The "Complain About Minor Inconveniences" Topic

ParadiseOnceLost

Jan 26, 2010
Today I noticed some fluid dripping from the bottom of my car and I am not sure If I can drive it without the car careening out of control and into on-coming traffic.

Tomorrow I have a test worth 50% of my grade and I can't seem to be able to study.

I have no money.

I have to walk my dog every day in scorching heat

I think that is all for now.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
DJjaffacake said:

Dang it, first the right headphone died, then the other one cut out. I mean, it's not like I melted two creme eggs all over them...
I know, it feels like I barely had these ones three weeks.

Attention whorish/pointlessly depressing/attention whorish pointlessly depressing Facebook statuses.

I mean seriously, I don't give a shit about your "deep" pop/rap/metal lyrics. And when someone posts something that sounds like they're having a relationship problem, like someone cheating on them and it just turns out to be that god-awful of a song that there's no lyrical flow and you can't even tell they're lyrics, so I genuinely get confused as to whether someone's cheated on someone or not. At least once a fucking week, I swear. And then there's the passive aggressive to nobody in particular (but they know who they are, grrr!) statuses. And then there are the grieving ones. I mean, really.

I can't help but feel that posting about it on facebook is a bit rude to the recently deceased. Grief is supposed to be a very private and personal thing and there you go throwing it out there. And for what? Likes? A few meaningless "oh, I hope you're okay"s? It's fucking disgusting is what it is. Invariably the people who do this are the ones who see tabloids breaking open every little secret of celebrity's lives, and see celebrities do things that are surely just to get attention, and think they'd like to do that.

If any of my family or close friends post about my death on Facebook when the time comes, I've got some serious haunting to do. I hope I can backhand people as a ghost.

Also, my sleeping patterns! The holidays have messed them up!

The Mighty Stove

Apr 16, 2012
I loathe most ankle biter sized dogs...if you can call them dogs that is. But of all my rage and hate of any animal doesn't compare to the Chihuahua...
The most ANNOYING animal to ever exist. It barks at everything, it's scared of everything, and it's just a terrible DOG. Hell it's not a dog even! It's scared of the wind! WHY ARE THEY A THING?!

Also, groups of people who stand in the middle of a hallway. Move to the side or I will shove my way through you.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Clearing the Eye said:
Esotera said:
I thought I was getting a lift to move into my new house, but it turns out I'm not. So I have to go by train with all my possessions, which probably means two trips with some very heavy bags.

I also really hate people who have never been to the countryside/farms and actively don't want to go. If you're over 18, you should probably have seen a sheep/cow in person by now, but there are still loads of people out there who haven't.
Why do you hate people who haven't seen a cow? That seems exceedingly inane. I'm a vegetarian and I've been to a few farms and slaughterhouses, so I'd like more people to visit these places for the sake of a reality check. But to say you hate people who haven't seen a certain mammal in person? Realistically, simply going to a farm won't provide you nor the visitor anything substantial. It's certainly not grounds to hate someone--or even be angry with them.

It seems largely rhetorical to me; one of those things people say, based on misguided ideals and fantastical principals that doesn't actually hold any weight in reality. Like encouraging "city folk" to go to a farm will be good for them. Life doesn't work that way.
The actively resisting part is sort of key there. I've met people who think that because they haven't been to the countryside properly that they're somehow unique/special from everyone else, when in reality they're just refusing to experience a new thing for no good reason. I wouldn't care so much if this didn't become an issue of politics, and people who have never visited the countryside attempt to apply city tactics to a rural police force/health system.

Clearing the Eye said:
Twilight_guy said:
Grammar Nazis who quote you just to correct you. Its a minor annoyance, since you can ignore them after all, but it's irritating. (In before people doing just that to this post as a lame predictable joke).
You can't create a sentence with parentheses.
It's gramatically fine to make a complete sentence within parentheses, as long as there's something else in the paragraph that isn't bracketed. The full-stop has to be inside the parentheses, but this could quite easily be a typo, your post was entirely uncalled for and doesn't add anything to the thread.

