The creepiest/scariest real world things?

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
In no particular order:

- Poisonous [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box_jellyfish] sea [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonefish] creatures [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cone_snail]. Poisonous land creatures? I can run, climb or otherwise escape most of them. In the water though? Not so easy. Especially with that damn box jellyfish, which you probably won't even see until after it's ruined your day.

- Murderers/Rapists. I'm putting them in the same category because they scare me for the same reason; What goes on in the minds of people capable of pulling off such heinous acts? How can a mind become so twisted and broken?

- Religious fundamentalism. People filled with hate and violence, acting not out of any rational thought or logical reasoning, but out of some deluded faith or belief? That's more horrifying to me than any 'monster'.

Dr. Doomsduck

Nov 24, 2011
White Lightning said:
The FUCKING OCEAN. WHO KNOWS WHAT'S DOWN THERE? I SURE AS SHIT DON'T BUT I KNOW IT'S BIG AND HAS LOTS OF TEETH.
I will take those 'oceans' and raise them with 'dinosaurs'. Not sure if this qualifies as 'real' but they used to exist, so fuck y'all, I'm posting it anyway.

To me, there is nothing more scary than knowing there used to live giant reptiles in those waves. I can handle bad sci-fi movies about it, hell, I can handle regular sharks and crocodiles but just the thought of this...hell no.

It's probably got to do with that recurring dream where I fall into a gigantic ocean sized pool containing a whale and one of those assholes.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Fucking wasps... Not as much creepy as scary. I know they won't hurt me if I don't scare it, but something in my head just snaps whenever one of the fuckers are less than 2 meters away from me.

Larmo

May 20, 2008
Get this parasitic fish tongue no joke these actually exist, and i freaks me out I'm always fishing apparently the parasites bite rather hard.

http://www.treehugger.com/natural-sciences/bizarre-tongue-eating-parasite-discovered-off-the-jersey-coast.html

Jason Rayes

Sep 5, 2012
halofreak123 said:
The parasite that infects ants, pulls tendrils out of their back, takes over their central nervous system making them reach the highest point they can in the sorrounding area before exploding into spores to pass on the virus. This ACTUALLY exists people. Forgot it's name, but it's terrible.

Capatcha: "be mine". I love you too Cappy!
You read Cracked too? :)

OT: Definitely clowns

I actually kind of like spiders. I usually have a hunstman in my room, they eat bad spiders and annoying bugs.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Volan said:
Spiders. Oh my god, spiders. Everything about them is horrible. I hate them. I swear they're the worst things in existence. It doesn't help that they're the worst things you can encounter in games ever.

Captcha: Clean and shiny.

No, they really aren't, Captcha.
I'm addicted to minecraft, and yet I hardly ever play it for long.

Know why?

because the moment I hear that sound, the fun and creativity drains away leaving only pure terror.

Aside from that, the fact that at any time, we are a handful of crazy people in positions of power away from total chaos. It happens. From one person managing to gather a mob and causing a riot, to one person gaining a small movement, then manipulating the government's system to put himself in charge, and keep himself there, then going on to oppress half the goddamn world and murder 6 million innocent people. All because one crazy man found a way, and at any time, it could easily start again.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
T0ad 0f Truth said:
DBLT4P said:
#3. Old gregorian chants, you know that kind that are always used as ambient music when some evil cult is involved...
Wait? What? You mean the legit gregorian chants? Why? How can this be scary...

Oh well :(

OT: I don't really know... Embarrassment? Judgement? other annoying social anxiety stuff... Slenderman
That sounded amazing, I feel so relaxed right now.

OT: Botflies and spiders. (Now I'm not relaxed anymore D: )

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
The scariest things in the world are human beings.
I mean, to other species, we must be some evil godlike overlords.
We keep them as slaves, we experiment on them, hunt them, artificially breed them, eat them, wear their skins etc.
If you're an animal on this planet, you're fucked because of the human beings :)

Seagoon

Feb 14, 2010
Luftwaffles said:

Now imagine if you will, that thats your leg.
I. Hate. You.

[small](Just playin' I love you all)[/small]

O.T. I agree with clowns to an extent but the granddaddy of all creepy things in my eyes are maggots.. FUCKING MAGGOTS.. I have had many a nightmare regarding maggots. The worst thing is how you know that when you die, those mothers are going to be all up inside your body! UUGAHAFUAD:lkhd wlg:F\KWGSJDNKBAV GR[PEIDF;L

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
White Lightning said:
The FUCKING OCEAN. WHO KNOWS WHAT'S DOWN THERE? I SURE AS SHIT DON'T BUT I KNOW IT'S BIG AND HAS LOTS OF TEETH.
Yeah, I gotta go with oceans.

I remember I was dragged into the ocean once when I was in San Diego and I kept flipping out every time something brushed against my leg. :(

Seriously though, there are things in there with big sharp teeth and they don't want cuddles.

That we know about. D:
I agree as well. Oceans are scary.

I've only been to ocean beaches a handful of times on vacations, but I never went more than a few feet/steps into it. Never swam in the water, just let it get about as high as my shins and maybe to my knees because of the waves.

Other than that, my fear of the ocean comes from nightmares I've had, and wow are they doozies.

Usually I'm under the water, something big is headed towards me though I don't know what it is, but right before it gets into view, I wake up.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
Easton Dark said:

Stay out of all the oceans, they're where bad stuff is.
While I agree that yes the oceans contain some of the most screwed up creepy scary things, that is only a basking shark, hell we see those in the waters around England.

On a similar water note The Bolton Strid. Looks lovely but when you know about it it's rather scary.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
I'm with you on abandoned hospitals or insane asylums. They're such perfect horror places... maybe a tad cliche but they creep me out. Shit.. even regular hospitals creep me out.

Deep oceans are kind of scary. Been out on deep sea before and you get this eerie feeling staring into the abyss... like something is looking back up at you. Shame I gave up on my dreams of being a marine biologist. While it creeps me out I find deep ocean fascinating.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
Religous people and the dark.

Religous people scare me because of A) the shit the extremists do in any religion and B) if any of them are right, I am so going to hell, largely just for being bi and atheist.

The dark beause You never know what's out there, you know? Hiding in the shadows. Waiting for you.