The Escapist Film Festival 2010: The Adventures of Zebra Santa and Sometimes Other People too

Omid Niliaram

Feb 27, 2010
The Adventures of Zebra Santa and Sometimes Other People too

The super hero Zebra Santa investigates a bank robbery, Zombie Genghis Kahn attacks Romania, and Snake hides behind a box. The pilot features all 3 main character, but future episodes will only feature 1 character at a time.

Watch Video

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
It was the greatest thing I ever seed!

Although some of the screams where a bit odd.

Reverend Del

Feb 17, 2010
Enjoyed this, though the voices could do with some work. A little more enthusiasm wouldn't go amiss I'm sure.

Omid Niliaram

Feb 27, 2010
Thanks for the comments and for watching! After discovering I wasn't on the first cut list I just had to play "don't stop believing" by Journey. Heh, gotta have a little hope.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Machinima, very cool. The dialogue's really slow, though, and it would help a lot if the lines were read with more energy.

mm2publish

Oct 23, 2010
randommaster said:
Machinima, very cool. The dialogue's really slow, though, and it would help a lot if the lines were read with more energy.

Also toward the end you can hear a dog barking outside, and a fly buzzing around your computer, and an airplane circling your house. I noticed no one else said anything about this, and it may have gone unnoticed but I listen with headphones and it's very obvious with them. You really stood a chance for making first cut but you need to clean up the audio and work on the dialogue!

Omid Niliaram

Feb 27, 2010
mm2publish said:
randommaster said:

Also toward the end you can hear a dog barking outside, and a fly buzzing around your computer, and an airplane circling your house. I noticed no one else said anything about this, and it may have gone unnoticed but I listen with headphones and it's very obvious with them. You really stood a chance for making first cut but you need to clean up the audio and work on the dialogue!
LoL those sounds were background noises from the actual little big planet level. Also if you notice when you hear the airplane the Romanian is actually looking up at the sky, which was totally by accident. I tried to lower the background sound because of the fly making the noise, but in hindsight maybe I should have just added background music.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well that was something new. And i like machinamas. This one was pretty funny, but i have to agree that the dialogue is just a tad slow for my taste, but that's my opinion.
But overall, it was nice. Also, the sombrero part was very funny. It was quite an memorable quote.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
One question will you ever have a different chacter for a single episode once in a while?
Or just those three?

Omid Niliaram

Feb 27, 2010
imnotparanoid said:
One question will you ever have a different chacter for a single episode once in a while?
Or just those three?
If we did ever have a new main character we would probably make a detective character. But each character's story has a wide variety of different characters, so it might not be necessary. For instance Zebra Santa gets many different sidekicks like business casual cheshire cat because they keep dying. Except for Hepatitis C who just keeps getting injured instead of dying. Zebra Santa also has many different villains like trench coat ninja besides just Antler Monkey.

Also when Zombie Genghis Kahn takes over a country and kills it's leader he usually turns them into a zombie and has them join his zombie army as well as enlisting other mystical creatures like Dracula. Genghis also has rivals who are also trying to take over the world like the Alligator King. Genghis doesn't just take over countries in episodes. In one episode we have planned he has a strategy meeting with his zombie generals.

Solid Snake's story and character we sadly couldn't really show off because we only had 5 minutes. But in his we have Otacon talking to snake via codec, but Otacon is a lot different because of a certain life decision. We also have Snake going on missions, which are given to him by a mysterious individual. This post is way too long I'm gonna stop now.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Omid Niliaram said:
imnotparanoid said:
Or just those three?
If we did ever have a new main character we would probably make a detective character. But each character's story has a wide variety of different characters, so it might not be necessary. For instance Zebra Santa gets many different sidekicks like business casual cheshire cat because they keep dying. Except for Hepatitis C who just keeps getting injured instead of dying. Zebra Santa also has many different villains like trench coat ninja besides just Antler Monkey.

Also when Zombie Genghis Kahn takes over a country and kills it's leader he usually turns them into a zombie and has them join his zombie army as well as enlisting other mystical creatures like Dracula. Genghis also has rivals who are also trying to take over the world like the Alligator King. Genghis doesn't just take over countries in episodes. In one episode we have planned he has a strategy meeting with his zombie generals.

Solid Snake's story and character we sadly couldn't really show off because we only had 5 minutes. But in his we have Otacon talking to snake via codec, but Otacon is a lot different because of a certain life decision. We also have Snake going on missions, which are given to him by a mysterious individual. This post is way too long I'm gonna stop now.
sounds good, I wish you luck.

TheNoirGuy

Feb 24, 2008
Hmmm, kind of a sneaky way around animating, but still pretty funny at times! I think your comedic writing could use work but the visual gags were straight on! God luck!

ardy0330

Nov 5, 2010
I love this video, it's got a very funny and great story to it and the sound impressions are great and tasteful. Thank you Omid and Adam, great job.

Best of Luck,
Ardy

Omid Niliaram

Feb 27, 2010
Reverend Del said:
Enjoyed this, though the voices could do with some work. A little more enthusiasm wouldn't go amiss I'm sure.
randommaster said:
Owlslayer said:
Well that was something new. And i like machinamas. This one was pretty funny, but i have to agree that the dialogue is just a tad slow for my taste, but that's my opinion.
But overall, it was nice. Also, the sombrero part was very funny. It was quite an memorable quote.
I really apreciate the feedback. Can you guys tell me specifically which lines or characters could be improved? This would really improve our machinima.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Omid Niliaram said:
Reverend Del said:
randommaster said:
Owlslayer said:
I really apreciate the feedback. Can you guys tell me specifically which lines or characters could be improved? This would really improve our machinima.
The dialogue in general has pauses when switching between speakers in addition to having slow pacing in general. Making sore that the lines are read quickly would help a lot.