Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
The Circle - You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Read Full Article

kurokotetsu

Proud Master
Sep 17, 2008
Sad to see you leave, your constat movie reviews where a great source of content and you were very well articulated in your opinions.

But please, turn off the autoplay back music, it is annoying as hell when trying to read something.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Wow. I've largely been ignoring this movie and I'm glad I am. It sounds like a chore to watch. Too bad, though. This movie has some talent behind it.

Sorry this had to be your last review, Marter. Would have been nice to go out with a bang and an actually good movie.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
You will be missed around here, so sorry to see you going.

What a terrible movie to go out upon too! I read that it is the worst money maker in its opening in Tom Hanks career. Maybe the viewing public does have some taste. Nah. Just not finding a target audience.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Well dang, you were one of the reasons I still visited this site. Hopefully you'll find a spot soon, I'd love to keep reading your reviews.

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
Ah so sad to see you leave! Reading your reviews quickly became my favorite thing on this site, I hope for the best with your future endeavors!

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
The movie is bad because the book is bad. It's a half-assed novel that can't decide if it wants to be a love story, a dystopian one or a coming of age. Only to name a few.

The fact that it sold well enough and has even made a movie just gives more weight to the old, documented but forgotten, tale of the book industry and it's shady business practices.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I don't remember seeing a single trailer for this movie, but then again, I probably was saved in that regard.

It doesn't even remotely look interesting and it sounds pretty damn boring from the description despite some really good actors attached to the movie.

Sad to see you go though, and you will be missed around these parts.

Good luck dude!

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Your reviews were a treat- I didn't always agree with you, but you provided food for thought, and your critiques came off as well thought out- a good balance of passion and analysis.

Kudos!

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Sad to see you go.

This sites slow march towards death keeps moving forward.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Good luck Marter, your reviews were one of the few things I bothered with on this site anymore.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Every time I saw a trailer for this movie I couldn't help but think "Man...Emma Watson is really doing a magnificent Kristen Stewart impression..."

And that's not a thing you want to be doing.

Anyways, take care Marter. Best of luck to you out there.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009

You were my first memorable friend on this site and you'll be the last memorable movie columnist. Goes without saying I'm going to miss you and your reviews here. I hope the money you made went where it needed to and that you'll use your body of work like the professional you are. Goodbye my friend.

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
I often disagree with you on your movie ratings but I do feel sad that the last bunch of movies you reviewed for us were all a load of shite, have it good mate

TheScorpion

Feb 24, 2016
Well, Its sad to see you go Mr.Parkinson!

But can I please get the option to turn off the autoplay?

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Farewell, and thanks for all the fish. I mean, reviews. Although once again I wish you'd reviewed a different movie first, lol.

EDIT: So apparently Critical Miss is ending tomorrow and Erin Dies Alone won't be here anymore? I guess it's time to once again rebrand this site as The Escaping!

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
What, why?

Were you only contracted to make so many? Is the Escapist just going for another round of layoffs? Or are you just sick of all their crap?

Pyrian said:
Farewell, and thanks for all the fish. I mean, reviews. Although once again I wish you'd reviewed a different movie first, lol.

EDIT: So apparently Critical Miss is ending tomorrow and Erin Dies Alone won't be here anymore? I guess it's time to once again rebrand this site as The Escaping!
Really? Where did you hear that?

I guess that's all of the Escapist's home grown content gone now. That actually makes me pretty sad :( There's something special about content producers found among the ranks of the community.

So what is left on the Escapist? Yahtzee, Garwulf's Corner, and a couple news articles? Is that really all that's left?
*sigh*

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US