The Escapist On The Road: PAX East 2013 Game Night, Part 3 - Family Feud!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
PAX East 2013 Game Night, Part 3 - Family Feud!

Wonder where the earlier parts of Game Night are hiding? Check them out here: Part 2 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-on-the-road/7058-PAX-East-2013-Game-Night-Part-1-Blankety-Blank]!

We surveyed 100 gamers? can you guess their responses? Everybody?s favorite game show about families getting into arguments on television and husbands just having to smile and nod as Richard Dawson makes out with their wives is now a live PAX show. Random audience members will be organized into impromptu families and pitted against other audience members. Guess the most popular answers to our questions and you?ll win fabulous prizes!

Panelists:
Chris Kohler, Editor, Wired

Watch Video

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
And yet another exceedingly fun part to watch as well. =D

Favourite was still Blankety Blank though.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
Miss Arendt, I have a question. Did you have any prior experience as panel moderator until Escapist Expo 2012? Or was it your first time there and you just liked doing it?

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
I was very dissapoint in some of those people and their lack of knowledge.

Blankety Blank panel was the best just because it's so insanely hilarious with the celebrity guests. But I enjoyed watching all of these and playing at home.

Antendo

Feb 8, 2010
jackdeesface said:
Frozengale said:
I was very dissapoint in some of those people and their lack of knowledge.

Blankety Blank panel was the best just because it's so insanely hilarious with the celebrity guests. But I enjoyed watching all of these and playing at home.
It was the guy who didn't know any zombie games wasn't it? Still, easy to go blank in that situation for some i guess.
It was the mario 3 power ups for me. Ice flower and Yoshi? For srs? The "zombie dude" did surprise me though.

All in all, was fun to watch them all! Must've been a blast to be there, and especially to participate. Was good to see stuff from Blankety Blank carry over to the rest of the shows in some way (fleshlights and #pearmartini).

Hope to see something similar from PAX Prime and the future PAX's too!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
IllumInaTIma said:
Miss Arendt, I have a question. Did you have any prior experience as panel moderator until Escapist Expo 2012? Or was it your first time there and you just liked doing it?
I've been on panels at every PAX East, and hosted Blankety Blank for the first time last year. Why do you ask? :)

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
Susan Arendt said:
IllumInaTIma said:
I've been on panels at very PAX East, and hosted Blankety Blank for the first time last year. Why do you ask? :)
Just curious, really. Can't wait to see you host more games on Escapist Expo 2013!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
jackdeesface said:
Susan Arendt said:
IllumInaTIma said:
I've been on panels at very PAX East, and hosted Blankety Blank for the first time last year. Why do you ask? :)
If I could throw this out there, I'd way rather watch this if there was a 'celebrity' team and a pax attendees team.

Don't get me wrong, i found it thoroughly entertaining, but I found the blankity blank panel most entertaining as it had actual entertainers on it. Though I appreciate its obviously really cool for pax go'ers to be able to join in on something like this.
That's a fun idea! I'll definitely mention it to Chris. Family Feud is his baby - we all contribute to each other's shows, but the host has the final say so on how their particular show runs.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Someone needs a quiet sign for that audience.

Ice Flower and Yoshi as powerups in SMB3?

I thought SMB3 was one of those games that everyone needed to at least watch :(

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
I've only watched the first game so far but I think this was my favourite game night. FF FTW.