The Escapist Film Festival 2009: Gamers

Mischievous Beta

Dec 9, 2009
Gamers

A student who is involved in a ground-breaking project at the University tampers with the project's computer files, but before he can fix them, the device is activated, which leaves him, another student, and a few members of the University staff traveling in strange new
places, without a sign of being able to get back home.

Watch Video

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Complete rip off of Dooms Day Arcade, but entertaining none the less.

EnigmaticSevens

Sep 18, 2009
Yeah.... definitely within the same vein, yet for some reason not nearly as amusing... or well edited. Admirable attempt though.

Mr. Blond

Mar 4, 2009
how many of these things are there...i thought there was just one page but there's like 4...how do they expect us to vote for the best when they can't narrow it down to 10...in regards to this vid...it's like quantum leap for gamers...meh

GuiltBlade

Nov 6, 2009
Aside from the lack of originality, it wasn't too bad. Nowhere near great though.
Acting needs a little work, as does passing and scene transitions.
The script wasn't bad.
Amusing in its own way and the style is very different from dooms day arcade, so if they worked on the above issues it could be a refreshing change from the more manic series.

Nightmist

Nov 11, 2009
Meh.
I agree: it's the unfunny rip-off of Doomsday Arcade. Not the sort of thing that makes me wish for a whole series.

Next!

ERasER619

Editor of LevelUpComics.com
Jul 31, 2009
I would have voted for this video if they had said, just once 'I hope this next leap, is the leap home'

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
http://www.amazon.com/Wild-Planet-70079-Safe-Cracker/dp/B00023HUXA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1260630038&sr=8-2

^this is what the inter dimensional thingy actually was

Mischievous Beta

Dec 9, 2009
@williebaz: How did you find out- do you own one? We got it at Goodwill, but didn't know what it was. We didn't find out what it was supposed to be until a couple days later when I figured out it had a door that could open.found the button to open the door. The instructions were on the inside.

Mischievous Beta

Dec 9, 2009
@GuiltBlade: I thought it turned out fairly well considering we did the whole thing in less than a week. If we budget our time better, the quality of the next episodes will only get better.

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
It's a good try, however, quite disjointed. The point in the actual video was lacking. You introduced characters that seem to disappear. You also didn't explain anything, and setup nothing to continue the series (batteries granted, but I didn't feel any "draw" to the movie).

So it's a 'Gamers' Sliders (anyone old enough here to remember that show?), I get that. But, you didn't explain how the travel works. Does it carry everyone? Does it create a portal (ala Sliders) that you must jump through? There was a disjointed concept there.

Anyways, nice try, but I would have given it an audience other than yourselves before submitting.