The coolest apocalypse?

Twisted Zombie

Jun 7, 2009
Whether or not you die or live, what would be the coolest apocalypse to happen to our planet?

(Optional) Describe human life afterwards.

My personal favorite would have to be the always classic zombie apocalypse (see name).

Edit: You may be reading this thinking,"People dying isn't cool, therefore no apocalypses are cool". To this I say, I agree with you totally, but that is not the goddamn point. Take, for example, the The Fonz. He may now be a little cliche, but back then you didn't stop to think that jumping a shark was stupid, you thought, "Did you see that SHIT!! Fonzie is so cool". So remember, be like the Fonz and stick to the topic.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
The LHC goes on, and the planet gets sucked into a black hole as we find the higgs. Human life: null and void.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
The Whole "Biblical one" tends to be a good one.
Considering you get the Four Horsemen I see nothing wrong with it.

Unless you're into Zombies, in which case I would want Cyborg-Zombies.

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
A gigantic Fantasy Apocalypse.
All wildly popular fantasy characters turn real, including the different versions of each creature. Vampires, zombies, giants, trolls, orcs, wizards, witches... Mankind wouldn't last a day, but it would be awesome.

MaskedMori

Aug 17, 2009
Twisted Zombie said:
Edit: You may be reading this thinking,"People dying isn't cool, therefore no apocalypses are cool". To this I say, I agree with you totally, but that is not the goddamn point.
Heh, I recall this to be an annoyance in my War thread.
Anyways, I once wrote a story ending with the world being shattered from the inside, breaking the planet into diffrent slabs (Don't try to scientifically prove this to be impossible because this was a setting in which a select few had abilities that one might call "Magical") and going into orbit around the sun at diffrent distances... One major one ended up becoming a frozen wastland. ^_^ I suppose people lived diffrently due to the changed climate, but I didn't write any further than a about a couple paragraph monolog of the main antagonist describing what had happened in the end.

Viper1265

Jul 12, 2009
Robot apocalypse

human life afterwards? RL matrix, but then how can we be completely sure that it hasnt already happened 0.0

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
Zombie Apocalypse which ends with us nuking the planet trying to kill the zombies.

With the zombies alone humanity would have been gone by 2100,but with the nuclear Armageddon? 3 decades would be the longest we would be on this earth!

LockHeart

Apr 9, 2009
Zombie hordes, end of.

There's a 50-50 chance of human's surviving or becoming so much dog-food.

illboardyourlands

Oct 5, 2009
Time warp appocalypse. Where an alternate reality with better technology opens a rift between the ours and theris, bringing with them a horde of undeffeatable aliens. Probability of coming out alive: 0%

brutus3933

Aug 3, 2009
Viper1265 said:
Robot apocalypse

human life afterwards? RL matrix, but then how can we be completely sure that it hasnt already happened 0.0
This. Or possibly the one from Mortal Engines.