The Costumes of Tokyo Game Show 2010

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
The Costumes of Tokyo Game Show 2010

The cosplayers were out at TGS 2010 in full force, and this is what they looked like.

Read Full Article

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
The gallery should have ended with the Auron one, because that was the best by far. Then it's joint second between Chun-Li and Bayonetta.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
I did a spit-take at the Airman costume.

May not look the best, but is by far the coolest. By virtue of being Airman.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
That Kingdom Hearts one is pretty much spot on! As are most of them to be fair, but that stands out because I love it so much.

One day I shall go to a convention... One day...

Calumon: I wonder who I could cosplay as?

MrDarkling

Crumpled Ball of Paper
Oct 11, 2009
I use to cringe a lot at cosplay but over the years even the average ones make me think about how much effort they put into making and pulling off the character they're trying to be.
The snake one made me chuckle; hehe bananas :p

Silk_Sk

Mar 25, 2009
Is that a woman cosplaying as Dante? If yes, creepy (but a little sexy). If not...I quit.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Wow, some of those are awesome, and extremely creepy at the same time.
I must say the Kingdom Hearts one was pretty cute, but the Aeris one nearly blew me out of my chair.

Chasmodius

Rogue Commentator
Jan 13, 2010
Doesn't the upside-down "M" on Ronald's suit indicate that he is in fact from the "WacDonald's" franchise? That ubiquitous "we don't have to pay McDonald's for the use of their logo in our anime" trope? That would make him Ronald WacDonald. And/or the bastard love-child of Ronald and V for Vendetta, what with that creepy mask...

Now, to get Airman's theme out of your head: sing this to the tune of "Banana Phone" :
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG -- Banana gun!

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
That Auron one was the best, it was just so brilliant. He just needed a large sword.

I don't know what to feel about the FFXIII one, since i like it and it seems cheesy too.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Several of these look very nice. Makes me feel bad that I'll be missing NYCC. But I'm still doing the Village's Parade, and that's all kinds of hella fun.

Come Halloween, I'll show you how New York City does cosplay ah-la the Village Halloween Parade.

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
Silk_Sk said:
Is that a woman cosplaying as Dante? If yes, creepy (but a little sexy). If not...I quit.
I'm pretty sure it's a woman (you can tell if you look closer at the band that goes across the chest). She's pretty darn good at pulling off Dante, IMO. A more girly Dante, but still.

Fortuan

Oct 14, 2008
WOOT Monster Hunter Wins! 3 costumes! 1: pic 15 could be a Rajang 2: Obvious MH Kitty pic "Felyne Chef" and 3: MH KIRIN in the background of the last pic "fan service"

Richard Pippy

Feb 17, 2010
Just like I said for the G4 TGS cosplay article, you need a better way of displaying images. I am not going to view 26 pages just to see some costumes. I know you guys need page views to pad your ad values but you can do that while still designing the site's interface to be more user friendly.

Apr 28, 2008
@11: WTF?!

And the Naked-Snake banana gun was just fantastic. I don't know why but it made me laugh my ass off.