The Escapist Presents: Breach

HaraDaya

Nov 9, 2009
Yeah, as already mentioned, I can see the destruction being abused, like it already is in Bad Company 2. After 15 minutes it can be hard to find any form of cover, because people love destroying everything in their path. And you know, underbarrel grenade launchers with infinite ammo doesn't help.
It has ideas I love, but I don't think they look polished enough. I'm a tactics lover, so if I can indeed do whatever tactics from real life in their game, I'm sold. It would prolly also sell it better to me if it wasn't on the xbox only.

DeASplode said:
Didn't really look that great.

Also, third person view cover system? Why can't I just crouch behind the sandbags...
Be gone with you, third person view cover system is awesome. That way you can see if any part of you is sticking out, visible to the enemy. And in Rainbow Six Vegas it complemented the character customization. Not much fun having a custom avatar that you never get to see. It also gives you the edge to look around corners, which might sound like an unfair advantage, but it encourages people to run and gun less. Which is ALWAYS good.

baconfist said:
What the hell is up with unlockables in multiplayer games these days? Am I the only one who wants to pick up a game and play against my friends without either unlocking characters and items for 40 hours or starting at level one with the crappiest weapons, if I wanted to do that I'd play an MMORPG.
Ain't that the truth. It wouldn't be a problem if all the weapons were balanced. That's the problem I have with BC2 and was afraid of happening right from the start. DICE seriously suck at balancing, there's always one weapon to rule them all in each weapon class. Why even bother making so many weapons when everyone is using the same guns.

pubesz

May 20, 2009
Grrrrreat interview. It's well put together and nice little touch at the end with the joke. Well done Escapist Team, well done.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
DividedUnity said:
Game looks alright. the sounds are horrible though.
I thought that too, but the video is off-screen, so the sound is going to be like that. You can see the TV in the bottom of the frame.

OT: Probably going to get this, and I can't wait for Six Days in Fallujah.

LordCraigus

May 21, 2008
Personally I'm much more interested in finally seeing Six Days in Fallujah released, good to hear there's been a renewed interest and they're still working on it.

Sh0ckFyre

Jun 27, 2009
Speaking of breaches...

...This looks like a pretty fun game. I'm digging the destructible cover that is more realistic than some games.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
thats gotta be in the early alpha build stage still, Im surprised they are showing it off so soon

zamble

We are GOLDEN!
Sep 28, 2009
Wow, shooting at a wall and taking a single brick off... that was so realistic!

/sarcasm)

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
I could not make sense of whatever the guy was talking about. So if we are special ops soldiers we will enjoy the game more? Doesn't look great at all to me. When a Dev's main selling point is that you can shoot individual bricks then I worry.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Looks very rough around the edges, but it's early days for the game yet.
Don't actually use Xbox Live much myself, but I'd download it to check it out.

Not sure I was totally convinced about shooting individual bricks out of walls... Maybe if you had to fire a clip into the same spot and use your rifle butt or shoulder to finish the job..
I can see the real world applications for that.. but in a fast paced fps, isn't that just going to get your head blown off if you're caught doing masonry work instead of reloading? :p

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I'll only be happy if they actually give us good opportunities to blow the shit out of a load of buildings. If it's one of these games that sticks random destructible shacks and signposts into rows of concrete houses and doesn't give us enough explosives to level a decent-sized town, I will get angry (or just won't play it).

[sub]I saw your cameraman/woman/Susan in the reflection at the start. Don't try to hide from me.[/sub]

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
uhhh gonna need some polish haha but that's a given since it's in development

but even an xbla fps game still needs something to make it stand out besides "destructible environments" cuz BC2 had that and even then it wasn't like a complete wow factor either

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
I dunno if the game actually has have the best visuals for online play only, more stuff you transfer over the internet the more information can get lost. Looks pretty cool I want to play it.

Chechosaurus

Jul 20, 2008
I only clicked because I got the title confused with Brink which is the game I am currently wetting my pants with excitement over. Even so, this actually looks quite interesting. Cover system seems quite similar to Rainbow 6:Vegas model which I'm really fond of. I might check it when it comes out. I've got a heavy operation over the summer so I'll need something to play whilst dosed up on Kodine.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
I like it! Depending on how good the finished product is I might even renew my XBL account to play

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
I kinda like how it seems like you can shoot through any cover, BUT Battle company 1 did that, with much better graphic and sound!

Totally going to pass on this one unless it can really step it up

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
I kinda like how it seems like you can shoot through any cover, BUT Battle company 1 did that, with much better graphic and sound!

Totally going to pass on this one unless it can really step it up

EDIT lagged up and double posted, I'm sorry

Mar 28, 2009
I hope release is still a while away. I'd hope by then your surroundings will take realistic damage instead of just disappearing. Also what was with the guy who just disappeared when the grenade went off? Hopefully this is stuff common to all beta games. I wouldn't know.

felltablet

Nov 12, 2007
Kalezian said:
Pink dragon said:
bad company 2 > this bland title

buhahaha, thats funny, thinking BC 2 in its current form is greater than anything when really its one of the most half-assed games I had the horror of playing.

I guess next you will say something like Bad Company was the first game to have destructible environments.
While I completely agree that DICE released an unfinished product, I am enjoying the game far more than other past multiplayer shooters.

What, if you don't care to say, didn't you like about it?