The Escapist Film Festival 2009: Pitch Imperfect: "Controversial Elements"

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Pitch Imperfect: "Controversial Elements"

A pitch for a game that features nearly every real and imagined controversial element in electronic games of the last thirty years.

Watch Video

paralost

Aug 7, 2009
that was really funny. the only problem is now what do you talk about in future episodes?

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
Yeah, I liked it, but where do you go from there?
That's a problem with many of these videos, how are they sup[posed to be continued?
Since you referenced just about every videogame controversy in that video.

Macar

Jun 16, 2009
Dont let any studios see this or they'll steal your great game idea. :)

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
"Controversial Elements" was envisioned as a first in a series of game proposals, thus the name "Pitch Imperfect". A few other ideas, from the top of the brain:

Envisioning a cutesy corporate mascot character's future development (having already been featured in platform games and then moving on to racers, RPGS, and drop-three puzzle games, as well as having had a human love interest, gone the "dark brooding hero" route, and picked up a substantial entourage of side-characters)- "Extreme" sports games? cooking games? Bass-fishing games...?

[Attempted] justifications for every annoying feature in MMORPGS...

Movie tie-ins for movies that have absolutely no good reason to have a video game associated with them... ("It's 'LEGO: Antichrist'!")

Gratuitous uses of interface ("You shake the IPhone back and forth diagonally to make an 'X', and then spin it around in a circle to make an 'O'")...

Etc.

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
I also ask, where would you go from here?

Secondly, I would so play that game.

"What's the point?"
"Heh, you think there's a point in this game."

Donrad

Aug 21, 2008
sounds like an awesome game.. i like how you tied in a couple other games just so it would make even less sence.. niice