The Biggest Hoax Of All Time?

wgreer25

Good news everyone!
Jun 9, 2008
super_smash_jesus said:
I agree mostly with your statements. The earth is on a cycle, and the earth is technically "rebounding" from the last ice age around 12,000 years ago. It was cold, it gets warmer, thats how she rolls. However, it is hard to dismiss Carbon dioxide as a culprit of warming entirely, as it is adding to the extra heat, but not significantly. The decomposition of organic matter adds more CO2 to the atmosphere than all the cars on the planet running at the same time, so obviously the anthropogenic effects are minimal at best.

There is always something that generates a lot of interest in the world, right now it happens to be climate change. But most people that go "green" don't know the basics behind it to begin with. Methane is a higher cause of greenhouse gasses, just not in the abundance of CO2, yet it does more damage. Want to get rid of methane, then you will have to kill off half of the planets population, because it is emitted from our main food sources, rice, sheep, and cattle.

While I don't think global warming is the problem most people have made it out to be, I feel there are still good things coming from it. With emissions being monitored, there is less pollutants contaminating water or habitats that could destroy a species viability, so if that is the result of people over-emphasizing global warming, I can live with it.
Very well said. Humans being the cause of Global warming is crap, but some very good things have come from that lie. There are actually projections that think that the cooling cycle may already be starting. Iceland and some parts of Canada reported record low's this year. The ice burgs in Antarctica are growing, not melting.

Do any of you remember the Ozone layer hoax. The government was yelling, "there's a hole in the ozone, we have to act". What they didn't tell you was that the hole in the ozone over the poles has ALWAYS been there, we just discovered it and assumed it was a problem. The refraction of light (you need UV light to make ozone) over the poles does not allow for ozone to be produced there. When was the last time you heard them bitchin' about the hole? They stopped because they found a better hoax to lull people into fear.

pyrojam321moo

Mar 28, 2009
As for my two cents, Global Warming is real, but it seems to be used as a political fear tool for the ignorant masses.

Richard Lindzen, Professor of Meteorology at the highly esteemed MIT, states in his many papers and books that Global Warming is more than likely going to stabilize the planet's weather systems. He also is under the belief that weather models which cannot predict 70% accurate weather within a week cannot predict anything NEAR that within years. His Iris hypothesis is but one of the many arguments on both sides of the debate, but one coming from a man with a Harvard Ph.D. Doubt him if you will, but I find that if one of the teachers of some of the greatest scientific minds states something about a scientific conundrum, I'd rather follow him than a man with charts from unnamed sources.

zombiekitten

Jan 20, 2009
We think we are so grande that we can directly affect the cyclical existence of this planet.
I'd say we are most probably accelerating the issue of Global Warming, but eventually we will be at the mercy of the cycles end game. America will not be the the America we know, but we will have to wait and see. We have the privilege of living in a Globally peaceful time, but there are signs of turbulence ahead.
We believe ina merciful God, but most older Cultures beleived in vengeful Gods. This can be directly related to the volatile climate conditions surrounding them. We are a small and insignificant people when speaking of the grandeur and scope of this planet.

Superlordbasil

Feb 23, 2009
Regardless the truth behind green house gases we need to stop using carbon based products simply because they will run out and lead to the other more human caused i.e. war reasons for our destruction.

Grubnar

Aug 25, 2008
cuddly_tomato said:
TheLivingDaylights said:
Say a bad thing about Fox news and I'll kill you. They are the only ones who report stories like this because they have no agenda other than the truth. NBC funds smear campaigns.

Well at least we now know why your information is laughably inaccurate.
Aww ... damn you tomato, I was just about to say that.

Anyone who gets their "truth" from watching FOX NEWS is too stupid to have an oppinion.

