The box.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
There is a new film called the box, you have a choice, you can press the button and receive $1 million but somebody dies.

I would have a few questions first, would I know this person? Could it be traced back to me? If I press it twice do I get $2 million?

If the guy said "No, no and yes" I would hit it twice, I got nothing to lose, I don't care about a person I have never met and I get financial security for life.

What would you do? Would you hit it? Would you refuse and forget about it? Would you try and get them arrested?

Mozared

Mar 26, 2009
I tend to be annoyed by search bar addicts, but this topic *really* is overdone. It's the fourth time in a week or two I've seen it around. So, "use the search bar!!1!!! ZOMG!!1!".

As for the topic at hand - no, I probably wouldn't.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Lord Veracity said:
Julianking93 said:
If you read the story and followed that ending, no, you wouldn't push it.
exactly
I think it's only just come out over here, I just think it's an interesting question. I got the general idea from the movie and didn't think the story they built around it mattered.

Mozared said:
I tend to be annoyed by search bar addicts, but this topic *really* is overdone. It's the fourth time in a week or two I've seen it around. So, "use the search bar!!1!!! ZOMG!!1!".

As for the topic at hand - no, I probably wouldn't.
Well I spend most of the day looking at off topic and Gaming Discussion and I have never seen it, I typed in "the box" in search forums link under community and forums and found nothing (in fact it won't even find this thread, oh dear)

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
As I answered the last time, No I would not push the button and then I would go on to destroy it. Who's to say that the next person to push it doesn't kill me?

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
RossyB said:
As I answered the last time, No I would not push the button and then I would go on to destroy it. Who's to say that the next person to push it doesn't kill me?
There are about 6.8 billion people, whats one less?

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
omega 616 said:
RossyB said:
I'm a pacifist. Even if it's someone on the other side of the world, I wouldn't like it.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
RossyB said:
omega 616 said:
RossyB said:
I'm a pacifist. Even if it's someone on the other side of the world, I wouldn't like it.
People you don't know get murdered everyday you might aswell make alot of cash out of it.

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
omega 616 said:
RossyB said:
or more to the point, what are the odds that it will be you who dies.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
I wouldn't press the button.

I have no need for $1 million, and I don't like death of other people.

Easykill

Sep 13, 2007
I wouldn't do it. No matter how small the chance, I wouldn't risk hurting anyone I care about. If they were exempt however, I would probably do it. The world needs fewer people, and a million dollars can do a fair bit of good. It's a gamble, and would make me a murderer, but I think in the end I would make that choice.

I would never press it and keep the money.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
ma55ter_fett said:
omega 616 said:
RossyB said:
or more to the point, what are the odds that it will be you who dies.
Wouldn't be much point giving you the cash then ...

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
omega 616 said:
RossyB said:
omega 616 said:
RossyB said:
People you don't know get murdered everyday you might aswell make alot of cash out of it.
Yea, but I'm not the one doing it. It wouldn't feel right profiting from the death of someone else. Call me dull or a pansy, that's just who I am.