The coolest apocalypse?

Cekil1

Aug 22, 2008
popdafoo said:
Pm0n3y said:
That's not how it happened in Knowing...

I want a situation like Fallout 3. Impossible, yes, but it is also extremely interesting.
Darn, you beat me to it. As horrific as the Fallout universe is, it would probably be the most interesting.

whycantibelinus

Sep 29, 2009
Island said:
whycantibelinus said:
Island said:
whycantibelinus said:
I think the society in A Boy and His Dog is a freaking sweet apocalypse.
that movie was awesome did you know originally it was a short story.
No I did not, what's it called?
its still called A Boy and His Dog and it was written by the science fiction author named Harlan Ellison. the story is in one of his short story collections, but i cant remember what the collection was called.
I see. I shall use the magics of the interwebs to find out and I'm going to read it, thanks man. :)

the_dancy_vagrant

Apr 21, 2009
Xandus117 said:
I'm surprised that nobody has said Ragnarok yet.
Bingo. The Fenris wolf will devour first the sun and then the moon. Three winters will fall in a row and brother will fight against brother, son against father. The gods will be vanquished and the earth cleansed in fire.

Then later things cool down, the lands return, and the gods return from Hel to reforge the world. It's like the standard biblical apocalypse but without the whole 'and everyone is partying in heaven or condemned to fiery damnation, forever and ever'.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Screw zombies! I want a DRAGON apocalypse!

(And not a crummy one like in "Reign of Fire"!)

NintenTim64

May 22, 2009
A zombie apocolypse with plenty of AK-47's and other such weapons, plus plenty of ammunition lying around. BOO-YAH!

linchowlewy

Nov 27, 2008
LSD apocalypse.

80% of humanity begins to permanently feel the effects of being high on LSD. being high becomes a blood transmittable disease.

The effects would be devestating and it would definetly cause an apocalypse.

Anarchy In Detroit

May 26, 2008
I'd have to go with the semi-Biblical route.

All the nations of the world fight in an apocalyptic war and men turn into debased wretches, mere shadows of even their very flawed former selves! People will be killed and orgies will be held in the decaying corpses, blood, and excrement! The Devil Himself will take over the world and demons will burst forth from the ground feasting on the living! The sky will turn to fire and rain blood and and and LAVA!!!! SUCH IS THE PUNISHMENT OF THE WICKED AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! You will fear every shadow, you will never slake your thirst with pure water or taste of tasty foods (yes that's right) ever a-fucking-gain! You will breathe FIRE! Your children will be taken from you, mankind will be enslaved as twisted amusement for horrifying beasts! Some kind of Gregorian chant will always be heard over your cries of torment because it happens in movies! Many of us, in all honesty, will be summarily sodomized with various objects. Sorry but it's true! That's how demons roll dawg! Meanwhile in Africa, demons fight crocodiles and gorrillas. Man that's a fucking epic duel right there. Satan will feast on endangered animals... MEANING EVERYTHING THAT BREATHES AWWW HAW HAW HAW!

Or something like that. Oh yeah there will be lightning too. Red lightning from clouds raining BLOOD AND AXES!!! (Ahhhh!)

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Wow, it took almost a whole page for someone to mention Ragnarok.

Everything vs Everything, humans dying along the way, two of them plus some animals hide in a tree and the rest of the world is frozen solid by the Ice Giants. And I'd like to be that man hidden with the woman, the only goal would be to repopulate the Earth.

hehehe

edit: Oh, wait, that's Discworld's Apocalypse. Ragnarok was with the Fire Giants.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Pm0n3y said:
Really? That's how i remember it. Care to elaborate?
Nothing ran into the Earth, it was a huge solar flare. It basically incinerated everything. The flare wrapped around the world and burned everything.

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
The apocalypse where everybody stopped whining about 2012, who gives a crap, wow 2012, get on with your lives, if it happens it happens, don't fear it until the day we are "supposed" to die... -.-

Gawspel

Oct 1, 2009
Coolest apocalypse? That would have to be when the sun turns into a red giant. The process would cause the sun to expand to about the asteroid belt, easily ending all of our lives.

MDSnowman

Apr 8, 2004
IdealistCommi said:
I'll take a biblical apocalypes. I'd like to see what god can throw at us.
Why settle for one god when you can see what an entire Norse Pantheon their assorted immortal warriors, and giant foes can do to us? Give me Ragnarok any day, that's an apocalypse with style (and a killer heavy metal soundtrack).

hasb0045

Feb 25, 2009
Volcanoes of mushroom pudding, seas of menstral blood and razor blade wind stripping the flesh from our bones... and hampsters, way to many hampsters...thats how its gonna happen.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
Xandus117 said:
I'm surprised that nobody has said Ragnarok yet.
NINJA'D!
damn it! but yeah, Ragnarok
I want to see Thor beat the shit out of Midgardsormr, and perhaps help him a little

Aunel

May 9, 2008
TheNumber1Zero said:
The Whole "Biblical one" tends to be a good one.
Considering you get the Four Horsemen I see nothing wrong with it.

Unless you're into Zombies, in which case I would want Cyborg-Zombies.
the four horsemen are cool, although I want them to be human sized, and Kratos style being able to kill everything.

and I want them to bring legions of undead servants.

OT: yeah the demonic apoc, that would be awesome, like Hellgate london, I like the Templar guys.

Excessum

Oct 5, 2009
A ordinary genetic failure causing humans to become infertile and then age in despair till' the whole race becomes extinct. Or a giant cup falls over earth shielding it from the sun making everyone freeze to death.