The Escapist On The Road: PAX East 2013 - Game Night, Part 1 - Blankety Blank!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
PAX East 2013 - Game Night, Part 1 - Blankety Blank!

This video contains language of an adult nature. Viewer discretion advised!

Be sure to check out Part 3 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-on-the-road/7063?utm_source=latest&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all] of Game Night!

Get ready to match the stars! Join a hilarious collection of writers, pundits, and comedians for Blankety Blank, the live version of classic TV game show Match Game. Members of the audience will be selected as contestants and challenged to predict how the panelists will answer excessively silly questions. Whoever matches the most answers wins! For a raucous hour of raunchy fun, stop by - and bring your sense of humor. Part 1 of Game Show Night at PAX East 2013!

Panelists:
Susan Arendt, Editor in Chief, The Escapist
Dan Amrich, Community Manager, Activision
Chris Kohler, Editor, Game|Life
Russ Pitts, Features Editor, Polygon
Graham Stark, Bon Vivant, Loading Ready Run
Kathleen DeVere, Snark Machine, Loading Ready Run
Kyle Orland, Gaming Editor, Ars Technica

Watch Video

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Oh god, my sides hurt...

Also, what did that one woman actually say during the Thor bit? Sadly, I couldn't quite make it out.

General Vengeance

Aug 26, 2009
Thanks for uploading this, but could you change your commercial StarCraft II.
Okay got it, still not buying it. Certainly there has to be a better way for
advertisers to buy ad space here on the Escapist without being clubbed over the
head with their product. It doesn't entice me to buy it, it makes me run in the
opposite direction.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
JaceArveduin said:
Oh god, my sides hurt...

Also, what did that one woman actually say during the Thor bit? Sadly, I couldn't quite make it out.
I believe she said, "She never said eating what."

OT: That was glorious and a thing of beauty.

I had to stop it a few times and laugh and from all that talk of flesh lights I feel I must take a shower.

As well as getting something strong to drink because my mind went there.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
That may well just be the best thing ever.

Graham's "Pony that's bigger on the inside" had me in tears for so long.

Just bravo to everyone involved with that.

This was pretty much my constant throughout that whole thing.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
If I might borrow a line from Mr. Leon Phelps, the Ladies' Man:
"Yeah... uh... by 'dinner' I meant we'd be havin' sex, and by 'movie' I meant we'd be videotaping it."

I'm so sorry...

That was awesome, everybody. I'm sorry I missed it.

GodzillaGuy92

Jul 10, 2012
You can't imagine the relief I felt when I researched the "man engaged to Twilight Sparkle" thing and discovered that it was all almost certainly the work of a troll. Faith in humanity salvaged.

For the record, my favorite answer out of all of them is still that Gearbox spent the Colonial Marines money on Borderlands 2.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
And now I realize why "Russ' departure" podcat had Kane picture... I'm new here, you know. Also, you guys have to do something like that on Escapist Expo 2013, that's awesome.

Thistlehart

Nov 10, 2010
Andy Shandy said:
That may well just be the best thing ever.

Graham's "Pony that's bigger on the inside" had me in tears for so long.

Just bravo to everyone involved with that.

This was pretty much my constant throughout that whole thing.

All of this, right here. Graham, you are my hero. I nearly harmed myself laughing. Laughing that hard with a chest-cold leftover is... well... Graham. I salute you, sir. Well done. I would have died laughing were it not for... well... a small amount of self-control.

TheBestPieEver

Dec 13, 2011
That last one was the greatest moment of my internet life. My 2 favourite shows with the dirtiest things in the whole world.

Migs

Oct 13, 2010
In future, please please please PLEASE, find a way to record the audio from the sound system. The people who do work in the venue will know how to do this. If not, they don't know the venue and should not be taking your money.
This will result in much CLEARER audio and PLEASANT listing pleasure.

Other than that, good effort.
(Please fix this for Pax East/West 2013)

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Migs said:
In future, please please please PLEASE, find a way to record the audio from the sound system. The people who do work in the venue will know how to do this. If not, they don't know the venue and should not be taking your money.

What a shock, Migs complaining about something we've done. First of all, you do realize that PAX isn't our show, and therefore no one is taking 'our' money, right? Secondly, this was an experiment. We've never done video of any of our PAX panels before, so we thought we'd give it a shot this time and see how it went. We're actually pretty pleased with the results, given the number of variables we had to work with.

Leftnt Sharpe

Nick Furry
Apr 2, 2009
I'm surprised no one said 'Watch my Little Pony with Thor'. My mind went to the same place as Dan Amrich on the Tali question, truly he is a man of great intellect and wisdom.

Anyway this was extremely funny, looking forward to part 2!

qwagor

Mar 18, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Migs said:

What a shock, Migs complaining about something we've done. First of all, you do realize that PAX isn't our show, and therefore no one is taking 'our' money, right? Secondly, this was an experiment. We've never done video of any of our PAX panels before, so we thought we'd give it a shot this time and see how it went. We're actually pretty pleased with the results, given the number of variables we had to work with.
But he is right. Panel was great, but audio/video quality is absolutely horrendous. What did this 'experiment' entail? One camera on a tripod... For a site with outstanding video content this is unacceptable. Take a quick look at TGS PAX Live podcast (http://youtu.be/60nnX_B28s0), and take some pointers...

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
qwagor said:
Susan Arendt said:
Migs said:

But he is right. Panel was great, but audio/video quality is absolutely horrendous. What did this 'experiment' entail? One camera on a tripod... For a site with outstanding video content this is unacceptable. Take a quick look at TGS PAX Live podcast (http://youtu.be/60nnX_B28s0), and take some pointers...
We've actually never recorded a panel at PAX before (well, not with video, anyway), and this camera is brand new. No, the sound is not ideal, for a variety of reasons (including the room itself) but we thought that having this not-quite-optimal version was better than not having anything at all.

Tombsite

Nov 17, 2012
That was hilarious. Do you guys have this thing at the escapist expo?

Now I need to go take a long cleansing shower.