The Escapist Forum Badge Gallery - [ WE HAVE MOVED... AGAIN ]

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
TimeLord said:
Is there still an issue with the Limited Edition AStW badge? I got it last week sometime.

Excellent new badge gallery by the way ;)
Actually they started handing out last week when I contacted the Tech Team about it and they found and fixed the issue with them. :p

And thanks.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
So yeah, swap Wolfenstein with April Fools [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1591-April-Fools] on the Yahtzee thing.
Thanks for reminding me. I've also moved the whole of the Other Available Badges section into the second post in anticipation for when we have to put up all the new content badges.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
Also, you have a typo on 'cluck yeah, baby!' - it says 'chuck' instead of 'cluck'.

We never found out what that was for...

EDIT: also, seeing as WarCry is a dead site, is the contributor badge available there? Or should we just push it to unavailable?
Changed, and I think it was just something like the pony badge for staff to give out for fun. I think I also remember [user]vansau[/user] saying something similar when someone contacted him about it.

Actually, WarCry still gets the occasional piece of content, it's just that it doesn't get new content that often. Their most recent article was posted earlier this month [http://www.warcry.com/news/view/109762-Realms-Online-Offers-In-Game-Exclusives-to-Escapist-Members], but their second most recent was put up in early March 2011.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
I'm still trying to work out how to get the beard and biff!!! badges.

Biff!!!: Is the biff!!! badge reliant on doing something with your profile and the originator spotting it?

Beard: I think I've found the originator and I've activated 'Beiber'. Am I on the right track? and what do I do now?

EDIT: ...hmm...seems the Bieber thing is something completely different I've stumbled on...

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
TwistedEllipses said:
I'm still trying to work out how to get the beard and biff!!! badges.

Biff!!!: Is the biff!!! badge reliant on doing something with your profile and the originator spotting it?

Beard: I think I've found the originator and I've activated 'Beiber'. Am I on the right track? and what do I do now?

EDIT: ...hmm...seems the Bieber thing is something completely different I've stumbled on...
To my knowledge Biff! is now unavailable as the person who originally handed out the badge for meeting its requirements no longer works for The Escapist. Whether or not another person has since or will take up that position I don't know. I wouldn't be able to help you anyway as Biff is one of the ones I never worked out either.

As for the Beard badge, if you think you've found the person who has the original badge then the rest of what you have to do is pretty much in the badge's description (what you see alongside it in a user's badge list). Sorry for the vague clue, it's just that with badges like that we prefer leaving it as a mystery for people to figure out.

Oh and yeah, Beiber is completely unrellated. That was just made yesterday as a joke.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
Zombie_Fish said:
To my knowledge Biff! is now unavailable as the person who originally handed out the badge for meeting its requirements no longer works for The Escapist. Whether or not another person has since or will take up that position I don't know. I wouldn't be able to help you anyway as Biff is one of the ones I never worked out either.

As for the Beard badge, if you think you've found the person who has the original badge then the rest of what you have to do is pretty much in the badge's description (what you see alongside it in a user's badge list). Sorry for the vague clue, it's just that with badges like that we prefer leaving it as a mystery for people to figure out.

Oh and yeah, Beiber is completely unrellated. That was just made yesterday as a joke.
Thanks for filling me in. I've found the original beard owner now and hopefully should get it soon...

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
*Testing*

I just posted and I see normal avatars, entered this thread, everything is normal. Yes, I pressed it, thanks for discussing it so much and making me just say "Fuck it" and click the damn thing.

Everything is normal for me. Nice try Escapist?

Eh. Now it's all there. Well I got a screenshot in beforehand.

Raikazu

Apr 15, 2009
I've watched all of the Zero Punctuation episodes, some more than once, but haven't got all the badges. Is this a time delay or would I have to watch them all again for it to now count?

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
Raikazu said:
I've watched all of the Zero Punctuation episodes, some more than once, but haven't got all the badges. Is this a time delay or would I have to watch them all again for it to now count?
Most badges are handed out once a day. If you haven't got them all by midday GMT talk to a system admin or re-watch all the episodes (you don't have to actually watch them, just visit the video pages)...

Gincairn

Jan 14, 2010
I'm still missing a few of the ZP ones, and I noticed that the "Red Button" doesn't appear to allow you to click it anymore. Or is that just me?

EDIT: Please disregard the red button section of the above comment. And I'm sorry, i'll never click something I've been told not to ever again.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Quoted from the old thread:

Aluminum76 said:
Either the second part of the beard badge is too literal, or a mind trick.

Or I could be over thinking this, by a lot.
There is no trickery in it. After finding the original, the rest of the task for the Beard Badge is self-explanatory.

Gincairn said:
I'm still missing a few of the ZP ones, and I noticed that the "Red Button" doesn't appear to allow you to click it anymore. Or is that just me?

EDIT: Please disregard the red button section of the above comment. And I'm sorry, i'll never click something I've been told not to ever again.
Like TwistedEllipses said above, my advice would probably be to click through each of the ZP videos again. You don't need to watch the videos again, as long as the page loads then it gets counted as you having watched the episode.

bride_of_lister

Dec 12, 2007
Huh. I'm not very active on the forums but I just got the "Lollipop" badge, like literally 20 minutes ago. I didn't do anything with the 2010 Halloween event, so I just got lucky?

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
bride_of_lister said:
Huh. I'm not very active on the forums but I just got the "Lollipop" badge, like literally 20 minutes ago. I didn't do anything with the 2010 Halloween event, so I just got lucky?
It was awarded for watching this episode [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/extra-credits/2216-Mailbag-1] of Extra Credits, which was featured in the 2010 Halloween Extravaganza [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/halloween.php]. The badge awards even if you don't get to the episode through the Halloween page and just happen to watch the episode.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
UlytimateDestruction said:
For the episode trophies do we have to watch the whole episode or can we just click on each and press the 'play' button?.
You don't even need to press the play button. As long as the page loads then it counts as having watched the episode.

Apr 21, 2011
Zombie_Fish said:
For the episode trophies do we have to watch the whole episode or can we just click on each and press the 'play' button?.
You don't even need to press the play button. As long as the page loads then it counts as having watched the episode.
Ok, thanks for the info!.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Zombie_Fish said:
SSSSHHHH!!!!

[sub]Don't let the young ones learn the secret![/sub]

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Zombie_Fish said:
I couple weeks back I opened up ever ZP vid in separate tabs and let them all play and didn't get the badge (what a waste of bandwidth). I just tried opening each vid in a new tab, letting the page load and closing the tab and I still haven't gotten it (big waste of time). I'm pretty sure that this badge is bugged.

I haven't seen anyone else here with the badge either.

EDIT: There we go. Just got it.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Redlin5 said:
SSSSHHHH!!!!

[sub]Don't let the young ones learn the secret![/sub]
It hardly counts as a secret if it's in the FAQ section of this thread. :p

MercurySteam said:
I couple weeks back I opened up ever ZP vid in separate tabs and let them all play and didn't get the badge (what a waste of bandwidth). I just tried opening each vid in a new tab, letting the page load and closing the tab and I still haven't gotten it (big waste of time). I'm pretty sure that this badge is bugged.

I haven't seen anyone else here with the badge either.

EDIT: There we go. Just got it.
I don't know why the badge didn't hand itself over the first time. Possibly some of the pages didn't fully load or something but I wouldn't be certain on that.

As for the second attempt, most badges don't hand themselves out instantly. Badges typically hand themselves out around 10:30 am GMT, which is why you may not receive a badge for a couple of hours at least.