The Escapist Film Festival 2010: Scars

Dak_N_Jaxter

Oct 23, 2009
Scars

I've created something a little sketchy for a story based mini series.
Its not exactly a Pilot, but it'll give you a basic outline of what it's all about.
And here's a little Devi-page I whipped up if you're interested.

http://escapistscars.deviantart.com/gallery/

Enjoy =)

Watch Video

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
This could use some actual footage, but it still looks fine. I'd like to see more, if only to see where it goes.

Dak_N_Jaxter

Oct 23, 2009
randommaster said:
This could use some actual footage, but it still looks fine. I'd like to see more, if only to see where it goes.
You mean like I should have made an actual episode instead of a trailer, or it should have been live action?

marginal

Mar 21, 2009
Dak_N_Jaxter said:
randommaster said:
You mean like I should have made an actual episode instead of a trailer, or it should have been live action?
I'm pretty sure he meant actual episode. Regardless, it looks pretty promising to me.

Dak_N_Jaxter

Oct 23, 2009
marginal said:
Dak_N_Jaxter said:
randommaster said:
I'm pretty sure he meant actual episode. Regardless, it looks pretty promising to me.
*face palm* Of course he did, I wasn't thinking (there was a freaking tank).

Anyways, thanks :)

Moon_Called

Mar 21, 2009
Easily the best animation I've seen so far in this contest. Looks interesting, but at the same time, like an average webcomic. Still, I'm interested in seeing where this goes, but I would have preferred to see an actual episode. Do you have the series done, or just a few clips?

Dak_N_Jaxter

Oct 23, 2009
Moon_Called said:
Easily the best animation I've seen so far in this contest. Looks interesting, but at the same time, like an average webcomic. Still, I'm interested in seeing where this goes, but I would have preferred to see an actual episode. Do you have the series done, or just a few clips?
Thanks. Its good to hear that.
And yeah, I can see what you mean by being web comic like.
And about the animations, I've got a few ideas for the early episodes and where I want it to go, and I have got a few practice animations done for them, but I'm not sure whether I'll end up using them.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Dak_N_Jaxter said:
marginal said:
Dak_N_Jaxter said:
randommaster said:

Misreading something on the internet? We can't have that, now can we. The agents will arrive at your house shortly.

Anyways. yeah, unless you've already made some episodes and these are actual clips from them, showing the first minute or two of an actual episode would have been a good idea. Still, this was awesome.

Dak_N_Jaxter

Oct 23, 2009
randommaster said:
Dak_N_Jaxter said:
marginal said:
Dak_N_Jaxter said:
randommaster said:

Misreading something on the internet? We can't have that, now can we. The agents will arrive at your house shortly.

Anyways. yeah, unless you've already made some episodes and these are actual clips from them, showing the first minute or two of an actual episode would have been a good idea. Still, this was awesome.
I suppose that would have been a better to get across the way the show's meant to be, as opposed to making a mostly humour oriented promo.