The Escapist Presents: Around the Office in 3 Questions

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Around the Office in 3 Questions

The staff dishes on their favorite gaming snacks and cooking skills.

Watch Video

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Hah, failed bread sandwich. So what did you like miss putting the bread together.

As far as food in video games, I find it comical when in beat em' ups, like fatal fury, you just punch open an oil drum and there's a fully cooked turkey inside.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Sorry... did I just hear... "nerds, I love nerds, you can put them in your mouth without using your hands, I've practiced this, it's an art form"

wtf are nerds?!?! please tell me it's food...

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
Rofl. Funk wins in interview skills. "I am the shittiest fu- err, worst cook in the world."

Maybe not, John. I burned Ramen once.

Re: What nerds are - they're little candies you can probably eat a thousand of at once. They're delicious.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Daveman said:
Sorry... did I just hear... "nerds, I love nerds, you can put them in your mouth without using your hands, I've practiced this, it's an art form"

lol yeah...not sure what to think myself XD

ribonuge

Dec 7, 2009
Daveman said:

Jaredin said:
lol yeah...not sure what to think myself XD

Ah synonyms, how you can provide humour astounds me.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Crimsane said:
How in God's name did you manage that?

Cooking... Good times. Well they are now, not when I was starting. The way to a woman's heart is your ability to cook, and finesse, and caring, and love, and...

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
Crimsane said:
How in God's name did you manage that?
Well, I had to take a leak. Then my ADD kicked in, and... I eventually remembered the Ramen by the smell of its smoldering remnants wafting into my room. It looked like a black flan was molesting the pot. It was baaaad.

TheGhostOfSin

Terrible, Terrible Damage.
May 21, 2008
Heh, nice to see more people that can't game and eat at the same time.

Holy crap Funk has a lot of Gundams, that's just in work, I wonder how bad his house is, I'd bet he lives in one of those giant gundams they built in Japan

Oh, and Sprout. You are adorable, I think I'm in love... >.>

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
I always liked the meals from Quest for Glory 5. There was this little gnome inn you stayed at and every time you ordered a meal she would give you this long winded speech of exactly what you were eating.

I remember at the end she had planned this huge lobster dinner after you had done a whole bunch of side quests to turn her inn into some 5 star hotel. She gives you this long speech about how all her cooks had systematicaly destroyed all of the food through a bunch of slapstick that only the best of comedians could pull off. In the end she goes out and gets you a pizza.

Also that game also had you feed cerberus a box of chocolates, a gyro, and an avacado pizza which they then got to arguing with themselves over how bad their food selection is going to mix in their one stomach.

Anyway I think of food in game I think of QFG5 because food played a huge role and it really did nothing at all.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
TheNamlessGuy said:
Made me chuckle.

And finally I get to see what you guys look like!
I only knew how Susan looked because of the Yahtzee interview, and Russ because... well, he's everywhere.

Nicely done!
We're in videos all the time. Check other episodes of The Escapist Presents.

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
John Funk seems like a guy I would like to be friends with... "I'm the shittiest fu-... er.. worst cook in the world" Lol! but having seen the other videos he seems really nice... and you've got some cute girls working for your magazine : )
I want moar of this kind of "The Escapist Presents:" videos! : D

EDIT: did the first guy say "balls"? that just sounds wrong... but I guess that it's not what I'm thinking of...

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
Ah, Raine, your cooking "skills" are like that of Homer Simpson. I remember failing sandwich making as well, John.

I would have to say that the funniest instance of food in game would be the fully cooked turkey in the trash can in multiple brawlers. I figured that at least one of you would answer that, but you only got so far as the Gauntlet drumstick (thanks to Russ). Overall, a good video.

[sub]Grape soda. Apart from apple juice, the gaming drink of champions.[/sub]

Phenom828 said:
EDIT: did the first guy say "balls"? that just sounds wrong... but I guess that it's not what I'm thinking of...
There's an energy drink named "Bawls". There's plenty of innuendo to be heard about that drink, and I think that name was created for that purpose.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
Wow, everybody over at The Escapist seems so freaking nice... I've never seen such a place. I have to respectfully disagree with the separation of Snack and Game, however; sure, certain games like FPS's require two hands, but if you're just playing an RPG or something similar, a reliable snack ensures you won't have to move from your gaming position for a good long while. I love myself some all dressed potato chips, personally. That and Dr. Pepper... gotta have that.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
ckeymel said:
Actually I meant human nerds. They are so tasty and good for you.
The way it was said though when applied to people just sounds so dirty...

Interesting to hear about the Escapist's cooking skills. I would have guessed about the same as what I heard on the video. As for me, I think I may also fail at make a bread sandwich. I would manage to burn it... somehow.

Dhatz

Aug 18, 2009
some thing are totally alien to me(what was that seety fish or WTF?). said a guy who lives in Czech Republic. the John Funk bit was a WTF. such stuff happens a lot in games where multiple people work on elements of same mechanics.