The Escapist Film Festival 2009: 'Spider-Man' in 60 seconds

ExcaliburBrothers

Dec 1, 2009
'Spider-Man' in 60 seconds

With an all-original cast, we've captured and compressed the essence of Spider-Man into a mere 60 seconds.

Watch Video

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
It definitely needs some improvement. But as a concept it's pretty damn good. It seemed similar to a live action version of "How It Should Have Ended" to me, but that's by no means a bad thing. As we saw with Unskippable, originality isn't necessarily a requirement for a good video. On the whole, I liked it. It made me laugh, and it's one of the better videos I've seen so far. With a bit of work, this could be great. Definitely one to watch :D.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
He he he he he, this is good.

Obviously, if you had a higher budget it could have turned out more refined, but as a contest entry it's pretty gosh darn good.

With Great power comes great responsibility!

Pffft What ever.

Mr. Blond

Mar 4, 2009
great...really...reminds me of "be kind rewind" and i loved that sh*t...shame it's so short...tied for my favoprite so far

DRMaddock

Nov 23, 2009
It reminded me of "How It Should Have Ended" or the 30 Second Bunny Theater, but I still enjoyed it. Especially the graveyard scene.

Angrypudding

Dec 11, 2009
Umm I'm confused about the concept. How would this turn into a series? Shame really I liked the acting and it was really funny. Would you do multiple episodes featuring different movies/games in 60 seconds? If so, its not explained.

GuiltBlade

Nov 6, 2009
It got a laugh, if nothing else because of the 'what the hell' side of things.
Funny, needs improvement but I don't think you can build a series out of this really.
Acting was fitting, could use some better props and sets but then it is the pilot so no doubt that would come later.
I shal now have to flip a coin on which to vote for.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
It's quality seems like it could use some work, but I honestly think that's part of the charm, I mean the whole thing honestly had me laughing.

The ending especially, "I'm Spiderman!"
I was laughing pretty hard at that.

I like it.

lookingforloper

Dec 11, 2009
thank you for not having MJ throw some Tiger line in there...probably would have had to follow it up with some hookers standing on the street...but then again while that may be funny, it's not part of the movie. anywho, not bad, got a good laugh. i think i would just have issues getting into this. every episode 60 seconds long? or would you expand it? maybe that can be explained. saving the vote.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Pallindromemordnillap said:
Not one mention of "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"
I'm very disappointed
:p
He said that in the car with his response being "Pfft whatever".

Funny little movie though. Theres potentially hundreds movies you could do something like this so it could go really far but the idea has been done alot before to be quite honest. However that matters not when it is humorous.

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
Xaxir said:
It reminded me of "How It Should Have Ended" or the 30 Second Bunny Theater, but I still enjoyed it. Especially the graveyard scene.
Or 5 second movies form "That guy with the glasses"

Vimbert

Aug 15, 2009
It's been done before, and it's been done better, but you still do it fairly well.

SirJ

Dec 11, 2009
I liked this, but it did remind me of HISHE or Bunnies. Did make me laugh a few times though, huge fan of Spiderman and the first film and thought this reflected a similar respect for the source material so well done there.

Not bad at all, keep working on it.

data_not_found

Nov 12, 2008
Eh, needs to be a little faster paced to be funny. It feels like it kind of drags right now, but with a little work, it really could be awesome.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
judging voice: could be more tongue in cheek to excuse any production qualities (not to mention an overall stronger tone)

me: voting now!

data_not_found said:
Eh, needs to be a little faster paced to be funny. It feels like it kind of drags right now, but with a little work, it really could be awesome.