The Defenestration of Erin Stout

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
Mike Fang said:
Ho-kay, I don't care where you're from, you don't "help" anyone by shoving them out a window. And if this guy now goes outside and gives Erin some kind of self-righteous, condescending speech meant to take her to task...I hope she belts him again.
Okay, theory time, he's pushing her out the window to give her another head injury and help her to no hallucinate anymore. Just a guess.

The Last Melon

Mar 19, 2012
Agow95 said:
Unfortunately I saw that coming when I saw the name of the comic, now I'm trying to remember when I learned the definition of defenestration
Yeah, the title gave it away for me. Maybe you're a history fan? The Defenestration of Prague tends to be where most people hear the word for the first time.

Hollyday

Mar 5, 2012
The Last Melon said:
Agow95 said:
Unfortunately I saw that coming when I saw the name of the comic, now I'm trying to remember when I learned the definition of defenestration
Yeah, the title gave it away for me. Maybe you're a history fan? The Defenestration of Prague tends to be where most people hear the word for the first time.
or a poetry fan - I know the word from the Carol Ann Duffy poem 'The Good Teachers':
Miss Ross will take you for double History.
You breathe on the glass, making a ghost of her, say
South Sea Bubble Defenestration of Prague.

itsthesheppy

Mar 28, 2012
There really is no way this ends (other than as a dream sequence) where that guy is anything other than a criminal. Whether or not he's charged with assault or attempted murder depends a lot on how high that window is.

More lighthearted comics fun!

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Eamar said:
GeeksUtopia said:
She is still in a coma and she wakes up from it when she hits the floor
Yeah, my money's on this too. I'm surprised how many people are assuming this is actually happening to her... I hope this comic isn't getting that sadistic :/
You know, I never thought of that... if this ends up being all a dream, it would both a blessing and a curse. Blessing in that the whole ordeal is completely voided. Curse, in that the "it was all a dream" bit is kind of cliche...

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
This is still working for me, having compared this to fight club awhile back. We're still on target, apparently.

JohnDoey

Jun 30, 2009
Frankly I prefer nameless wonder to Erin currently, she needed to be pushed out a window.

That_Sneaky_Camper

Aug 19, 2011
According to Wikipedia Defenestration is the act of throwing someone or something out of a window. Had we known that bit of vocabulary then the title would have spoiled the comic before we even read it. Obscure words for the win! :D

Learn something new every day.

pirateninj4

Apr 6, 2009
This is a new and interesting foreplay technique I'm guessing. I'll have to try it out tomorrow.

May 5, 2010
Hey, look at that. You took my advice. Here's hoping she's dead. Or realizes that being *****-tastic enough to make someone want to kill you is actually a BAD thing, and going back to normal.

FPSfanatic

Sep 21, 2011
I'm surprised no one has suggested that the characters she has been seeing might take a more direct approach to protecting her. We have seen them sometimes interact directly with the world. It could be possible someone like Pit could fly in and save her.

scienceguy8

Sep 1, 2008
What if this is the beginning of another arc? What if Tess was hired by Erin's friends and coworkers to befriend Erin, push her out a window, and give a statement to the police that paints her as suicidal so she can be committed?

Nah, too conspiracy-theoryish for Grey and Corey, and perhaps even too harsh for the currently ill-adjusted Erin.

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
And all the worlds troubles magically disappeared, The End.

(...please don't kill her)

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Mike Fang said:
Ho-kay, I don't care where you're from, you don't "help" anyone by shoving them out a window. And if this guy now goes outside and gives Erin some kind of self-righteous, condescending speech meant to take her to task...I hope she belts him again.
This is a comic where a woman, guided by hallucinations, took off her pants to destroy an XBox and then ended up wrestling her friend in a catfight while a guy looked on in enjoyment.

I'm not sure why we're suddenly applying realism here, or how to conduct things.

I mean, hell, even the accident that cause Erin's hallucinations in the first place was treated poorly by her friends and family. And if this were a clinic on head trauma, I'd be pissed off. But it's a webcomic.

And the guy seems like a dick anyway.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
That_Sneaky_Camper said:
According to Wikipedia Defenestration is the act of throwing someone or something out of a window. Had we known that bit of vocabulary then the title would have spoiled the comic before we even read it. Obscure words for the win! :D

Learn something new every day.
I saw "defenestration" and was curious as to whether it was literal or not.

Cgull

Behind You
Oct 31, 2009
Didn't this used to be about a cynical games writer with a quirky, yet not dickish, demeanour?

There appears to be a distinct lack of games, writing or quirky going on (plenty of batshit crazy bitchiness though)...still, I suppose I keep reading it for some reason, I just can't decide whether it's through the interest in the storyline OR the interest in the car crash it might become.

*grabs popcorn, stares intently*