The Biggest Hoax Of All Time?

TheLivingDaylights

Mar 31, 2009
Okay Escapists, I'm going to sit you all down for a little chat about something called the Terra-Thermal Cycle. I'm sorry? Does that not ring any bells? Fine, I'll refer to it by the term fear-mongering slugs use. Global Warming. I have tolerated it for a little bit, but at this point I've had enough! For all reading this, the lie ends here!

Now, I'm not denying the Earth is getting warmer. Neither am I saying that pollution has had no effect on the planet. But saying that carbon dioxide is somehow directly causing the Earth's increased temperature is total bullshit. You see, this concept was invented by shadowy money-grubbers such as Al Gore. To people like him, the environment is so destroyed that the only possible solution is to reinvent one of Earth's most ancient and natural cycles into a doomsday clock. Not only that, but if they had their way, a vital resource to all animals would be essentially wiped out. They have demonized carbon dioxide, calling it a menace. By looking at things logically, one would find that if everyone and everything were carbon-neutral, life would suffocate. With neutrality, plants don't give back enough oxygen to equal the amount you use.

If we are causing the global warming, then global warming activists have another thing to explain. Why is it that there have been six occurrences of even more extreme versions of our global warming occur ed before man walked the Earth? Greenhouse gas is what keeps the earth from freezing over like mars. The whole process is cyclical, and here's the kicker...Every "condition" of any part of the world is the same. Few people know this, but roughly 5,000 Years ago, the Sahara desert was a jungle-like expanse of rain forest. Around 3,000 B.C. though, the Earth's rotation wobbled somewhere around 1.100479582 degrees, turning the entire place into a desert.

The craziest part of it all is, the data from two of the past global heating cycles showed that an Ice Age followed very soon after. If this is a mild warming like those, we could be trying to prevent the world from freezing over within the next 200 years. Then, there will be someone yelling at us that we produced so few greenhouse gasses that the Earth froze.

The point I'm trying to make here is that nearly everything that happens is cyclical, and quite frankly, our control over these cycles is next to nothing. My advice? Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show. Besides, look at the odds! An asteroid that would have wiped out the human race passed between the Earth and the Moon. A German woman accidentally given the Ebola virus nearly took a trip to Canada. Half the countries in the Middle East are building nuclear weapons. Something is bound to get us before the Earth catches on fire...

If you are still reading, you made it through my evil wall of text, and I congratulate you. Now, you are able to make an educated opinion of this subject, and post/vote on what you think!

-
Kade

TheLivingDaylights

Mar 31, 2009
Hmm...It Appears That Some People Disagree...Care To Post Facts and Evidence Supporting Your Claim, Or Is This A "Ding-Dong Ditch" situation?

cuddly_tomato

Nov 12, 2008
The Sahara WAS a jungle just 5000 years ago. A mere single degree of Celcius temperate difference was enough to turn it into a desert.

Human polution is changing the climate by that much per century, and accelerating it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f4/Instrumental_Temperature_Record.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bc/2000_Jahre_Temperaturen-Vergleich.png

The biggest hoax are the governments who, rather than actually do make economic sacrifices for the sake of the environment, have managed to pull the wool over the eyes of supposedly educated people.

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
cuddly_tomato said:
The Sahara WAS a jungle just 5000 years ago. A mere single degree of Celcius temperate difference was enough to turn it into a desert.

Human polution is changing the climate by that much per century, and accelerating it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f4/Instrumental_Temperature_Record.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bc/2000_Jahre_Temperaturen-Vergleich.png

The biggest hoax are the governments who, rather than actually do make economic sacrifices for the sake of the environment, have managed to pull the wool over the eyes of supposedly educated people.
I like you ^^.

TheLivingDaylights

Mar 31, 2009
Incorrect, the temperature was changed, but that was by the Earth's rotation and the new amount of sun exposure, not the temperature alone. You are twisting words, my friend.

Fairee

Mar 25, 2009
Erm, slightly confused as this is completely against everything I've ever heard on the subject....

Let me get rid of The Blonde and try again....

