The Escapist Film Festival 2010: Nintendobo

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
It feels broken, I feel broken for watching it...... I'm off to find my missing peice and start rolling.....

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
I can see some people liking this, but this just seems way too unappealing for a general audience. I personally had a wtf face the entire time.

DyeDoe

Nov 3, 2010
This is terrible.

I'm all for creating a series that shows a different (extremely dark) side of video gaming but suicide? Child-alcoholism? Neglectful parenting? A painful divorce?

And all together?! AND (importantly) NO engaging plot?

Maybe the fact that this show demonstrated extreme "escapism" ('scuse the pun...) warranted it making the first cut but....wtf. I feel like I've wasted time watching this...

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
What the hell... I don't know what I just watched but I really want to see where this is going xD

I don't get why everyone is hating on this so much, I'm not usually a fan of black comedy either assuming that's what this is x3 Whatever it was I really enjoyed it.

FlitterFilms

Oct 29, 2010
Holy shit this is brilliant! Ignore everyone who didn't like it, fair enough it might not have been to their taste, the dark humour isn't for everyone but that doesn't make this film any less amazing.

Unfortunately I'm not sure it'll find a home on the escapist as lets be honest most people come on this site to be entertained rather than moved but as a short film this is absolute fucking genius and I salute you.

Swishdude

Nov 21, 2009
They will say it's stupid and terrible.

Do not listen.

What you have demonstrated in this video is well realized humour, drama, and violence. Dancing very close with David Lynch created views of surrealism. You have a clear narrative that takes work to find, and that is something special. I can't imagine you could sway the masses with this video. This short shows something better then a web series.

rythter

Jul 20, 2009
not good BAD please dont vote for this vote for the rvb clone, anything but this

FlitterFilms

Oct 29, 2010
Vignette said:

Do not listen.

What you have demonstrated in this video is well realized humour, drama, and violence. Dancing very close with David Lynch created views of surrealism. You have a clear narrative that takes work to find, and that is something special. I can't imagine you could sway the masses with this video. This short shows something better then a web series.
I agree whole heartedly. This film is great but this isn't really the place for it, hence the very mixed reviews. A lot of people on here are just looking to be entertained not intellectually and emotionally challenged.

The above statement makes me sound like a complete arthouse dickhead but I don't care, I thought this film was solid gold.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
FlitterFilms said:
Vignette said:

Do not listen.

I agree whole heartedly. This film is great but this isn't really the place for it, hence the very mixed reviews. A lot of people on here are just looking to be entertained not intellectually and emotionally challenged.

The above statement makes me sound like a complete arthouse dickhead but I don't care, I thought this film was solid gold.
I think it deserves a place on this site. A little emotion isn't a bad thing, and in the end of the day it's still comedy.

It might feel out of place at first but I think it'd settle in well.

Savant Crime

Aug 23, 2010
Damn that was wonderful. From top to bottom amazing. However... I do have to agree with the above poster: I don't think it would do well here.

Sadly.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
I don't know what to think, really. I mean, I could tell right from the start that it was going to be something tragic. But as it got started I really couldn't stop watching.

Objective standpoint: Well written, great concept. The directing was fantastic. The music and whole atmosphere really conveyed the themes effectively.

Subjective standpoint: It wasn't really for me. I wouldn't watch it again, and I wouldn't watch a whole series on it.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Dexiro said:
FlitterFilms said:
Vignette said:

Do not listen.

I think it deserves a place on this site. A little emotion isn't a bad thing, and in the end of the day it's still comedy.

It might feel out of place at first but I think it'd settle in well.
I didn't like it. I thought it was depressing, and not particularly enriching.

I guess that also means I don't understand art.

Now I'm really depressed.

Oh well. Back to work, I guess...

NotSoNimble

Aug 10, 2010
Please win. If you don't win, give us another episode anyway!

I have never seen such emotional entertainment on this site before. I would love it if you stayed. We need more dark humor.

The song at the end was priceless. Best remake I've heard in a long time.

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
To those who don't know about this film, he participated last year. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-film-festival-2009/1020-Nintendobo-Dr-Mario-Says-Eat-Mommys-Pills] I found strange that last year's was done by Decovo Studios, now it's Lumalin Productions.

An good explanation would do.

King Kool

Sep 26, 2010
I liked this OK, I thought it was brave, but if this was a series, where on Earth would it GO?