The Escapist Film Festival 2009: Dungeon Desinger

Woem

May 28, 2009
This one definitely got my vote. I would recommend to put less of a voice effect on the demon though, it's sometimes really hard to understand what he's saying.

p1ge0n

Dec 8, 2009
gotta be honest, if i hadn't entered the competition or we weren't competing i'd vote for you!

messy

Dec 3, 2008
was good, got my vote not sure how episode two would work thought if I'm honest

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
I enjoyed this a lot, my only concern is how it would pan out into more episodes. Voted

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
Good character design. As others have said: you might want to tone down the voice effect, it's cool, but it makes it harder to understand the dialogue and I'm not sure where you would go with this series. All in all though, thumbs up.

ninja555

Mar 21, 2009
Very nice work. Voices need bit of tweaking, but other then that, good work, you've got my vote.

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
So far my one and only favorite (besides my own). Good artwork, good voice-work, and wonderful dialogue! Though I don't see where it can go from here (are you planning on doing only mediveal dungeons, or perhaps a variety of Evil {and possibly good?} hideouts/lairs?).

But good luck to yah! Hope you do win!

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
judging voice: haha well everyone's said it...what comes next? first episode should make it a goal to ensure longevity

me: mm liked the animation since it reminded me of the years past when I was into the Flash videos of LotR and the Matrix haha

DWT Productions

Nov 25, 2009
Hey All,
We'd Just like to thank you for all the positive feedback to our animation :D + we'd just like to reply to a couple Frequently Asked Questions

-Yeah, the voice effect is a little heavy and it will be toned down in later episodes. We were going put subtitles in but the way we worked the camera, it would've been quite shoddy

-What we're going do next?? Well that's great question! In 2010 DWT Productions usually focus on sketch comedy. We made several sketches and what were going to do is release them on our website (which were also working one by the way) once a week. Dungeon Designer was sort of a one off. We made it specifically for this competition and the audience for the escapist. If we do win however, then I guess we would be willing to make a series out of it. Perhaps, the Dungeon Master runs into many problems that ironicly, is always in most video games.

Anyway, thanks for all your replies. Tell all your friends and watch as well and vote for us!!
-DWT

Angrypudding

Dec 11, 2009
Funny. Reminded me a bit of Frisky Dingo. I just don't see it going anywhere. Nice Guitar melody at the end though. Props to your guitarist.

Woem

May 28, 2009
DWT Productions said:
-Yeah, the voice effect is a little heavy and it will be toned down in later episodes. We were going put subtitles in but the way we worked the camera, it would've been quite shoddy
I don't think you'll be needing subtitles, just clearer voices. Take of instance this Gnome on WotC's video series for 4E:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/toon/20071219a

MikeyMCMichael

Nov 29, 2009
Love this so much, great writing and I really like character poses such as the awkward arm gestures the sales men makes when he is explaining things. awesome

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
I thought it was quite good. But if this episode is representative of the whole series I don't see a lot of longevity. There's only so much you can do with jokes based around video game dungeons.

DWT Productions

Nov 25, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
I thought it was quite good. But if this episode is representative of the whole series I don't see a lot of longevity. There's only so much you can do with jokes based around video game dungeons.
You do have a point there.
But like we said before, there is chance that if we do get the contract, that we will create an entire array of Humorous Gaming Sketches just like with this one. It's the reason why we didn't call this "Dungeon Designer Ep.1".
But also, we might even stick to this series. Whilst we haven't gotten anything written down in stone yet, we have been thinking to create a the series around the Logical dungeon master and how he comes across things that are in video games that really make no sense. Such as Boss characters having a set attack pattern or where the overworld music comes from.
Trust us, we will make it work ;)