The Escapist Film Festival 2009: The Princess and the POD

InventiveHero

Oct 2, 2008
The Princess and the POD

Princess Josselyn of the planet Saskabooblian leads an easy but boring and sheltered life, until one day when she is accidentally picked up by a crew of misfit freelance couriers. Quickly finding themselves the catalyst for a grand interstellar war, they must now not only find a way to return Josselyn safely and clear their names, but hopefully put a stop to the impending war as well.

The Princess and the POD is a science fiction comedy, completely shot in green screen and placed within a stylized 3D CGI world.

Watch Video

Woem

May 28, 2009
This video has got my vote, it was absolutely stunning in every way possible. Nice work folks!

Mr. Blond

Mar 4, 2009
not enough funny but good set-up for the start of the series and so far the most original look

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Funny, good idea, Game-Related Props ( I saw the Snes Cartridge and Guitar Hero Drums ) but feels like some comedy sitcom that belongs on BBC 1.

InventiveHero

Oct 2, 2008
There's another layer of comedy to the ships console, the N64 cartridge that acts as the navigation control is Starfox64.

Thank you everyone for watching and for the amazing comments so far!

Woem

May 28, 2009
I'm glad to see that my daily votes keep getting you closer to the first page!

hanuelsky7

Dec 15, 2009
I found it to be extremely original. I think the funny could be spruced up, but other than that, I found it very entertaining. Nice work.

jmundy5

Dec 15, 2009
Design on this is really fun. Nice job! Agreed that the funny could be amped up, but I think that will come with further story development. Looking forward to it!