The Escapist Needs Your Help for "Best Online Magazine" Nominations

Mar 16, 2009
Voted from Facebook and Twitter.
In my defense, I made the Twitter to tell the story of self-aware, leftover chinese food in the back of a fridge, telling a story similar to that of the camps in Dakow, proving that even stale food could be more engrossing than any schmuck with an unwarranted sense of self importance on Twitter. Actually, I think pseudo-intellectual bullshit is worse than asinine updates about my life. But I got tired of the project anyway, now it's only being used to vote for the Escapist.
Point being that I voted.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
I voted ages ago. The Escapist has given me hours of fun, free entertainment. I may as well do something for them.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
you've got my vote! looking over it I am glad to see all these escapist votes, hope we win and badges too! a nice one beside my webby badge would do nicely =D

Pirce

Nov 5, 2008
I suppose the opinions of those of us without twitter or facebook accounts don't matter?

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Voted, and found out I had a "Twitter".

(I think Quake live gave me one... :/)

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Pirce said:
I suppose the opinions of those of us without twitter or facebook accounts don't matter?
Well of course all of our community counts but at this point in time (I'm not sure of the next phase for voting in the finals) that is the way Mashable is accepting votes. If you can find another way, please let me know and I'll post it.

noodles loves you

Nov 20, 2008
Have you considered just sitting back and seeing if your loyal fanbase will do this on their own initiative?

No? Well this makes sense too.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
BlueInkAlchemist said:
I did my part. Have you done yours?

...WELL HAVE YOU?
Yup.

I votededed! And then I baked cookies and threw them in the general direction of Escapist HQ for some reason...

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
noodles loves you said:
Have you considered just sitting back and seeing if your loyal fanbase will do this on their own initiative?

No? Well this makes sense too.
We hosted an event called the Gamer-lympics a while back. Had a site skin, ads up for it all over the place. Plenty of people took part and had a good time with it. And yet other people complained that they completely missed it because they "never heard about it, and why didn't we tell them????"

In other words, some people are quite adept at taking initiative. Others need a bit of a push.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
whooooaaaaaa, as far as I can tell, EVERYONE on the site's voted The Escapist for the best online magazine! Including myself ^^

Go us! wooooh!

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
If The Escapist is grand enough to be best internet magazine, it will not be needing my help to get there

That and I don't have a Twitter or Facebook account.

Feb 18, 2009
Since I have neither Twitter nor Facebook account (and am not going to get one. Ever.), I can´t be of assistance. Sorry.

Please don´t hate me now *sniff*. I still love you.

...Good luck.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Just nominated... as a side note, when I did, I noticed that 9 of the 15 most recent were also for The Escapist!