The Escapist Film Festival 2010: Pro-gamer Gauntlet: Demo

asiansim

Nov 4, 2010
I just watched it again! I really want to see more of it, when can we look forward to new stuff?

Paul Hearding

Creator of Pro-gamer Gauntlet
Oct 1, 2010
Thanks for all the feedback. We are all excited about the positive responses we are getting.

asiansim said:
when can we look forward to new stuff?
Well, now that certainly depends on the outcome of the contest. But, we have had several film sessions and are having another one tomorrow. So, new content should follow rather quickly. We have big plans for this series and sincerely hope we get the chance to share it with all of you.

Moon_Called

Mar 21, 2009
Oh wow, I really enjoyed this. Paul, I've been seeing your avatar a lot on the threads lately, so it's cool to see you made something really awesome. I love the RPG master. And the Platform master is just epic.
I'm definitely rooting for you. Good luck, guys! =D

Paul Hearding

Oct 1, 2010
@Moon_Called: Thanks for your support, I'm glad you liked it.

If anyone out there still has any questions about our show, I'd be happy to answer them.

I'd personally like to thank everyone who has given us support or criticism over the past week and hope that most of you were entertained by our 5-minute submission.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
Pretty kickass so far. Horror reminds me of the phantom of the office from college humor. Although I think racing could have been covered under sports but, whatever. Hope I get to see some creepy character development from Horror. IMA VOTE 4 U

BossBattleE

Nov 4, 2010
Haha. Love it guys. Loved it. I wish I wasn't stuck at Fort Leavenworth so I could participate in these videos, but otherwise great, great stuff. I do have to agree with some of the other comments though, the chick who is the 'new' FPS master.... really sucked. SORRY WHOEVER YOU ARE!

Other than that, loved seeing alot of the old crew in the videos, including Sam! Where the hell did you get him to do this?!?! And Mike?! Rodger, you were funny as per usual though not sure why you're the retro master when I spank you in every old game we've ever played together. HA! Anyways, I'm rambling. Great video guys. I voted for it every day I could. When I come home on leave, you gotta let me get in on the greatest.

Paul Hearding

Oct 1, 2010
Thanks to everyone for their support.

We will be continuing this series over at www.progamergauntlet.com. We hope to see you there! We have awesome forums set up over there as well.

Arren Kae

Nov 10, 2010
lol @ 1:51 His delivery's great.

Why didn't this entrant or the Show about Games Show use atleast airsoft guns. They look more realistic.

4:08 :)

Penn0086

Nov 2, 2010
snappier editing? I don't think I've seen a comment so vaguely unhelpful in my life, what does this mean? I thought the editing was pretty good.

satansgrandma

Nov 2, 2010
Penn0086 said:
snappier editing? I don't think I've seen a comment so vaguely unhelpful in my life, what does this mean? I thought the editing was pretty good.
far be it from us to question such judgment! obviously we are missing something which renders our votes/opinions void. This one sentence judgment is all we get as commentary for this submission being passed over.

Paul Hearding

Oct 1, 2010
Your votes and opinions are far from void, satansgandma! We are going to continue the project, because we have such an awesome series in the works. The PgG crew has heard your voice and we thank all the viewers for their votes. After all, our video did win Viewer's Choice, so there must be a lot of people out there who like what we're doing.

We are wrapping up filming our first episode and, unless someone picks us up, we can be found on our website:
www.progamergauntlet.com

Hop over there and join our forums. PgG is going to be a fun ride for all.

Thanks to the Escapist community for their support!

Paul Hearding

Oct 1, 2010
For those of you who want to see more, we've released our first full episode at:

www.progamergauntlet.com

Check it out and let us know what you think! This series is going to be awesome.

Paul Hearding

Oct 1, 2010
We now have 3 videos posted every week at www.progamergauntlet.com!

Be sure to check it out (and don't forget to tell your friends).