The Bodily Injury Thread

s0m3th1ng

Aug 29, 2010
Chronologically...
I impaled my chin on those sharp escalator edges. Well, not impaled, flayed off most of the skin though. Was lucky I didn't sever my trachea. I was 7, my Mom freaked the fuck out. I've never bled so bad since. And now hair won't grow in that area. Since that day I have had a great aversion to escalators.
Got whacked in the head with a garden hoe.
Shattered my femur on a soccer goal post. (1 year recovery time, woot.)
Shot in the arm with a .32

That's about it.

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
I destroyed half my face once on an electrical box and the fence surrounding it while skiing on some mountain.

Post to that I had my tear duct fail (post ski-surgeries) and had a needle stabbed in the staff infection around the tear duct without numbing for half a minute. That was by far the ugliest pain I've gone through ever. Traumatizing.

On a lighter note, I nearly drown in quicksand. Oh, not the movie-type. The clay/mud variety. The path in the woods I thought to cross was a dried creak bed and I could not backtrack due to a sharp hill I descended before getting stuck. Was submerged up to my chest and could not move for quite some time. I ended up remembering those cartoons when I was a kid about how to get out of it, pulled my mountain bike out with some effort, and laid it on its side. After that it was a matter of pulling myself along it without losing my shoes.

They were damned good shoes.

Sadly, outside of walking a few miles home in my bare feet - through bramble and thorn bushes - I did not acquire any major bodily injuries. That is unless bruises and scapes count.

Inconspicuous Trenchcoat

Shinku Hadouken!
Nov 12, 2009
Sliced my head open on concrete steps. Needed stitches, scar is finally almost faded away.
Probably did whatever is closest to a broken foot without actually breaking it on a skateboard. Used crutches for a week and a half.
Fell hard snowboarding and couldn't un-straighten my leg for a month. Messed up my left knee as well.
That's all I can think of right now.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
My first memorable injury was when I broke my nose on the back of a teammate's head while playing volleyball at a big tournament.
And about a year ago, I broke my pinky when I hit my little brother in the head during a fight.
That's about all, really.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I've never broken a single bone but I have had a wooden spike go almost through my foot. Ow. And it got pulled out without freezing my foot.

[HEADING=2]OOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!![/HEADING]

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
I regularly have my hair and fingers/toenails horribly mutilated.

OT: I've had to have my head stapled due to a cut I received as a kid.
I also accidently cut a vein in my one pointer finger. Had to have it splinted and now I have a scare from it.

Oh yeah, I've lived a rough life.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
I fractured my toe and pinkey plus has a knife sharpening blade thrown at my head and other scars on my head that I can't explain.

Dxz5roxg

Aug 19, 2009
My top three would be third degree burn like things on my hands from a car accident, getting two staples in my head from being hit with a rock, and one of the times I sprained my ankle.

yizas

Nov 19, 2009
tore a ligament in my right knee during a judo competition, i still train but no more army for me, probably a good thing cause i suck at FPS

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
fell off a roof, landed on my face on the hard dirt, woke up a couple seconds later with no memory of the previous day and a fat gash on my forehead. no lasting damage... arg ooh goo moo ptttt

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
In a single bike wreck in my youth I had:
3 torn-off toenails (two are still malformed)
sprained ankle
a dozen puncture wounds on the back of the left calf (from the sprocket)
mild concussion
severe road rash on left leg, left arm, left shoulder, chest and back
crushed left index finger (the nail is still deformed)

My ever-protective and caring father told me to "walk it off". Bastard.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
My brother hit me in the head with a glass cup when I was five. Luckily there has been no damage brained.

I dislocated my shoulder last winter and I've broken a couple bones in my foot once. Other then that, I haven't gotten into any serious injuries.

YonderTunic

Mar 4, 2010
I was too young to remember it but I cracked my skull open my falling backwards onto a wooden fish-tank when I was two. Apparently it bled a lot and I had to get stitches.

The injuries that I can remember are:

Eye being hit with a pinecone thrown by my friend, got four shards stuck in my eye. Got to wear an eyepatch for a few weeks after surgery, and to my spelling bee. And sunglasses.
Breaking my pinky playing basketball, because I am skilled.
Broke my nose playing soccer. Wasn't that bad honestly.

That's about it.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Had my finger pierced by a bicycle cog, literally, my mother ran out and started yanking on me despite my finger being held down by the chain, my brother came to the rescue by cranking my finger out.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
I've had

A rusty nail go through my foot
The skin taken off the base of my foot
a broken wrist
a fishing hook in my hand
a broken rib

Oh and I tore a good chunk of my leg out with a scooter too

Mine feel a bit puny compared to everyone elses

Zach Steadman

May 17, 2010
Oh goody I get to recount them all...

Impaled on 2 different occasions, in 6 different places
Dislocated my jaw in a fight
Cracked 3 ribs falling
Injured spinal cord (Severely)
Stabbed in the foot(knife) and the arm(pencil) on separate occasions
Lit on Fire several times
Crushed my hand in a car door

Yay I'm a walking corpse!!!

and the worst pain of them all, I caught "it" in the zipper once... HORRIBLE.