The Ephi-tree....come if you are curious...

Zeke109

Jul 10, 2008
Have you ever had an epiphany? Or a sudden realization of great truth? Share with us. Mine:
Life will end. There will be happiness afterward, but for now, you can live your life to its fullest.

Zeke109

Jul 10, 2008
You sound like my sister...she'll eat an entire block of cheese if she was allowed to...

Hellion25

May 28, 2008
That life will generally consist of being knocked down and picked up. The trick is to make sure you keep the people that pick you up in your life, and get rid of the ones who knock you down.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
That my time is worth more than $6.50 and hour and that my boss doesn't appreciate me. Good bye, bottle depot!

Gahars

Feb 4, 2008
Yes

That by responding to this forum, I am contributing to a conversation some will call deep, others will call epic, and the rest will call a conversation.

Jobz

May 5, 2008
My epiphany was that no matter what we do in life it all turns out the same, we're all gonna die someday. So live life to the fullest, do things that people might consider stupid. Jump out of airplanes, dive off cliffs (Assuming you've got a parachute on you.) enjoy thinks that might kill you if they don't turn out right. Nothing can compare to that thrill, and do it knowing that death is inescapable, but you can cheat it, and sometimes win.

Maet

The Altoid Duke
Jul 31, 2008
I just had one today actually:

No matter what I decide to specialize or major in at University, it'll probably be impractical and useless

All in all, it was a pretty good first day.

JMeganSnow

Aug 27, 2008
I have small epiphanies all the time, usually the solutions to problems that I've been working on for a while. I think the strangest thing about moments of epiphany is that you can't imagine why you didn't think of it sooner.

Matthew Alexander

Oct 4, 2007
My epiphany
All a human being is is a highly complex colony of single cell organisms. (I was very depressed after examining all the implications of this)

Khedive Rex

Jun 1, 2008
Is it just me or are all epiphanies about death and/or the frailty of life? We haven't heard a single epiphany yet that dealt with anything other than living life to the fullest cause you're doomed to die in 60 years. Where are all the happy epiphanies?!

My epiphany: I could save a lot of money on my car insurance by switching to Geicko! (or however that's spelled)

JMeganSnow

Aug 27, 2008
How about "there's no reason to let other people dictate the terms of my life." That's a happy epiphany.

Or, "There's no sense worrying about what you can't fix."

Or, "all those things I was scared of still happened and it wasn't the end of the world."

DoomBunny

Sep 8, 2008
I was laying in bed one night when I suddenly realised "Shit, alot of people actually care about me"

And while I was at work, I realised that I could be good at anything I wanted to do, given I had the motivation to do it

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Sometimes telling a girl you know that you're willing to have sex with them is all it takes.

And I'm not even lying! ;)

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
My Epiphany: We now stand but between two fires One of war and chaos, the other of slow death from poisoned earth. Then Chuck Norris wil coem by and save us all from certain doom, then we go to war with france for some arbitrary reason.