The Dark Knight Rises Teaser Trailer Surfaces, Shows Off Bane

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
The Dark Knight Rises Teaser Trailer Surfaces, Shows Off Bane

[video=3705 width=350]​

After a few false trailers and "leaks" the first trailer for The Dark Knight Rises has finally surface on the Web.

After months of breathless anticipation, moviegoers were given their first official glimpse of The Dark Knight Rises when they helped Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 smash box office records this weekend. Prior to watching Mr. Potter go up against He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, audiences got to watch this teaser trailer for the upcoming conclusion to Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy.

The trailer is ... Well, it's really more of an official announcement than anything else. The first half is a re-tread of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, while the latter parts feature a scene with a hospitalized Jim Gordon that's intercut with sequences of what looks like <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bane_(comics)#Fictional_character_biography>Bane's origin at the prison of Peña Dura. Other than that, there's not much else, yet.

Of course, a teaser trailer is really only supposed to announce that there's actually going to be a movie. Since we've all known that The Dark Knight Rises is coming, it would've been nice to see a little more of the story (or maybe a few other characters) on display in the trailer. That said: This is Christopher Nolan's final Batman film. We all know it's going to be brilliant.

Source: <a href=http://io9.com/5822221/the-official-dark-knight-rises-teaser-trailer-gives-us-a-glimpse-of-bane-versus-batman>io9

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Here's more with screencaps...
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Trailer-In-High-Res-With-Screencaps-25738.html

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
amaranth_dru said:
Here's more with screencaps...
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Trailer-In-High-Res-With-Screencaps-25738.html
Bane, what did you do to you?

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
Mr.Pandah said:
znix said:
Epic conclusion? Yeah right, there'll be more.
Not from Nolan at least.
hopefully from another good director trying to set up the JUSTICE LEAGUE, since Nolan is working on the Superman Reboot.

and someone needs to fix the green lantern.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Even Batman and Robin's Bane looks more accurate...

Oh God, did I really just say that? I feel like taking a bath... That feels so wrong...

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
I am so going to see this! I'm not a huge batman fan, but the dark knight is one of my favorite movies so far. I could see this movie being just as good.

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Mr.Pandah said:
znix said:
Epic conclusion? Yeah right, there'll be more.
Not from Nolan at least.
Nolan's done with the franchise, after this. He's working on the story for Superman, but not actually directing it. Rumor has it that after this movie, Warner Bros. is planning to reboot Batman and work him into a larger Justice League continuity.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
orangeapples said:

Oh God, did I really just say that? I feel like taking a bath... That feels so wrong...

He did look more accurate, but they basically made him a big retard. I imagine they will have a Bane closer to the actual comic Bane... you know, the man who broke the Bat.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Did anyone understand a single fucking word of that? I had my speakers turned up until it hurt, and it still sounds like Christian Bale's mouth is full of marbles.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
Oh man Nolan is going to bring down the pain on this one. I really wonder tho....will it be able to top the Dark Knight and will we get another Joker-ish performance by an actor? Wah 2012 cant come fast enough

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
orangeapples said:

Being a big, stupid looking meathead in a lucha libre mask is not essential to Bane as a character any more than spandex tights are essential to Batman. Sometimes changes have to be made to fit the tone of the story being told. I don't see why it's a big deal, it's just part of making a tonally coherent series of movies.

BrunDeign

Feb 14, 2008
In the final few seconds it looks like Bane getting ready to screw up Batman's face and Batman not being entirely all there. Like he's tired, if you will.

rees263

The Lone Wanderer
Jun 4, 2009
I saw this in the cinema and thought "Really? Isn't it a little early to start hype?"

I would have thought that most people wouldn't get quite as excited about this announcement as we might, and everyone is going to go and watch the film anyway thanks to The Dark Knight.