The Curse of World of Tanks - Remakes Every 6 Months

An Ceannaire

Mar 5, 2012
Jeroenr said:
on a side note.
How is the ingame community on xbox?
On PC it went from a GG at the end to name calling about a year ago.
I alway have found the Xbox scene obnoxious to start with. (I do own a 360, but it's gathering dust)
Is that any beter or worse?
Urgh, it's not great. The problem is I play on the European server and it seems to consist of 3 types of people: People nattering away to other people in the same room as them in a language I don't understand, Young children wailing and mouthing off through incredibly crappy mics, and the trashtalkers. Occasionally you will come across people who are willing to talk strategy and work together - and that's when the game shines brightest. But 99% of the time it's just a team-based free-for-all. Which is a pity, because teamwork is a necessity to consistently do well in WoT.

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
It's a pretty decent game if you get into it.

The main problem for a lot of people is the learning curve.

A lot of people just fire randomly at enemy tanks, paying no mind to angles and armour thickness.

A lot of people just Yolo because they're impatient.

On the flip side, many people are too timid and don't press enemies when they should.

Overall, there's a lot of frustrating aspects to the game, mostly due to other players.

However, the enemy team has just as many as you do most of the time, so, it kinda works out.

Jeroenr

Nov 20, 2013
An Ceannaire said:
Jeroenr said:
on a side note.
How is the ingame community on xbox?
On PC it went from a GG at the end to name calling about a year ago.
I alway have found the Xbox scene obnoxious to start with. (I do own a 360, but it's gathering dust)
Is that any beter or worse?
Urgh, it's not great. The problem is I play on the European server and it seems to consist of 3 types of people: People nattering away to other people in the same room as them in a language I don't understand, Young children wailing and mouthing off through incredibly crappy mics, and the trashtalkers. Occasionally you will come across people who are willing to talk strategy and work together - and that's when the game shines brightest. But 99% of the time it's just a team-based free-for-all. Which is a pity, because teamwork is a necessity to consistently do well in WoT.
Well, teamwork is always a bit of a problem with standart battle's, you have 2 side's not 2 teams.
Team battles (5 vs. 5) and Tank company's work a bit beter.

On PC the in game voip system doesn't connect to the whole team, but only to platoon members or TC.(people i know)
This makes audio coms a bit more streamlined and usefull.
Text chat is to the whole team, and thats were you see the trashtalk and foreign banter.
In text chat it's easy to ignore, but in audio chat i can see how that gets annoing.

The audio chat on Xbox was one of the reasons i stopt playing online (on Xbox), if i can't stand the people i play with/against it takes the fun out of it for me.

SuperSamio64

Nov 4, 2010
As Xan said, World of Warplanes isn't doing great because War Thunder came out first and its gameplay is less clunky and more engaging than WoW's.

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
Tanks is fun, but I just couldn't bring myself to try planes or even War Thunder for very long. If Kesmai could pull off persistent maps with 300 players two decades ago with air warrior, why are devs now limiting themselves to lobby games?

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Eh. I got tired of the biblical grind quickly. But it's a decent enough game otherwise.

Well, that and tired of seeing my arty shots fall well outside of the aiming reticule far too frequently (stationary angle, firing angle, zeroing, doesn't matter, there's a chance the game will just fuck you over with random chance. Either that or their aiming code is out of sync with the server), if not when they just disappear entirely. As in "They never landed".

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Wow such arrogance. As if hes actually remaking the game. hes remaking it maybe every 2-3 years and in half a year all they mange to develop is couple maps and sometimes a few tanks. heck, they only now bring historical battles and Havoc engine that they promissed us 2 years ago. They are one of the slower developers out there so this post was very strange read. then again. Its wargaming. to be expected.

An Ceannaire said:
Sure, you can pay for better tanks, but you can be just as effective with the lesser tanks, and can get the better ones with enough patience.
How is it on 360. from what i saw its terrible.
You cant pay for better tanks. Premium tanks are actually worse than their same tier nonpremium ones. this is intentional, meaning that people who buy it may have more credits but not better tanks. As for detail, well, this is what you get when you port a PC game to consoles. PC games had this for years now, welcome to the club.

deathmothon said:
I think I might download just for the info. I like reading about tanks and planes and whatnot, so even if I never actually play it, it could be interesting.
your better off reading the books the developer released. Tanks in game are not exactly historical due to balancing and there are plenty "paper tanks" (tanks that never actually got built but were only projects)

WarpZone said:
They're already pay-to-win, unless they stopped selling individual shells when I wasn't looking. So don't worry, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they're selling players the Schwerer Gustav.
everything that can be bought with gold can be bought with silver. and you can get gold if your doing clan wars. Its not even that hard actually.

RJ 17 said:
you are wrong. Everything that can be bought with money can be bought with free currency. you dont need gold equipment to win. in fact, most of the time its compeletely useless. and gold ammo is useful only for people that dont know how to aim. From your "Experience" it seems like you really dont know how to aim and end up being the reason your team looses. Instead of blaming the game why dont you try to get better at it? Panther is a paper tank, EVERYTHING can penetrate it. well may not low tier scouts.

JaceArveduin said:
heh, I'm laughing cause the first response to RJ would have probably been "L2P noob, just shoot the weak spots" Which is actually good advice, oddly enough.
well, he couldnt penetrate a panther. PANTHER. obviously he does not know where to shoot. I can understand if he was complaining he cannot penetrate ATs or Tiger2, those have armor, but Panther is a paper tank.

Jeroenr said:
And although there are people who do, most players don't fire money at your tank constantly.
And when they are, how can you tell?
Automatic extinguisher is easily visible when used. Golden ammo gives different color tracers. there are ways.

Atmos Duality said:
Well, that and tired of seeing my arty shots fall well outside of the aiming reticule far too frequently (stationary angle, firing angle, zeroing, doesn't matter, there's a chance the game will just fuck you over with random chance. Either that or their aiming code is out of sync with the server), if not when they just disappear entirely. As in "They never landed".
It uses gausian distribution, which means there is 0.3% chance that it lands outside of the circle. With the massive artillery nerf done recently that made their ability to hit a target more dependent on weather condition than your aiming i can only see masochists like me playing arty anymore.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Strazdas said:
It uses gausian distribution, which means there is 0.3% chance that it lands outside of the circle. With the massive artillery nerf done recently that made their ability to hit a target more dependent on weather condition than your aiming i can only see masochists like me playing arty anymore.
Ah, so I got fucked over by the developers shortly after starting.
Good to know I quit at a good time, since I don't really have the patience to grind out another line of tanks just to be able to play.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Strazdas said:
I'm not going to argue with someone who has the gall to call the developers arrogant when your response to me can be summed up with "lol learn 2 play noob, you're the reason your team loses". Seems the pots' calling the kettle black on this one.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Atmos Duality said:
Ah, so I got fucked over by the developers shortly after starting.
Good to know I quit at a good time, since I don't really have the patience to grind out another line of tanks just to be able to play.
Well to be honest it was partly needed. it was getting ridiculous with having 10 arties per team and such nonesense. however they overdid it in my opinion.
as far as grinding, i find that if i pick tanks that are fun to play it does not feel like grinding, it feels like fun.

RJ 17 said:
Strazdas said:
I'm not going to argue with someone who has the gall to call the developers arrogant when your response to me can be summed up with "lol learn 2 play noob, you're the reason your team loses". Seems the pots' calling the kettle black on this one.
Well, considering you blamed the game for your inability to play, i tried telling you that maybe the problem is with yourself. Thats like blaming a car when you fail your driving test.
Oh and i agree im quite arrogant, that however does not mean the developers say the truth in this pannel.