The Escapist Film Festival 2010: Pro-gamer Gauntlet: Demo

Paul Hearding

Creator of Pro-gamer Gauntlet
Oct 1, 2010
Pro-gamer Gauntlet: Demo

Pro-gamer Gauntlet is a business that employs 11 elite gamers, each a master of a different genre. What does this business do? Well, simply put, they are personal trainers...for gamers.

In this series you will encounter not only the "office" (basement) humor, but also action and adventure through various missions that the employees will have to complete.

***This is just the Demo version. To see more, please upgrade to the full version.***

Watch Video

Zearus

Nov 2, 2010
Awesommmmmme!!

Hi everyone, I was the client that received "training" by getting sand kicked in his face and getting tortured ... Thanks for making me famous Paul! After seeing the Final Vid, the results looks great!..even if its at the expense of my well being.

More importantly, Thank You PgG for making me a better gamer. Forced training is really doing the trick. :)

Guys don't forget to call 1-555-IMA-ROOK to better yourselves as gamers!! Friendly face to face help, that will never let you go by keeping you there so you can't "come back" for more! :D

So I posted. Can the Horror Master untie me yet? :)
(someone save me!) :)

The Chad

Oct 24, 2010
nice vid,

this is the second best video on this thing next to Josh & Chad: Cooperators [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-film-festival-2010/2271-Josh-Chad-Cooperators]

bitches

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
I'm sorry, it didn't cut it for me. You had some good ideas and it looked awesome, but the acting was way over the top and nothing in it kept me interested.

satansgrandma

Nov 2, 2010
personally i think this video pretty much rolls everyone else, the idea is crazy and the characters (that we were introduced to) are in-your-face awesome, and the last little bit at the end was funny too.

best of luck PgG.

Paul Hearding

Oct 1, 2010
Thanks for your feedback, satansgrandma. I don't think my video "rolls" everyone else, there are a lot of good entrants this year.

If you enjoyed the few characters that you saw, just wait until you get to meet all 11.

Paul Hearding

Oct 1, 2010
Alright, some love for the RPG master!

I won't tell him, though. That just might make his ego even bigger.

eafkuor

Nov 2, 2010
This is my favourite entry in the contest. It looks like it can have some interesting development

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
From the 14 videos I've watched today, this one seems to be at the top, sharing the place with one other video. Really like the style of it all.
And the RPG Master seemed superb! That part when he was shoveling sand to a guy who only had 3/4 of his last heart left was hilarious in a over-the-top-cruel way. Seriously, the poor dude was wearing one of those propeller-hats...
But yeah, RPG master seems to be the most awesome.

The only things i would whine about would be a bit of weird acting from Lara Croft and the Retro master. But only a little.

Paul Hearding

Oct 1, 2010
Awesome feedback, guys. RPG seems to be the fan fav so far.

As for seeing more Retro stuff, don't worry. All games and genres will be hit upon. We just were trying to get the major idea out in 5 minutes or less. That is why we have 11 characters after all!

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
Yep I like It. I thought the over the top acting was pretty fantastic. FPS master needs to NOT be dressed as Laura Croft however. That was the only problem I had.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
This was good. A little too much exposition, but I guess that can't be helped when you only have five minutes. The interactions between the people were good, I'd like to see more of that. I'd assume that would be the case if this becomes a full series.

One minor thing is that the room with Retro and FPS seems kind of small. It makes the shots looked cramped. A bigger room might be a better location.

Paul Hearding

Oct 1, 2010
dubious_wolf said:
Yep I like It. I thought the over the top acting was pretty fantastic. FPS master needs to NOT be dressed as Laura Croft however. That was the only problem I had.
Haha. Knew the Croft comment was coming! That will be addressed in episode 1. You'll see.

I do not play a character in the series. I am the writer/director/editor.

FoxHoleuk

Sep 30, 2009
Good video guys. Really had some funny moments. Will be voting for Jump the Shark though because I think the editing and camera work was slightly better.