. A stat I picked up, can't remember where said that it takes 1000000 carrier bags to be recycled to offset the carbon liberated to send 1 person from London to Adelaide. Hydrogen cell fueled cars may be an idea (politically motivated idea mind!), better than bioethanol as you need a vast amount of land to farm the sugar cane/ sugar beet on, so trees are ripped up and we see the same problem as what is happening in Brazil with the cattle farming industry.
Another possible way is to make cement and subsequently concrete more efficiently, it is one of the highest carbon producing processes on the planet, there is research going into it but more funding would produce quicker results no doubt.

I do sort of agree with the thinking that we don't have all that much control over it - but it is mainly our fault! Even the large quantity of cows are due to us farming them, so their methane production is partly our fault. Also we are the only species that could slow it a bit and make the planet habitable for a little longer.

Sorry this ended up essay-like, and not even sure if I answered anything! Bucket of worms lol

Mr_spamamam

Mar 4, 2009
I can see for myself that the climate is changing, but it is debatable as to what effect humanity has had on it.

Out of interest what does Al Gore stand to gain from all this?
I mean if he's going round trying to convince people that mankind has caused global warming then either he really belives it or he has a vested interest in making people belive.

However i fail to see what he would gain from it. if some one would care to make a guess the go ahead

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
TheLivingDaylights said:
Okay Escapists, I'm going to sit you all down for a little chat about something called the Terra-Thermal Cycle. I'm sorry? Does that not ring any bells? Fine, I'll refer to it by the term fear-mongering slugs use. Global Warming. I have tolerated it for a little bit, but at this point I've had enough! For all reading this, the lie ends here!

Now, I'm not denying the Earth is getting warmer. Neither am I saying that pollution has had no effect on the planet. But saying that carbon dioxide is somehow directly causing the Earth's increased temperature is total bullshit. You see, this concept was invented by shadowy money-grubbers such as Al Gore.
Seriously? Maaan...

EDIT: Yes, he's super cereal.

A German woman accidentally given the Ebola virus nearly took a trip to Canada.
But she stayed in Germany, so it was okay...

If you are still reading, you made it through my evil wall of text, and I congratulate you. Now, you are able to make an educated opinion of this subject, and post/vote on what you think!
I feel that my ability to make an educated opinion on this subject has not been improved.

cuddly_tomato

Nov 12, 2008
bad rider said:
cuddly_tomato said:
bad rider said:
Good point, however can you prove that global warming exsists without using correlation graphs. It implys causation without proof. (Sorry it just seems thats where your arguement is coming from.)
What we can prove, right now, are the following things:-

1. Carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas, traps heat in the atmosphere, and causes planets to heat up.

2. Atmospheric and oceanic carbon dioxide on earth is increasing at a massive rate due to human activity.

3. The earths temperature has risen by half a degree in the past 50 years.

Those are established facts. In my mind, we don't really need any more to start acting on this.
Again I reiterate, I feel more needs to be done to prove causation. Lets not fall folley to classical conditioning.
While, for me at least, the links are proven and the case made, I can completely understand if you want more to be done to establish this link.

I will respond to that by simply saying - it hasn't been proven the other way either has it? There is no good science which can say that humans are not contributing severely to global warming. Not even close. So until such things can be established why not hedge our bets and do our best to minimise expenditure of energy and environmental impact?

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
OK, first of all - explain the sudden changes in weather over such a quick time period...humaity has released the same amount of CO2 in the past decade as a natural cycle wold have let out over thousands of years - hence the sudden rise in sea water as the ice caps melt.

The fact is, we want the cycle to stay at the period it is now - if not we will lose already depleting land resources and hundreds of thousands of people will be homeless. You claim that man has no effect on this - I call bullshit - simply put, Carbon Dioxide is released naturally as the earth heats and cools, yet in the past decade the temperature has sky -rocketed, we are using up to much Carbon Dioxide, thus heating the earth - how you can possibly claim thats not true I'm not sure, particularly when you have little to no scientific research with which to base your ideas on...

What I truly don't understand about your theory of a hoax is the fact you claim:

The craziest part of it all is, the data from two of the past global heating cycles showed that an Ice Age followed very soon after. If this is a mild warming like those, we could be trying to prevent the world from freezing over within the next 200 years. Then, there will be someone yelling at us that we produced so few greenhouse gasses that the Earth froze.
Yet on those same charts you would view just how high our current temperature has risen compared to those before an ice age, there shan't be an ice age any time soon.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
I DEMAND that you add a "Couldn't be asked to read your wall of text" Option to your poll, good day. Sir!

Failing that I went for the "I'm somewhere in between..." Option.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Here's the way I see it:

If global warming is real, the human race as we know it is doomed. However, we already knew that. Everything dies eventually, we may as well go out via the ice caps melting.

If global warming is not real, oh well, that takes away some of the fun. We can't have live reenactments of Water World :(.

Is it just me, or does it seem to anyone else that it really does not matter whether global warming is true or not? We're all gonna die eventually, why worry about how?

WeedWorm

Nov 23, 2008
Hunde Des Krieg said:
Who fucking cares? The world isn't some static paradise designed for humans to play around in. The earth does what it does and everything on it is along for the ride. all living things affect it and are affected by it. Adapt or die.
George Carlin fan by any chance?