The Escapist Classic Videos: Apocalypse Lane Ep. 05

Encaen

May 6, 2005
The Escapist Classic Videos: Apocalypse Lane Ep. 05

After years of community requests, The Escapist is bringing back some of the community's favorite classic video series.

The Escapist has long been known for the wildly popular video series, Zero Punctuation, but our oldest community members remember some of the other killer classic videos. We're kicking off with fan favorite, Apocalypse Lane, but keep an eye out for more coming soon!

If you're more of a binge-watching type, you can find all of them right here! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/apocalypse-lane?page=3]

The comments will be fresh here, but if you want to see the originals, just hit the video's comment page itself!

Apocalypse Lane Episode 05 - Mississippi Maggot Stew

[video=794 autoplay=0]

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
I find it funny the Escapist has a "news" section any more.

When the Escapists started putting Advertisements in the news section I thought it was stupid but whatever.

Now we have re-posts of old Escapist content in the news section. More appreciated but still not news.

And after a few weeks ago when the last news poster Ron Whitaker stopped posting news articles. The news section is now literally all advertisements and re-posts.

miraclefilms

Apr 2, 2008
This site is dying, isn't it?

I noticed it today when I saw the Weekly Content Schedule. It's filled with nothing.

For a long time I used to come every day, but when Moviebob shows got cancelled, I stopped. It was abrupt and following the drama behind left me wit a bad taste in my mouth. I don't know anyone involved in the situation, but had seen those kind of unceremonious firings before; I just stopped caring about the site. Knowing those kind of things happened behind the curtains made me stop seeing The Escapist as my "home".

Still, I came back every Wednesday for ZP. But my visit were(are) so targeted that I didn't really noticed this place is now deserted. For instance, of the "popular" news of the week (today is Friday), only two have comments. I remember when Jim Sterling left, he said it was amicable, but that he felt the change in the winds. Maybe he meant this.

I felt compelled to write this, knowing probably no one would read it, because seeing The Escapist like this; this page that used to be my homepage, made me feel like walking trough Hollownest.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
miraclefilms said:
This site is dying, isn't it?

I noticed it today when I saw the Weekly Content Schedule. It's filled with nothing.

For a long time I used to come every day, but when Moviebob shows got cancelled, I stopped. It was abrupt and following the drama behind left me wit a bad taste in my mouth. I don't know anyone involved in the situation, but had seen those kind of unceremonious firings before; I just stopped caring about the site. Knowing those kind of things happened behind the curtains made me stop seeing The Escapist as my "home".

Still, I came back every Wednesday for ZP. But my visit were(are) so targeted that I didn't really noticed this place is now deserted. For instance, of the "popular" news of the week (today is Friday), only two have comments. I remember when Jim Sterling left, he said it was amicable, but that he felt the change in the winds. Maybe he meant this.

I felt compelled to write this, knowing probably no one would read it, because seeing The Escapist like this; this page that used to be my homepage, made me feel like walking trough Hollownest.
Eh, for me it's when "most commented" things have less than 20 comments, instead of the 100+ in the old days. But yeah, time to shop around for other forums.