Donnie Restad

Oct 9, 2011
Well, I'm seventeen and my parents are trying to get me to learn how to drive. I see it as nothing but a waste of money and a severe source of stress - all of my family can drive, and they are perfectly normal, considerate individuals. That is, until they get behind the wheel of a car. From what I've seen, pretty much everybody is a complete asshole when they're driving. I don't use that to judge anyone, but I absolutely hate the concept of me doing the same thing.
So, I've deflected any thoughts on driving classes or getting permits until I'm well out of their reach. The way I see it, even if I do get a permit now, I won't have a licence in time for it to do them any good, since I'll be in college and out of their hair (or so I hope.)...

Wow... You never know just how much of an entitled brat you are until you just read your problems out loud. I just heard this in my head:

MY PARENTS WANT ME TO DRIVE BUT I DON'T WANT TO! THEY'RE TIRED OF DRAGGING MY ASS ALL OVER THE PLACE AND WANT ME TO CARRY MY OWN GODDAMN WEIGHT SOMEDAY!
BUT I WON'T BECAUSE I'M SO MUCH SMARTER THAN THE SYSTEM AND WAAA WAA WAAAA.

.........Maybe this thread has made me a better person?

Flizzick

Jun 29, 2011
Well, it's hot during the day. WAY too fucking hot. Like consistently 100 degrees Fahrenheit for the past two weeks.

My car broke down and I can't go anywhere.

I can't sleep at night and feel like shit everyday.

My internet can't make up its mind whether or not I'm connected.

Moths. Too many moths.

Captcha: high time. You know, you're right captcha. It's high time these annoyances ended once and for all.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Esotera said:
It's gramatically fine to make a complete sentence within parentheses, as long as there's something else in the paragraph that isn't bracketed. The full-stop has to be inside the parentheses, but this could quite easily be a typo, your post was entirely uncalled for and doesn't add anything to the thread.
No, you can't. Parentheses indicate information not considered by the author to be of certain importance, but enough to warrant mention. A sentence, conversely, contains information the writer considers vital. To start and contain and entire sentence within brackets is therefore a contradiction and one or the other is redundant.

Example of correct grammar: "My wife likes that movie. I've never been a fan, really (I don't like any movies directed by him)."

Example of incorrect grammar: "My wife likes that movie. I've never been a fan, really. (I don't like any movies directed by him.)

The comment was a lighthearted joke. A joke other users have since enjoyed. That you failed to be a part of it is your own doing, not mine.

Girl With One Eye

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Jun 2, 2010
Why is the air con at work stuck on south pole mode ???

I'M FREEZING MY ASS OFF OVER HERE !

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Clearing the Eye said:
No, you can't. Parentheses indicate information not considered by the author to be of certain importance, but enough to warrant mention. A sentence, conversely, contains information the writer considers vital. To start and contain and entire sentence within brackets is therefore a contradiction and one or the other is redundant.

Example of correct grammar: "My wife likes that movie. I've never been a fan, really (I don't like any movies directed by him)."

Example of incorrect grammar: "My wife likes that movie. I've never been a fan, really. (I don't like any movies directed by him.)

The comment was a lighthearted joke. A joke other users have since enjoyed. That you failed to be a part of it is your own doing, not mine.
Here are at least two sources off the first few hits on google that explicitly state that complete sentences in parentheses are finehttp://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/parentheses.htmhttp://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/parentheses-brackets-and-braces.aspx (the second one is a bit less legit), and I know for a fact that David Crystal's Rediscover Grammar will also back this up.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Esotera said:
Clearing the Eye said:

Here are at least two sources off the first few hits on google that explicitly state that complete sentences in parentheses are finehttp://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/parentheses.htmhttp://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/parentheses-brackets-and-braces.aspx (the second one is a bit less legit), and I know for a fact that David Crystal's Rediscover Grammar will also back this up.
Your own source suggests not to do it--it's simply bad grammar.

