The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited DLC Details and Trailer

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited DLC Details and Trailer

Details for the first major DLC for The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited were announced on Wednesday.

In a post Wednesday [http://www.bethblog.com/2015/07/15/esos-first-dlc-game-pack-imperial-city/], Bethesda detailed the first major DLC for The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited. The DLC, entitled The Imperial City, is coming to PC and Mac on August 31, Xbox One on September 15, and PlayStation 4 on September 16. The extra content is free for anyone with an active ESO Plus subscription. Otherwise it will cost 2500 Crowns in the in-game store.

"Located at the heart of the Cyrodiilic Empire, the Imperial City has fallen into ruin, claimed by Molag Bal's forces," the summary on the official site reads [http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/07/15/imperial-city-launch-details]. "It is comprised of six Imperial Districts, the extensive Imperial Sewers network, and the White-Gold Tower at its center. The dangers of Imperial City and the Sewers below are best suited for small groups of adventurers, but highly skilled warriors have been known to strike out on their own. While exploring and fighting your way through the Imperial City, be prepared to face not only Molag Bal's forces, but also enemy players from the opposing alliances."

The DLC comes in two parts, the DLC game pack and the base-game patch. Both are detailed below:

Imperial City DLC game pack

All content is available to players that are level 10 and up
A brand new PvP/PvE space, including the six Imperial City Districts
New quests and key characters within the Imperial City
One new Imperial City PvP Public Dungeon: The Imperial Sewers
Two new PvE Imperial City group dungeons with Normal and Veteran versions: White-Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison
The Tel Var Stone system
23 completely new Veteran Rank 16 item sets, only available in Imperial City
Treasure Vaults that contain new Veteran Rank 16 set jewelry and a chance for even rarer finds
Xivkyn racial motif style
New collectibles only available in Imperial City (pets, polymorphs, and a costume)

Imperial City Base-Game Patch

15% decrease in the amount of XP it takes to gain a Veteran Rank
100% more XP for all public dungeons
50% more XP for all Veteran Rank quests
20% more XP in Craglorn
Veteran Rank increased to 16
Racial Passive improvements
Mundus Stone buff improvements
Glass racial motif style
Improvements to existing item sets
The ability to hide mount visual upgrades
New crafting skill line passives
New Undaunted pledges
Tons of combat and gameplay balance changes
Improved end-of-campaign Alliance War rewards
...and more!

Setch Dreskar

Mar 28, 2011
Uh what does Bethesda have to do with this, it was an official post on Elder Scrolls Online so it was either the Zenimax Online studio, or Zenimax itself not Bethesda that made the post. Bonus points Bethesda had nothing to do with the game at all.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Huh..

Better tell Bethesda to stop selling products for the game then..

http://store.bethsoft.com/brands/the-elder-scrolls-online.html

Setch Dreskar

Mar 28, 2011
Makabriel said:
Huh..

Better tell Bethesda to stop selling products for the game then..

http://store.bethsoft.com/brands/the-elder-scrolls-online.html
Selling is one thing, Elder Scrolls is their IP... but Bethesda are also owned by Zenimax, so when your owner tells you to do something you do it. Bethesda though did not code, does not operate, and did not work on Elder Scrolls Online in any way shape or form, it was one of the many reasons people had a red flag about ESO. What I will say is the developers at Zenimax Online actually did a good job as much as I hated ESO in the beta it has turned around well.

So again, the article should say Zenimax Online, not Bethesda.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Semantics, really. Bethedsa is also the Publisher of ESO, soooo

I will agree with you about the game. It has hooked me pretty good since I started playing because I was bored with everything else.

Setch Dreskar

Mar 28, 2011
Makabriel said:
Semantics, really. Bethedsa is also the Publisher of ESO, soooo

I will agree with you about the game. It has hooked me pretty good since I started playing because I was bored with everything else.
Not really semantics since that implies Bethesda put as much effort in as Zenimax Online themselves. Bethesda weren't even going to appear on the game until people raised a stink about it, they also didn't do any work so I don't see how not crediting the people that actually did the work, run the sites and servers is alright. Plus it would help not to spread misinformation.

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
Setch Dreskar said:
Uh what does Bethesda have to do with this, it was an official post on Elder Scrolls Online so it was either the Zenimax Online studio, or Zenimax itself not Bethesda that made the post. Bonus points Bethesda had nothing to do with the game at all.
Bethesda softworks a developer from 1986 to 2001 when they changed to a publisher, also in 2001 the head of Bethesda formed ZeniMax Media to be an overall media/merchandise company for Bethesda IP and also started Bethesda Game Studios as a new development studio for original Bethesda IP games.

Corporate maneuvering yay.

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
Great, DLC for an MMO. I for one couldn't wait for the chance to start paying for content patches.

Setch Dreskar

Mar 28, 2011
P-89 Scorpion said:
Setch Dreskar said:
Bethesda softworks a developer from 1986 to 2001 when they changed to a publisher, also in 2001 the head of Bethesda formed ZeniMax Media to be an overall media/merchandise company for Bethesda IP and also started Bethesda Game Studios as a new development studio for original Bethesda IP games.

Corporate maneuvering yay.
Yep, Bethesda is one of those weird corporate places where they are at the same time the head but also a subordinate in that the head is actually Zenimax with Bethesda Softworks, and Bethesda Game Studios is an underling like Zenimax Online. Funnily it makes sense why it happened but today it just looks like a tangled mess.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
SecondPrize said:
Great, DLC for an MMO. I for one couldn't wait for the chance to start paying for content patches.
Except for the fact that MMOs have been doing this since the beginning. EQ has 21 expansions now, most of which cost $45 at launch. This is $25. Zen has been adding free content to the game every patch since launch. $25 to play around in the Imperial City, with several new armor styles and new dungeons, is worth the price of entry IMO.

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
Remus said:
SecondPrize said:
Except for the fact that MMOs have been doing this since the beginning. EQ has 21 expansions now, most of which cost $45 at launch. This is $25. Zen has been adding free content to the game every patch since launch. $25 to play around in the Imperial City, with several new armor styles and new dungeons, is worth the price of entry IMO.
Expansion packs and DLC are different things. MMOs have most certainly not been charging for content patches since the beginning. The question is, is this a content patch or an xpac?