The Escapist Film Festival 2009: Virtual Reality: Episode 01, Zelda

Taylor_DeSousa

Dec 9, 2009
Virtual Reality: Episode 01, Zelda

Two broke collage kids recreate some of the average actions of their favorite video game characters. Limited man power, funds, resources, and lack of artistic ability come together to create a train wreck piece of programming distinctly Canadian, and difficult to look away from.

Watch Video

Mr. Blond

Mar 4, 2009
most original idea i've seen yet...haven't seen many but still it made me laugh a few times

CTG13Punk

Oct 2, 2009
i like this...oh and by the way the legend of zelda thing isnt public domain it wont be public domain until the guy who got the original copyright on that game dies PLUS 70 years so it wont be public domain till you and i are both long dead

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
Putting aside the fact that you don't have the best equipment for editing and your demonstration pictures are by no stretch of imagination fantastic, this was awesome.

It's very original and I'm always willing to see something as entertaining as this, if you're willing to keep taking the pain of experimenting...

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Did you seriously stand there firing flares at a piece of freakin' glass in your friend's hand? So many things could have gone wrong with that...

Also, please do not kill a turtle!

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
Most original idea I've seen so far, though it's a shame about the equipment. You guys would be great to watch, though I don't see how you'll be able to do much more.
But I wish ye the best of luck, anyway!

Taylor_DeSousa

Dec 9, 2009
Well, the idea for longevity is that we're going to tackle a different game each episode. So the next one would be Mario, then stuff like metal gear solid and the like. We're throwing different ideas around thinking of ways we can make sure it won't get stale, but if we get picked up we'd definitely appreciate your feedback.

Oh, and Punk, thanks for the info. I had no idea how much footage we could actually take from the source material without getting sued, hence the dog in the Link costume...

asshat

Dec 12, 2009
This is total crap, i have neverbeen more offended im my life you should be very sad about what you are doing!

Nerf Man

Dec 12, 2009
Mr. Blond said:
most original idea i've seen yet...haven't seen many but still it made me laugh a few times
i don't think it is original, it seems like a jackass imitation. they are finding reasons to hurt each other

Dr.Horrible13

Dec 5, 2009
PLEASE IF YOU DONT WIN MAKE A SITE AND PUT THE SERIES ON IT I will toon in if you do...I cant believe it bounced of the sheild omg!

Angrypudding

Dec 11, 2009
Neat idea. Like Jackass, and Mythbusters rolled into one through video games! I like this one better than Dorian and Troll Cartoon. A+ for Balls to do those stunts.

cyce3

May 18, 2009
This was very good and well made considering the budget, I was thouroughly entertained throughout. Well Done! :D

Zosephine

Dec 4, 2008
I like the concept, but your execution scares me. I can't see this going anywhere that is safe. The
Angrypudding said:
Like Jackass, and Mythbusters rolled into one through video games
idea is cool and all, but shooting flares at your buddy while he holds a homemade shield to his face is frightening. I was cringing during that entire sequence (well, except for the "pew pew pew," that was funny).