The Discovery - What if There Was Proof of an Afterlife?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
14,276
15
43
The Discovery - What if There Was Proof of an Afterlife?

The Discovery poses an interesting question ... and doesn't quite know where to go from there.

Read Full Article
 

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
14,011
874
118
That sounds like a kind of neat, if wasted, concept movie.

Although maybe it's explained but why would proving the afterlife exists cause a bunch of people to kill themselves? They realize the afterlife is going to exist whether they shoot themselves in the face now or whether they die like everyone else in a tragic gasoline fight accident, right?

I don't know if the movie gets into that but that just seems curious to me...
 

008Zulu_v1legacy

New member
Sep 6, 2009
6,019
0
0
The premise of this movie reminds me of Flatliners, to a degree.

tippy2k2 said:
die like everyone else in a tragic gasoline fight accident, right?
No gasoline fight is ever tragic.
 

King_Julian

New member
Jun 10, 2009
160
0
0
tippy2k2 said:
That sounds like a kind of neat, if wasted, concept movie.

Although maybe it's explained but why would proving the afterlife exists cause a bunch of people to kill themselves? They realize the afterlife is going to exist whether they shoot themselves in the face now or whether they die like everyone else in a tragic gasoline fight accident, right?

I don't know if the movie gets into that but that just seems curious to me...

Maybe the people that are killing themselves are depressed or what not.....maybe some
have lost loved ones who they desperately want to see again.....there are many reasons people might want to do that.

.....Id be more worried about the people who dont kill themselves and how they would live their lives. Some would go absolutely crazy pillaging and burning everything in their path....nobody would want to waste time with work or money.....theres so many questions....
 

mtarzaim02

New member
Jan 23, 2014
86
0
0
King_Julian said:
.....Id be more worried about the people who dont kill themselves and how they would live their lives. Some would go absolutely crazy pillaging and burning everything in their path....nobody would want to waste time with work or money.....theres so many questions....
Concepts of heaven and hell are quite new to humankind. For millenias, a good afterlife was a pharaon privilege, if a privilege at all.
No afterlife for humans didn't prevent civilizations to rise and fall. Just like certitude of afterlife didn't destroy more recent civilizations.

Even true evidence of afterlife wouldn't mean much. It wouldn't proove what exactly there is after, or how long it remains.
Just like sailing to the other side of the ocean, knowing only there's something to reach.