The Crow Coming Back to Avenge Itself

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
The Crow Coming Back to Avenge Itself

The director of 28 Weeks Later is now attached to a remake of violent revenge film The Crow.

The Crow began its life as a The Crow [http://www.amazon.com/Crow-James-OBarr/dp/074344647X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302357085&sr=8-1], starring Bruce Lee's son Brandon Lee in his final role where he was accidentally killed on set. The movie received three sequels that were all poorly received. Six years after the fourth film, The Crow has hope to make a positive comeback through an upcoming remake being handled by Relativity.

Juan Carlos Fresnadillo was recently confirmed as the new director for the remake, perhaps giving the 4 year old project new life. Fresnadillo is best known for directing 28 Days Later [http://www.amazon.com/Weeks-Later-Blu-ray-Jeremy-Renner/dp/B000VDDWEM/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1302357733&sr=1-2].

The exact storyline that the remake will follow hasn't been confirmed, considering it may be getting a new writer as well, but it isn't all that tough to figure out. The original Crow movie told the story of a rock musician named Eric Draven and his girlfriend that were brutally killed by a gang of thugs with silly names such as Skank and Funboy. After a crow visits his grave, Draven is brought back to life with incredible healing powers so he basically can't be harmed. With his newfound life, he goes about killing the previously mentioned thugs in various ways such as stabbing one, giving another an overdose of drugs, and impaling the big thug boss on a stone gargoyle's horns.

The remake will definitely be a similar type of movie, because that's what The Crow is: a man/woman getting murdered and coming back to seek revenge. Even though a new director in Fresnadillo has been tapped, the project is still very early so we may not get any new details for a while. In an ideal world, The Crow remake would follow the path of the original film and avoid the horrors of films two through four.

Source: Hollywood Reporter [http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/crow-be-remade-by-28-176212]

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
I really don't think this movie is in need of a remake. They probably just want to milk some more cash from the franchise but Crow 5 would look kinda bad so they are making it into a "remake" to get the buzz going.

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
"And NOW know this! It's a costume party, so you have to wear a costume. BUT? nobody better show up as The Crow! I'm serious. Every costume party there's like fourteen guys come dressed like the Crow 'cause they wanna look hot and hook up. IT'S LAME! If you come dressed as the Crow, you're NOT GETTING IN to the party! "

I happened to be watching _Hell On Earth 2006_ when I saw this news come up.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I remember watching this and thinking it was pretty terrible. But back then I was some idiot kid who only watched a movie because he thought Sting was in it. I don't know why, either, because I never even liked wrestling.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
why remake what is still a really good movie? well I liked it anyway

TheAngryMonkey

Nov 18, 2009
No,No,No,No
The Crow was a flawless movie, 'Top Dollar' played by Michael Wincott was amazing.
Brandon Lee died making this movie, you would think they would show some respect and leave this movie alone.

There is a 0% chance that this remake will be better, or anywhere near as good.
But it will make you money, and that's all that matters. Right?

And do one thing, cash in on the publicity, of Lee's death in the original to help boost sales.

Shameful.

TheAngryMonkey

Nov 18, 2009
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Somebody needs to roll Brandon Lee's body in copper wire. When this movie turns out to be terrible, he'll spin in his grave and generate enough electricity to power California.
Ha Ha Too funny.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Oh goddamnit.

The Crow was far from flawless, but it was still a damned great movie and a respectable swan song for the legendary Brandon Lee.

Leave it alone, you pricks.

The franchise has been brutally raped enough as it is. It doesn't need any more of your shit.

You want to remake a classic movie franchise that went to shit after the first entry? Continue production on that Highlander remake. Just leave The Crow the fuck alone.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
when I saw this title I was really hoping it was talking about crow from mst3k coming to avenge himself against dr forester

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
[small]This summer, robot roll call. Cambot, Gypsy, Tom Servo. In,[/small]

The CROOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

yndsu

Apr 1, 2011
I do not like this idea that much.
Specially as 28 Weeks Later was crap compared to 28 Days Later.

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
The Crow was one of my favorite movies, it doesn't need sequels or reboots and should never (have) recieve(d) any.

level250geek

Jan 8, 2009
Is this a remake, or is it another interpretation of the source material, like Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was based on the Roald Dahl book directly and was not a remake of the 1970s movie Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, which just happened to be inspired by the same book?

If it's a remake, I call foul. If it's a new look at the original graphic novel (which was quite different from the movie), then I'm interested.

Either way, I liked 28 Weeks Later, so at least they picked a good director.