The Escapist Makes Time's Top 50 Website List

oathblade

Aug 16, 2009
You deserve it. The Escapist site and the wonderful folks there (that you see in vids and the ones you never see or hear in reviews) are just fantastic. Thank you for everything you do.

Dawn Patrol

Jul 29, 2011
I wouldn't say it's deserved given the way it's come out they've treated the site's contributors.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Congratulations, Escapist! Let's hope this recognition translates into furthered success.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
He he, being compared to Kill Screen, a website I still don't know whether to take seriously, even if I do like the crazy shit they say sometimes. But still, congrats, Escapulists.

On an incredibly tangential topic, I can't help twitching at the sentence 'How Jobs Works'.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Why the Steve Jobs cover for the image?

Anyway, congrats! I have a love/hate relationship with this site. But I'm still here...so...
Don't you know? Steve Jobs invented technology!

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
I always liked the Escapist b/c of its community/mods/writers/aura. Especially after I seeped over from the cesspool that is Gamefaqs

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
So google and facebook missed that list.

Seems legit.

Congrats escapist, but honestly. Facebook changed the way we use the internet.

CJSinc

May 1, 2011
Definitely deserved, excellent content, excellent community, keep it up everyone! :D

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
Congrats to the Escapist but there alot of dross on that list. NUmber 25 is Learnvest a "personal finance site for women" Number 37 is Klout which is an invasive piece of marketing drivel (current top score is Justin Bieber, says it all really) and number 9 is Proust, the shining beacon of the fact no-one cares about your humdrum existence

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
TypeSD said:
So google and facebook missed that list.

Seems legit.

Congrats escapist, but honestly. Facebook changed the way we use the internet.
I'm gonna take a while guess here and say they excluded a couple sites from the list simply because they've been high on the list in previous years. And no, facebook hasn't changed anything. Everything Facebook has done, from the image hosting to the E-friends to the social media based games, has been done before. Facebook has just been the most successful with it by bringing all of them together.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Greg Tito said:
The weekly news periodical Time has been around since the Roaring 20s and its pages have covered World War II, the lunar landing and Monica Lewinsky with equal importance.
Err... >wince< Equal depth, perhaps? Maybe equal insight? Not equal "importance", please...

Anyway, congratulations, Escapist.

-|-

Aug 28, 2010
Congratulations. With the amazingly high quality of all the other websites in the top 50 the escapist must have seen off some stiff competition. Well done to all concerned for being able to join such illustrious company; you've made the escapist a real beacon of excellence.