I am Alive
Dull, Boring and Broken

Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Dull, Boring and Repetative

Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock
Dull, Boring and Infuriating

Tdoodle

Sep 16, 2012
Halo 4. Didn't think much of the story, enemies, weapons, vehicles, sound effects or music.

Cortana was quality though. No idea what they're going to do without her

Jdb

May 26, 2010
Hawken. The Hawken now is nothing like the Hawken in the original videos. Hawken then was a fast mech-flavored arena shooter. Hawken now is slow. Really slow. Baby's first FPS slow. To compensate, the developers want a huge amount of customization options to mix up encounters. However, this doesn't change the fact of the game being so slow it's still very easy to see how a battle will resolve. This predictability makes the game extremely boring.

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
I don't want to sound controversial but Far Cry 3. Reviews made it sound awesome and although it was good, it was nothing like what I'd been expecting due to the amazing reviews it got. Still not my worst game of the year (BO2) but a disappointment.
Actually, it was quite a good game... but because of the reviews I was expecting something groundbreaking.

Uriain

Apr 8, 2010
I picked up 25-30 games this year, and I have to honestly say my biggest "meh" was Black Ops II.

Now, before I get flamed for that, my reasoning is thus. I enjoy Black Ops II, I disliked Black Ops I, and Modern Warfare 3 as I found them to be sub-par games, but after looking into BOII and getting some early hands on time with it, I was actually pretty happy to play it (Multiplayer). So I stepped into it, and started playing... then turned it off a couple of hours later.

I found that even with new (mostly good) maps, intuitive and fun create a class, and still a swift arcady shooter style that Call of Duty has become (and I like) the game was not holding my interest.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I'm gonna say the 2 New Super Mario Bros. Games that came out this year: 2 for the 3DS and U For the WiiU. I love the Mario games, but these were kind of boring, especially compared to last year's Really amazing Super Mario 3D Land (Which I consider the 2nd Best 3D Mario Platformer released).

I bet the next Mario game will be really good though.

Raika

Jul 31, 2011
The most dispassionate, hollow experience I had this year was with Borderlands 2. I was hoping they'd learn from how bland, uninteresting, and broken the first game was, but if hopes were soaps, I could throw them at guys at fighting game tournaments like my friends used to do.

Dishonorable mention goes to Street Fighter X Tekken. My heart sank.