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
I agree mostly with your statements. The earth is on a cycle, and the earth is technically "rebounding" from the last ice age around 12,000 years ago. It was cold, it gets warmer, thats how she rolls. However, it is hard to dismiss Carbon dioxide as a culprit of warming entirely, as it is adding to the extra heat, but not significantly. The decomposition of organic matter adds more CO2 to the atmosphere than all the cars on the planet running at the same time, so obviously the anthropogenic effects are minimal at best.

There is always something that generates a lot of interest in the world, right now it happens to be climate change. But most people that go "green" don't know the basics behind it to begin with. Methane is a higher cause of greenhouse gasses, just not in the abundance of CO2, yet it does more damage. Want to get rid of methane, then you will have to kill off half of the planets population, because it is emitted from our main food sources, rice, sheep, and cattle.

While I don't think global warming is the problem most people have made it out to be, I feel there are still good things coming from it. With emissions being monitored, there is less pollutants contaminating water or habitats that could destroy a species viability, so if that is the result of people over-emphasizing global warming, I can live with it.

Svizzara

Mar 18, 2009
The whole process is cyclical
Okay, but how do you know that humans are not speeding up the cycle and pushing this cycle to extremes (i.e. the previous maximum temperature in this cycle used to be 30 degrees Celsius, and now it's 35 degrees Celsius)?

freezing over like mars
Mars is not frozen over.

Why is it that there have been six occurrences of even more extreme versions of our global warming occur ed before man walked the Earth?
The heating that we are currently experiencing is not finished yet. How can you say that these other "six occurrences" are "even more extreme" than what we're in right now, when we're not even done!

Something is bound to get us before the Earth catches on fire...
The one thing I agree with you on.

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
cuddly_tomato said:

and don't quote wikipedia as fact too often, that will come back and bite you in the ass more often than not.

Hunde Des Krieg

Sep 30, 2008
Who fucking cares? The world isn't some static paradise designed for humans to play around in. The earth does what it does and everything on it is along for the ride. all living things affect it and are affected by it. Adapt or die.

TheLivingDaylights

Mar 31, 2009
Mars may not be frozen over, but when it had an atmosphere, it had at least an abundance of oceans and rivers. Life? Not so sure, but you get my point.

ThePoodonkis

Apr 22, 2008
cuddly_tomato said:

5,000 Poodonkis Points to you, sir.

EDIT:
Svizzara said:
The whole process is cyclical
Okay, but how do you know that humans are not speeding up the cycle and pushing this cycle to extremes (i.e. the previous maximum temperature in this cycle used to be 30 degrees Celsius, and now it's 35 degrees Celsius)?

freezing over like mars
Mars is not frozen over.

Why is it that there have been six occurrences of even more extreme versions of our global warming occur ed before man walked the Earth?
The heating that we are currently experiencing is not finished yet. How can you say that these other "six occurrences" are "even more extreme" than what we're in right now, when we're not even done!

Something is bound to get us before the Earth catches on fire...
The one thing I agree with you on.
And 10,000 to you.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
Don't worry about ice caps, worry about MY Ion Cannon! It works faster.

Seriously, Global Warming is a fear-mongers hoax. Al Gore is as bad as a tabloid for stoking this fear up.

MaraN88

Jan 14, 2008
The Global warming debate has become as hot as Israel/Palestine. I'm not touching either one.

TheLivingDaylights

Mar 31, 2009
Okay, you want to twist words? I can play that game. *ahem* (Al Gore voice impression) "As a matter of fact, the Dinosaurs were wiped out by greenhouse gasses. They built up so much that the Earth was superheated and then the dust from the superheat blocked out the sun!"

See what I did there? I failed to mention the meteor...

DrX_1030

Dec 7, 2008
K first of all talk to a biology professor or anyone who is actually well versed in the facts and they will tell u why you should fear global warming.

The reason global warming will change the world is 2 fold
1) we are causing an accelerated version of it which will not give animals the chance to adapt and survive.

2) the last time a major global change happened like the one we are heading into 95% of all life on earth died. This is counting bacteria, archea. Almost everything living died. Which im wanting to say will cause alot of people to die maybe 95% of all humans.(that actually maybe a good selling point on global warming)

But on the brightside the wars that massive droughts and famine will bring about will probably have killed you before you have a chance to break a sweat so enjoy