BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Jedamethis said:
BlueInkAlchemist said:
I did my part. Have you done yours?

...WELL HAVE YOU?
Yup.

I votededed! And then I baked cookies and threw them in the general direction of Escapist HQ for some reason...
Cookies are good things. They can go a long way in curing things like sadness, the erosion of the mind, and the sort of headaches that want to crush your soul the way steamrollers crush the house you grew up in to make room for a mini-mall.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
noodles loves you said:
Have you considered just sitting back and seeing if your loyal fanbase will do this on their own initiative?

No? Well this makes sense too.
We hosted an event called the Gamer-lympics a while back. Had a site skin, ads up for it all over the place. Plenty of people took part and had a good time with it. And yet other people complained that they completely missed it because they "never heard about it, and why didn't we tell them????"

In other words, some people are quite adept at taking initiative. Others need a bit of a push.
Besides, LadyLux [http://www.ladylux.com/] is doing the same thing. We'll fight fire with fire.

Incidentally, most users nominated "Escapist Magazine" or "www.escapistmagazine.com", but I nominated "The Escapist Magazine". That's not going to make a world of difference, is it? I hope not, because that would mean I wasted today's vote...

Robert632

May 11, 2009
isn't this technically advertising?

O.T: i would, but i don't want to touch twitter or facebook. for any reason.

Undercover

Jul 19, 2009
Sure thing, I'll forward you my PayPal information to make it easier for you guys to send me some "incentive."

I'd say about $3,000 Canadian dollars oughta do it, that's like $1.27 U.S. so it shouldn't hurt too much.

Then my vote and undying devotion are all yours!

At least until next year.

So who do I send the bill to?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Incredible Bullshitting Man said:
Since I have neither Twitter nor Facebook account (and am not going to get one. Ever.), I can´t be of assistance. Sorry.

Please don´t hate me now *sniff*. I still love you.

...Good luck.
Ditto. I refuse to have anything to do with those social-website... things.

Still, good luck to the Big E (or should I say little e?). Remember, kids, vote early and vote often!

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
My Twitter account has voted several times over the past few weeks for this site :)

>___> A little credit for turning you guys on to this?

Cpt. Red

Jul 24, 2008
Oh awesome... Wait, you need Freindface or twitter? Then I will have to pass... Unless they have scramble... (Even then no, but cookie for reference)

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I would've voted, it's just that I abhor both Twitter and Facebook and thus lack accounts for them. Sorry guys.

noodles loves you

Nov 20, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
noodles loves you said:
Have you considered just sitting back and seeing if your loyal fanbase will do this on their own initiative?

No? Well this makes sense too.
We hosted an event called the Gamer-lympics a while back. Had a site skin, ads up for it all over the place. Plenty of people took part and had a good time with it. And yet other people complained that they completely missed it because they "never heard about it, and why didn't we tell them????"

In other words, some people are quite adept at taking initiative. Others need a bit of a push.
Ah well that makes sense i suppose, making sure more people are aware of it. and it IS subtler and less incentive filled than the webby award push