Grubnar

Aug 25, 2008
wgreer25 said:
Do any of you remember the Ozone layer hoax. The government was yelling, "there's a hole in the ozone, we have to act". What they didn't tell you was that the hole in the ozone over the poles has ALWAYS been there, we just discovered it and assumed it was a problem. The refraction of light (you need UV light to make ozone) over the poles does not allow for ozone to be produced there. When was the last time you heard them bitchin' about the hole? They stopped because they found a better hoax to lull people into fear.
Hmm, well that last time I remember anyone "bitchin" about the hole in the ozone layer was because of the incresed death from skin cancer in Australia.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
TheLivingDaylights said:
Tomato, you know what's funny? About five different people, including xitel, who is apparently important around here, PM'd me warning you were stubbor and a flamer...
I did no such thing. I have not once PMd you about anything, and in fact AGREE with Tomato on a lot of points. Using my name in a blatant lie like this is offensive, in many senses of the term. Because that is what this is. A LIE. I never PMd you saying Tomato is a flamer, and in fact before I was linked to this post I had no idea you even existed. I don't care what you want to say, but using my name as a lie to insult someone is repulsive.

Syphonz

Aug 22, 2008
You know, I can't help but notice some of the OPs paragraphs are ripped word for word from George Carlin's Global Warming speech.

cuddly_tomato

Nov 12, 2008
xitel said:
TheLivingDaylights said:
Tomato, you know what's funny? About five different people, including xitel, who is apparently important around here, PM'd me warning you were stubbor and a flamer...
I did no such thing. I have not once PMd you about anything, and in fact AGREE with Tomato on a lot of points. Using my name in a blatant lie like this is offensive, in many senses of the term. Because that is what this is. A LIE. I never PMd you saying Tomato is a flamer, and in fact before I was linked to this post I had no idea you even existed. I don't care what you want to say, but using my name as a lie to insult someone is repulsive.
No no no.

It's a hoax, one of the biggest of all time.

bindox

Mar 19, 2009
You are correct sir! A cigar for you!

Fact: The giant ant hills in Africa put more methane into the atmosphere in one year than ANY country does in 5 years.

Fact: All the temperature data the so-called scientists use to support the global warming BS is taken out of context because they never show the places that COOL DOWN by the same or greater margin. They also use the fact that there was NO ACCURATE DATA collected very far back.

There is a video floating around from a HUGE panel of scientists in UK that debunks the entire global warming THEORY. It is over 2 hours long and is quite eye opening.

Al Gore is one of the biggest liars and hoaxers in the history of mankind. You realize this if you look into all his "data" and "facts". But you have to look with an unbiased, scientific eye.

cuddly_tomato

Nov 12, 2008
TheLivingDaylights said:
But ANYWAY, back onto the topic of global warming. I'll make a FoxNews thread later. The point is, you are pulling numbers, stats, and charts out of you ass, and the worst part is, the people who made them pulled them out of their asses.
The stats and charts I "pulled out of my ass" are actually compiled from data that is freely available and was gained after study and analysis by bodies such as NASA. Myself and others have posted numerous evidence and links to various things that demonstrate that the earths atmosphere, oceans and surface are becoming more energetic.

You haven't really brought anything to the 'discussion' beyond your own opinions.

Delicious

Jan 22, 2009
Grubnar said:
cuddly_tomato said:
TheLivingDaylights said:
Say a bad thing about Fox news and I'll kill you. They are the only ones who report stories like this because they have no agenda other than the truth. NBC funds smear campaigns.

Well at least we now know why your information is laughably inaccurate.
Aww ... damn you tomato, I was just about to say that.

Anyone who gets their "truth" from watching FOX NEWS is too stupid to have an oppinion.
Too stupid to have an opinion?

I don't think that is possible.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
TheLivingDaylights said:
Opinions are what a discussion is about
True, but I find it amusing that you consider it an off-topic flame war and an out-of-hand topic when it's still very much on-topic.

On the topic of you being incorrect. Disagreement is not flame.

Saying "You're wrong because you're a poopyhead." is flaming.

*EDIT*

Missed the part about the typo.

fat american

Apr 2, 2008
Mars is frozen over. It's just red so it looks warm. It gets REALLY cold on there I think somewhere below -100. That's not quoted fact or anything just something I vaguely remember.