Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
lacktheknack said:
Imp Emissary said:
lacktheknack said:
Imp Emissary said:
P.S. Why dose written have two t's, but writing only has one?

(Explanation for P.S. question: I hate spelling.)
does*

You're welcome.
:) Ha ha ha ha.

>_< You go to hell spelling! You go to Hell and you DIE!!!

:) Not you poster. Spelling itself.

Also, you didn't answer my question. :(
I'm not the guy you were talking to, I just popped by to pwn your spelling. He'll answer.
:) Oh, I know. He did. You could still at least answer the question if your going to poke fun though.

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
Pretty funny tbh, I saw about the Escapist being hacked on IGN. It was a moment of "ooooooh, that's why the site was down"

but, to my memory, nobody talked about it officially on the site.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Oh, that's why I couldn't get on the Escapist that one day?

Off-topic: I don't even need to watch the capcha ad anymore. It's always the same thing.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
artanis_neravar said:
AC10 said:
I don't understand the comic.
Did we get in trouble for talking about hacks?
we got hacked for all of the negative views on lulzsec
When? I sure didn't notice?

Also... Freedom by limiting freedom? Freedom of regulation by attacking those who oppose their views... And they want to team up with anon, while they attack people who use their freedom of speech...

I didn't get it still... Didn't find it funny... Penny arcade isn't funny for me anyway.

bob1052

Oct 12, 2010
SinisterGehe said:
artanis_neravar said:
AC10 said:

Also... Freedom by limiting freedom? Freedom of regulation by attacking those who oppose their views... And they want to team up with anon, while they attack people who use their freedom of speech...

I didn't get it still... Didn't find it funny... Penny arcade isn't funny for me anyway.
Lulzsec linked a page of anti Lulzsec stuff on Escapist via their twitter prior to the hack.

Lulzsec has never stood for freedom, only for the lulz.

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
Xzi said:
Made me lol. Well done.

Broady Brio said:
I don't get it.

I've never read a Penny Arcade comic. And now it's put me off forever. Seriously, only 3 boxes?
Escapist was DDOS'd by LulzSec for most of a day and was inaccessible because of it. You shouldn't need much more explanation than that.
If by "most of the day", you mean "30 minutes" then yes, you are right.

velcrokidneyz

Sep 28, 2010
Aidinthel said:
velcrokidneyz said:
am I the only person who has never heard of this lulzsec group before the recent hacks? i knew about anon but now i feel out of the loop. anyways i think all this shit is retarded and its just plain annoying now.
LulzSec is new, so of course you hadn't heard of them.
That explains a lot. thank you for the clarification.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
bob1052 said:
SinisterGehe said:
artanis_neravar said:
AC10 said:

Lulzsec linked a page of anti Lulzsec stuff on Escapist via their twitter prior to the hack.

Lulzsec has never stood for freedom, only for the lulz.
Didn't they just say they are teaming up with Anon to release internet from "corrupted government regulation"? Or did I mis-understand the news topic?

But whatever, they can't be really good at it if majority of people didn't even notice. It is like spraying graffiti on a that get covered painted over right after it, and the wall is in a dark corner away from the eyes of the public... Sure you did spray it, but no one notices it.

In my opinion, Keep posting negative views about Lulzsec... Internet is for discussion and sharing of ideas, not to be a playground of immature twats...

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I turn my back for a day and the Escapist gets hacked!

IS EVERYONE ALRIGHT!

Someone do a head count.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
lacktheknack said:
Imp Emissary said:
P.S. Why dose written have two t's, but writing only has one?

(Explanation for P.S. question: I hate spelling.)
does*

You're welcome.
Also, you only put a comma before a but if the but is followed by a complete sentance.

There is no need to thank me.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
imnotparanoid said:
goldengirl said:
GeorgW said:
Discussion value?
I agree.

[HEADING=1]OFFICIAL THREAD DERAIL - AUTHORIZED BY THE RED GUARDS[/HEADING]

[HEADING=2]THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT THE MANY USES ONE MIGHT FIND WITH A DECK OF PLAYING CARDS[/HEADING]​

Discuss.
I reject your answer, I choose the impossible, I say,
[HEADING=1]This thread is now ponies![/HEADING]
and by the magic of old spice guy:

O.T. I found it pretty funny

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
Such a shame that we have to be bullied into silence by this crap. Hackers are allowed to cavort about the internet, stealing and revealing whatever they want with impunity, yet if a site wants to have a discussion/rant-fest about it in their forums, they become a target. At least government censorship creates jobs.

Hristo Tzonkov

Apr 5, 2010
Heh I giggled cause that's what really happened.If it weren't for me following Lulzsec's twitter I'd never know the Escapist was hacked.We did kinda bring it down ourselves tho.None of the Escapist staff openly decided to take any side on the hacking/piracy deal while the users decided to be really open about it.

OutforEC

Professional Amateur
Jul 20, 2010
Sudenak said:
And while it's true that they're just doing mean things, the complete and utter rage spewed out whenever this stuff is even mentioned seems to utterly ignore the most important lesson: every single online company promising that your personal information is safe is utterly lying to you. That's a pretty big issue to deal with. But it's being glossed over because "Lulzsec is mean".
By this day and age most people, and especially most gamers, should realize that if it's online it can be hacked, so Lulz isn't doing anyone any favors by pointing out the obvious.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Why is the Escapsit depicted as a scrawny, scruffy guy? :p
Are we not big and tough and manly? No? Ok xD
Still made me laugh though!