The Coolest Steampunk Keyboard You'll See All Day

Vuzzmop

Nov 25, 2008
Exactly how is this "steampunk"? Its cool, but the term steampunk just doesn't apply.

Easykill

Sep 13, 2007
Hmm... This reminds me of a conversation I had with Sammyfreak. It seems I was right; a line of steampunk keyboards would sell!

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
I must have this thing for my new PC. Now I know to make it steam-punk themed.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Kukul said:
This is not steampunk!

It's a normal keyboard with wood and steel instead of plastic.
The mouse was way more spectacular.
But surely, at the very core of Steampunk is the recreation of modern technology using archaic building materials? Ultimately, steampunk is an aesthetic.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
This is pretty cool, but it would be cooler if I actually knew exactly what "steampunk" was...

Walrus42

Apr 18, 2008
I dont think it's really steampunk( I only have a basic idea of what that means) but I would buy a scrabble keyboard.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
I'd rather have the Underwood replica keyboard than the Scrabble keyboard, myself (I learned to type on an Underwood manual, albeit a 20th century model) but both are cool.

-- Steve

Blank__

Oct 9, 2008
Pirce said:
LIES!

http://steampunkworkshop.com/keyboard.shtml

This is.
Yes, I was going to say the same thing because, clearly, the Scrabble-board is far lamer than the type-writer 'board.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
the monopoly guy said:
http://www.datamancer.net/keyboards/ergo1/ergo1.htm
I think this one is a little more steampunk. Made by the same person
Exactly what I was thinking. The one featured in the news story looks more like something from the 50's (it drives me crazy how a lot of people lately have been calling Fallout steampunk. It's 50's pulp adventure, not steampunk, dammit!)