"If the material is important enough, use some other means of including it within your text-even if it means writing another sentence."

It's simple: if it's import enough to constitute a sentence, it's too important for parentheses.

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
#FirstWorldProblems?

• Hmm...Why do people feel the need to drive the speed limit in the Left Lane? Seriously, unless you're going +10, you should be in the right lanes.

How come you can't seem to find a Car Wash when you need one?

Can't parents supervise their children? I don't want them running around me. If I could hit them, I would.

What in the hell is with people's problem when they see flashing lights, or an accident? You only need to reduce by 20 MPH in the lane of the accident and next to it, and 10 MPH in other lanes.

Okay, these changing Speed Limit signs on I-4 are dumb. I mean, really dumb. Everyone goes 60 MPH, regardless of the signs.

If you're in the merge lane, you don't have the right-of-way. If you hit me, I sue you. You're lucky that I'm a nice guy and decide to just slow down.

The hot tub is the tub for adults where they can relax. It isn't a small pool for the kiddies.

If your idiot child can't hold its bladder and arsehole, force the kid to wear a diaper. I don't care how old your kid is. If he/she wants to stop wearing diapers in the pool, tell them that they have to learn to hold their bladder/arsehole while in the pool.

Why are we stuck on the stigma that servers need to come down, regardless of a patch, on Tuesday? I'm a developer and I can think of so many ways of keeping servers up except for days in which you need to patch (one of which we have implemented at my current work). It just seems lazy that developers don't come up with rolling deployment methods.

I know why my Prius activates its motor (its heating up the Catalytic Converter), but its just annoying that it has to be on the first 15-60 seconds of my drive. It kills my MPG.
    Why did my old employer feel the need to put in so many speed bumps in the parking garage?

I wish my Satellite Radio worked underneath any kind of overhang or tree.

If you don't know what you want to order, don't get in the @#%@ing line! Seriously, I think of what I want to order once I know where I'm going.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
I cannot stand people who turn right, bearing in mind that in England we drive on the left as God intended, and create traffic. Oh GOD and people who slow down or stop to LET THE BUGGERS IN! There I sit in my tin box screaming at them that they're NOT REAL PEOPLE, they're fucktards who haven't got anywhere to be, they're just milling about for a laugh! RAWWWRRGH!
Esotera said:
I thought I was getting a lift to move into my new house, but it turns out I'm not. So I have to go by train with all my possessions, which probably means two trips with some very heavy bags.

I also really hate people who have never been to the countryside/farms and actively don't want to go. If you're over 18, you should probably have seen a sheep/cow in person by now, but there are still loads of people out there who haven't.
Oh God, why? Nature is horrible! Farms particularly so as all the animals are stupid, there's shit everywhere and the place is infested with farmers.

We should concrete over everything and put all the animals in cages.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Steam Sale, Y U NO STARTED YET?
It's too sunny normally - have to carry a water bottle every time I run.
My hair is all tangled :<

DeManix

Jun 7, 2010
That I have to spend what little money I have on fancy clothing for a dinner, which I'm only gonna wear once, instead of on, y'know, moar videogames.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
Anyone who says thank you or goodbye more than once. Unless they mean it.

Anyone who asks "How's it going?", unless they really want to know.

splayfoot1

Mar 9, 2012
So after a long ass night shift, I decide to grab some mcdonalds on the way home, because I cant be bothered cooking an actual meal. I get home to discover that my chicken burger has been made with a beef patty instead of chicken... WTF IS THIS?!?!?!?

My life as I know it is over, or maybe I don't actually care, it's hard to tell.

And I ate it anyway, in case you were wondering.

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
People who press the stop button on the bus just as its pulling away from the previous bus stop.

Also old people and young people in general.... and most middle aged people.