The Escapist Film Festival 2009: Cold Turkey

Pilky

Oct 14, 2009
Cold Turkey

Four gamer's decide to enter a competition to win free video games for life! What's the catch? Stop playing video games and whoever lasts the longest...wins.
The story is based more around video gamers rather than video games, the concept is 'what if we took video games away from hardcore gamers?'. Well..watch and find out!
Watch Video

Rieza

Dec 11, 2009
I have to say with all its minor problems i am quite impressed with this. Kudos to you guys. You found a solid idea and worked with it :D
I think this could turn out to be something pretty good. This ones definately got my vote. :)

Hope you do well !

Zorham

Dec 11, 2009
looks like a great begining looking forward to seeing more
you got my vote

Great Snail be with you

Mr. Blond

Mar 4, 2009
Pilky said:
Mr. Blond said:
Nothing more to say? Or should I not ask for your full opinion? :p
Regardless, thanks for watching it!
well i'm through more than half the vids so far and some of them are a total waste of time...your's has a good set-up for the rest of the series it just lacks funny or an epic story line that makes me want to see more...A for effort though...kudos

Pilky

Oct 14, 2009
Mr. Blond said:
Pilky said:
Mr. Blond said:
well i'm through more than half the vids so far and some of them are a total waste of time...your's has a good set-up for the rest of the series it just lacks funny or an epic story line that makes me want to see more...A for effort though...kudos
Thanks for the criticism, it's much appreciated. I only wish I had a larger time scale to have been able to further develop the story in 5 minutes. I just hope people can see the potential in the short..but then again there are some truely awesome video's this year.

schachnor

Dec 11, 2009
i thoughly enjoyed watching this vid most of the entries are one off's and dont make me laugh at all, but i got a few giggles out of this one :) and agreed with Mr.Blond with a good setup for a bigger series but i do want to see more :)

Mr. Blond

Mar 4, 2009
Pilky said:
Mr. Blond said:
Pilky said:
Mr. Blond said:
Thanks for the criticism, it's much appreciated. I only wish I had a larger time scale to have been able to further develop the story in 5 minutes. I just hope people can see the potential in the short..but then again there are some truely awesome video's this year.
doomsday arcade sets the bar for awesome to me and so far no-one has come close...on the bright side i just saw two more vids and your just keeps getting better

MachiMediaUK

Dec 11, 2009
Tbh, I think it could have been better. Not bad, I would like to see it progress but it needs to be improved.

Pilky

Oct 14, 2009
Mr. Blond said:
Pilky said:
Mr. Blond said:
Pilky said:
Mr. Blond said:
doomsday arcade sets the bar for awesome to me and so far no-one has come close...on the bright side i just saw two more vids and your just keeps getting better
Oh hell no. Doomsday Arcade is IMMENSE, I login everyday with the hopes they realise a new episode early. I aspire to be on the same scale as Doomsday Arcade but ofcourse I need to get better and that takes time.

Mr. Blond

Mar 4, 2009
Pilky said:
Mr. Blond said:
Pilky said:
Mr. Blond said:
Pilky said:
Mr. Blond said:
Oh hell no. Doomsday Arcade is IMMENSE, I login everyday with the hopes they realise a new episode early. I aspire to be on the same scale as Doomsday Arcade but ofcourse I need to get better and that takes time.
agreed sir...but you seem to have half the battle won...the desire to get off your ass and have a go at it...keep it up

Pilky

Oct 14, 2009
It's people like you Mr Blond that make this forum such a friendly community. I'll keep trying, I can only try my best and if that ain't good enough, well I just have to get better for next time.

Mr. Blond

Mar 4, 2009
Pilky said:
It's people like you Mr Blond that make this forum such a friendly community. I'll keep trying, I can only try my best and if that ain't good enough, well I just have to get better for next time.
strangely enough i earned a warning from an escapist moderator for one of the post on this thread so go figure

lookingforloper

Dec 11, 2009
concept good...delivery...ehhh.....i think less than five minutes would have made the point better. i just don't see the future with it. i feel like i say that with a lot of these, i just don't know how much i could watch of people trying not to play video games to win video games. saving the vote.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
Very solid concept and it has some real potential in some scenes. I particularly liked how you introduced the characters names so casually, but the acting wasn't great...

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
perhaps if you reversed the concept? as in they were forced to do nothing but game in the same hous and we the audience enjoy the characters falling into misery and despair over their kafka-esque situation, the sheer amount of drama potential is immense, especially because you all seem to have funny bones(as in natural affinity for being funny), maybe it is something about the scottish tap water. but this was enjoyable all though the gags were rather far and few in between.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
so far this is the second video i watched that had any promise at all, where are you lads from?, cause thats one heavy accent ye all have.

edit: im sorta saddened that you dont choose to show or at least hint to what the group will do, it would be nice to know where you would take the concept.