The Dumb Stuff You Believed As a Kid

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
We were all dumb as kids. We didn't know any better! I'm sure that a lot of us thought that the world was black and white in the past, because why else would photos be that way? And we all did our best to avoid cooties and not swallow watermelon seeds, because then you'd have watermelons growing in your stomach. What particularly silly things were you convinced of when you were young?

I'll start off: When I was a kid, I waited for the toilet to stop flushing before running the sink to wash my hands, because I was certain that otherwise the toilet water would come out the faucet.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
That adults were smart and knew what they were doing.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
The Millennium Falcon used to have a cockpit on the left side to match the right. I'm not sure why I believed that but I think it has to do with the weirdness of having the cockpit being completely off center like that.

It still does beg the question of how the Falcon flies through tight spaces in ROTJ and TFA so well despite having a massive leftward bulk that needs to be accounted for.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I thought my eldest sister invented the word 'shit', because she's the first person I ever heard say it. I even proudly declared it at the dinner table, and let's just say a lot of half chewed chicken was flying around that evening.